Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nottingham - Gateway {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2023, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by adobbing
Had a stay a couple of months back, hotel was fairly empty.
Stayed in 307/ 309 I think, both on ground floor of new section.
They are accessed through their own separate entrance at the rear, using your key card.
This could be an issue if raining and wanting to get between bar and room.
Not sure whether if you used the lift to go up a floor or so, whether you can walk through to main area?

Rooms were an upgrade from basic rooms booked.
No other Diamond perks other than free breakfast.
Thanks..... did you manage OLCI to these rooms or just assigned at physical check in?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 5:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
Thanks..... did you manage OLCI to these rooms or just assigned at physical check in?
I think I was going to do OLCI once I’d seen the upgrade, then didn’t get around to it.
I remember checking in at the front desk.

If you know you are definitely going to be in one of these rooms, drive around the back to park, I initially parked at the front and then moved the car.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 7:34 am
Original Poster

I think I was going to do OLCI once I’d seen the upgrade, then didn’t get around to it.
I remember checking in at the front desk.

If you know you are definitely going to be in one of these rooms, drive around the back to park, I initially parked at the front and then moved the car.
Gotcha….. I think there is Diamond parking around the back too from what I remember, thanks…..I will see how it pans out but I’m not too fussed as it’s only an overnighter to break the journey up north, that said I’m curious to see this new wing.
Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 7:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Gotcha….. I think there is Diamond parking around the back too from what I remember, thanks…..I will see how it pans out but I’m not too fussed as it’s only an overnighter to break the journey up north, that said I’m curious to see this new wing.
Cheers.
Yep, I think I parked in a “Diamond” spot.
Rooms are quite nice from what I remember, decent shower and a lot of space in the bathroom.
It was the night before one of the bank holidays, so probably not that busy as a result.
We are in the bar as arrived quite late, burger was reasonable from what I recall.
Old Jun 27, 2023, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Yep, I think I parked in a “Diamond” spot.
Rooms are quite nice from what I remember, decent shower and a lot of space in the bathroom.
It was the night before one of the bank holidays, so probably not that busy as a result.
We are in the bar as arrived quite late, burger was reasonable from what I recall.
Excellent…… just noticed I’ve been preupgraded to a king superior room, I believe these are in the new orchard wing so will do OLCI Thursday morning to a room top floor / end corridor as hopefully this will be quiet.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Arrived 8:30 pm, car park half full ( complimentary ) no longer designated diamond parking as the signs are gone.
Digital key arrived at my phone almost after I done OLCI around 6:30pm at some motorway services, no room choice but I’m in the new orchard wing.
It’s kinda nice, obviously very new…digital key worked fine for entrance door and room .

KING SUPERIOR ROOM - it’s reasonably big ,nice decor, huge tv, desk and comfy armchair…. Bed is superking size ( European) and very comfy, two bottles of water .
Will upload some photos later…

BATHROOM - it’s very small although the monsoon shower is fairly large, that said it’s not particularly powerful but perfectly adequate….fluffy towels and nice bathrobes..
Popped to bar for a swift beer and wandered around, don’t seem to remember the bar area, great looking menu and reasonably priced, I wish I didn’t eat at the motorway services now!

GYM - poked my head in , it’s clean and tidy but very sparse with not much equipment, I hope to get a quick workout in the morning.

Annoyingly there is a function on in the orchard suite and it’s heavy bass is loud, I can see the ear plugs coming out later!

About to retire ( hopefully ) , in the morning early breakfast and off to Newcastle.
Will report back!
Old Jul 1, 2023, 12:01 am
Original Poster

Arrived 8:30 pm, car park half full ( complimentary ) no longer designated diamond parking as the signs are gone.
Digital key arrived at my phone almost after I done OLCI around 6:30pm at some motorway services, no room choice but I’m in the new orchard wing.
It’s kinda nice, obviously very new…digital key worked fine for entrance door and room .

KING SUPERIOR ROOM - it’s reasonably big ,nice decor, huge tv, desk and comfy armchair…. Bed is superking size ( European) and very comfy, two bottles of water .
Will upload some photos later…

BATHROOM - it’s very small although the monsoon shower is fairly large, that said it’s not particularly powerful but perfectly adequate….fluffy towels and nice bathrobes..
Popped to bar for a swift beer and wandered around, don’t seem to remember the bar area, great looking menu and reasonably priced, I wish I didn’t eat at the motorway services now!

GYM - poked my head in , it’s clean and tidy but very sparse with not much equipment, I hope to get a quick workout in the morning.

Annoyingly there is a function on in the orchard suite and it’s heavy bass is loud, I can see the ear plugs coming out later!

About to retire ( hopefully ) , in the morning early breakfast and off to Newcastle.
Will report back!
Slept very well, bed super comfy……loud music went off at 11pm so no issue there…..up early and hit the gym , empty just myself present, did get photos and will upload when I get time.
Now off to breakfast, will report back!
Old Jul 1, 2023, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Slept very well, bed super comfy……loud music went off at 11pm so no issue there…..up early and hit the gym , empty just myself present, did get photos and will upload when I get time.
Now off to breakfast, will report back!
BREAKFAST - it was all very nice, nice selection but strangely no yogurt….no complaints and very quiet at 7am this morning.

CONCLUSION - it was nice, would happily return

CHECK OUT - done online…easy !

ROOM NO - 303

NEXT PLANNED STAY - Hilton Newcastle Gateshead ( I’m here now )
Old Oct 6, 2023, 4:58 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Stayed here for one night. Booked a queen and that's what I got. Looked pretty busy when looking at upgrade options on day of check in.

Bar was quite lively when I arrived at 9pm and I headed to my room in the older bit of the hotel

Looks like council are still using this as over spill for residents in the local area.

Had to drive north morning so can got a quick bite at breakfast. Didnt have any of the cooked options. Apparently the evening menu has been updated

OK for £95 stop

Old Oct 7, 2023, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by richardhall99
Stayed here for one night. Booked a queen and that's what I got. Looked pretty busy when looking at upgrade options on day of check in.

Bar was quite lively when I arrived at 9pm and I headed to my room in the older bit of the hotel

Looks like council are still using this as over spill for residents in the local area.

Had to drive north morning so can got a quick bite at breakfast. Didnt have any of the cooked options. Apparently the evening menu has been updated

OK for £95 stop

I always enjoy reading your informative reviews…..many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.