Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru {MYS}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by shuigao
Any easy way to message the hotel for special requests? The hhonors app only gives a phone number but I'm anti social and prefer written communication wherever possible 😂
[email protected]
shuigao likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Originally Posted by ashkale
try twitter if you have one
I always PM Hilton on twitter and a rep from the hotel will email me back confirming the request
shuigao likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Is this a good hotel for a Mattress run especially now? Of course if you are based in Malaysia.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Personally, given that the HGI Singapore (Little India) is just under US$150 before tax, I think that the Doubletree in JB is a bargain at under US$85-90 incl tax albeit usually not on weekends.

I think not a bad candidate for a mattress run, and get some less expensive shopping done too to boot.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 2:44 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Quick review

I had a 3 night stay at this property. Was upgraded to a King Suite room a few days before my stay.

Check-in:
Arrived rather late at the property and was checked in by a mediocre front desk agent. Did not really give any run down of the facilities and not very friendly or welcoming.

Room:
The room was spacious with a true separate bedroom. I believe this could be turned into. 2 bedroom suite as there was an adjoining door. The living room area was spacious. The room/hotel is showing already showing some wear and tear, but still functional. There was an arrival platter of fruits and small chocolate.
View of the room was towards the causeway and neighbouring buildings.
Bathroom was large with a tub and walk in shower. It had also a part of the wardrobe in the bathroom. Toiletries were updated with the wall mounted bottles.

View from room

Coffee and tea making facilities

View from the room

Bedroom

Welcome gift

Living room

Bathroom

View of pool from the room

Bathroom

Breakfast:
This was at the Makan Kitchen, it did get crowded even during the weekdays. The spread was actually very good with mix of different dishes. Staff in general were friendly and helpful.

Lounge:
I did not expect even during the weekdays that the lounge would be crowded but it was. I felt that how they handled the crowding to be quite bad, the solution they proposed was that they will send food to your room. However I asked them to give me a call when space became available. Not sure why they do not have this as a addition option. The next day I called up first to check and did request for them to call me when space was available. Food wise it was not too bad and as expected from Asian properties it was sufficient to create a meal from it. Cocktails and hard liquor was to be ordered. White and red wine was available for self pour. Another moot point which I felt is a ridiculous requirement which seemed to be selective applies was the wearing of flipflops. They did have quite a number of other dressing code - very much like Qantas lounges.

All in all an ok stay. Staff in general a mix bag, some friendly and some not so.

Hotel entrance view

Cheers!
Old Dec 28, 2023, 6:03 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
I have found variously applied dress codes for the lounges, especially across Asia, many times. It's frustrating. Better they publish the policy then stick to it rather than be selective. It just leaves people who follow the policy annoyed. Long pants would be a great example.

The whole EL situations sounds a bit chaotic from your review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.