Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Leaving Award Reservation Early - Get Any Points Back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond

I'm in Dallas, the Gators lost, and I'm thinking about flying home tomorrow instead of Tuesday. I'm staying in a Hampton Inn that I booked with points and am wondering about the following:

If I cancel the room for Monday night today, will I be able to get a refund of one night's worth of HHonors points that I used to book the room?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by GatorBlues
I'm in Dallas, the Gators lost, and I'm thinking about flying home tomorrow instead of Tuesday. I'm staying in a Hampton Inn that I booked with points and am wondering about the following:

If I cancel the room for Monday night today, will I be able to get a refund of one night's worth of HHonors points that I used to book the room?
Only if you booked each night separately. You can always ask the property manager, but they don't have to budge. Good luck, and keep us posted. ^
Old Apr 8, 2014, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
After confirming that my reservation was not booked in a special category forbidding cancellations, the manager happily completed the paperwork to refund the last night's points to my HHonors account. It wasn't a ton of points, but I appreciate that Hilton treated me fairly.

Despite the many complaints I have read about the HHonors program and redemptions, I've had very good success and very good experiences when using my points and on paid stays. (There was one issue that infuriated me in Hawaii last year, but the manager corrected it the next day.) I plan to stick with Hilton for the foreseeable future.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I would have said, probably, unless it was a special rate. (I recently burned the last of my old AXON reservations, where leaving a night early would have cost me more points.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.