Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {ESP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alexandra Barcelona Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton {ESP}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SK AAR
The property is currently 70,000 points (standard rate) or around 360 Euro (Hilton sale). Given the mixed reviews here, this property is worth it? I'm considering using points, 360 Euro/nt is far out of my range for a basic hotel room.

Add. info: Apparently this is a very busy Sept weekend in Barcelona (SAT to SUN); rates in general are very high and this property is close to sold out (the nearby Best Western on the same street was Euro 220/nt and is now sold out)
Worth it? Ultimately the question is whether your trip to BCN needs to occur on a busy September weekend. If it does, then you either burn your points (and be happy with the > 0.5 cent "value") or you find somewhere else to stay that is likely to be equally over-priced, inconveniently located and/or unavailable with Hilton points.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
ok just finished a 3 night stay here. Nice enough hotel, great location.
Checked in around 2am thanks to a late flight. Night staff were a bit ditzy, they were convinced my girlfriend had checked in already, and kept trying to give me that room key (I dont have a girlfriend but had booked the room for 2 people!). Then when that was cleared up they issued me a room but sent one guy up to check if it was actually available. It wasnt. Then apparently I got some kind of upgrade, but ended up with a twin room instead of a king room, but decided to deal with it the next day. Nothing available (odd since when booking the agent gave me the choice of twin or 1 bed), but they made the twins up into one bed.

The walls are VERY thin, I was getting woken up by the iphone alarm in the room next to me every morning so its not for light sleepers. I tapped on the wall and it was just plasterboard, which was a bit surprising.

Decent breakfast with good options.

One odd exchange was when I asked for late checkout, was VERY animatedly told, no chance, I said nicely, no chance nothing at all? and he got very excited and kept telling me to read the terms and conditions that it was subject to availability and they're very full, I said ok no worries, but he kept insisting "read the conditions" and actually ran to the back room to pull out the hilton card to show me! I kept saying, "im fine, please dont, I believe you really!" but he kept insisting and telling me to read them. Bit odd.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They've always been crap on HHonors benefits. The late checkout attitude doesn't surprise me.

I wonder how Bonvoy properties cope. It must be chaos every day with their 4PM checkout .
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:43 pm

This hotel is the most horrible Hilton property I have ever been, I am Diamond member, I was downgraded and received accessible room, then received room where all broken, they said no breakfast for Diamond member, also told me to leave hotel at 11:00 and when I checked out one hour later they Penalty me for 68Euros

when I say it is cheating they called the police!!

no upgrade no service nothing just very poor atitude and service!
stay away at all cost there are much better options in Barcelona

this property is total Garbage!!!

and i was at winter low season
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What did you book and what did you receive? Do you have screenshots from the App?

Taking your side as fact, you should chargeback and consider suing.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by dizel1024
This hotel is the most horrible Hilton property I have ever been, I am Diamond member, I was downgraded and received accessible room, then received room where all broken, they said no breakfast for Diamond member, also told me to leave hotel at 11:00 and when I checked out one hour later they Penalty me for 68Euros

when I say it is cheating they called the police!!

no upgrade no service nothing just very poor atitude and service!
stay away at all cost there are much better options in Barcelona

this property is total Garbage!!!

and i was at winter low season
.... how's that cheating? You checked out past the checkout-time. Late checkout isn't guaranteed: "

Late Check-out

Late check-out must be requested and is subject to availability."

You checked out past their posted time and them charging you for that is cheating? How? Am I missing something here?

Originally Posted by hugolover
What did you book and what did you receive? Do you have screenshots from the App?

Taking your side as fact, you should chargeback and consider suing.
If OP received an accessible room, I don't think that qualifies as a downgrade. It's still the same room, if anything that's a sidegrade. Chargeback is a good way to get your account completely suspended and all status and points seized. So is suing. I think that's hardly worth it for a missed upgrade and a non-granted late checkout, something that happens all the time.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It sounds to me like the OP booked via an OTA or something, where all the DYKWIA-ing at the hotel would be irrelevant. In all the times I've stayed here, even during COVID, breakfast was not an issue. Nor was a late check-out when requested at check-in...
Old Nov 30, 2022, 1:18 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I have stayed there 3 times and I always got free breakfast, without having to ask or anything. Once I needed a two hours late checkout and one hour was granted for free (the hotel seemed well booked the time).
I suspect either OP attitude was very agressive or we are missing part of the story, possibly a OTA booking.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Next time stay at the nearby BW Hotel Dante. Basic but solid choice with nice rooms (on the small side admittedly) and much cheaper.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: UA, AS, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Have a 3 night stay booked here for next week but also considering the Intercontinental. Has anyone stayed at both and would share some words of wisdom? Will be traveling with spouse and 2 yr old and their first time in Europe so really hoping not to ruin things at the start of the trip.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by itsG
Have a 3 night stay booked here for next week but also considering the Intercontinental. Has anyone stayed at both and would share some words of wisdom? Will be traveling with spouse and 2 yr old and their first time in Europe so really hoping not to ruin things at the start of the trip.
The Alexandra is in a much better location for tourism and simply wandering around (and back to the hotel for a nap) without needing as much public transport.

The Intercontinental is in a better location for letting your little one run around outside - the Montjuic fountains, etc. Assuming that you have Diamond Ambassador status with IHG, you will probably get a bigger room.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: UA, AS, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The Alexandra is in a much better location for tourism and simply wandering around (and back to the hotel for a nap) without needing as much public transport.

The Intercontinental is in a better location for letting your little one run around outside - the Montjuic fountains, etc. Assuming that you have Diamond Ambassador status with IHG, you will probably get a bigger room.
Sadly just IHG Platinum so not expecting an upgrade. Appreciate the insight.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 3:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Just completed a 2N stay here Thurs-Sar (August 2023, thus fairly packed). Overall, I would not repeat. Only pro I can think of is the location. Walls very thin, as pointed out above. We got allegedly a one level upgrade (from superior room to collection room), but the room we got was tiny. Was overlooking the street but fairly loud when balcony open given traffic. Otherwise balcony door managed to isolate noise well. Breakfast selection fairly limited, and did not see the chance to order a la carte dishes. Also generally small breakfast area. Upon checking out, was only given from 11am to 12 noon so barely an hour. Was told elites only given til 1pm max as general hotel policy. Gym was also ridiculously tiny
Old Aug 5, 2023, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This hotel was always like that.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Silver
Spent 4 nights here recently. Was upgraded as Diamond to Junior Suite from Queen Superior. Our room was on Level 1 Carrer de Mallorca side on the corner. Very little street noise, minimal light pollution. Staff was excellent and responsive to our needs, such as shower not draining, need for last minute tour booking and dinner reservations. Breakfast for two was included as Diamond. Location was fantastic for our first trip to Barcelona. 10/10 would stay there again.
ContinentalFan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.