Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4th quarter promotion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Whenever I sign up for a promotion I simply try to register a second time and it tells me if the registration went through.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Thank you!!!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Whenever I sign up for a promotion I simply try to register a second time and it tells me if the registration went through.
It's amazing how this simple, yet effective, step seems to elude so many otherwise experienced travelers. Same with the novel idea of keeping the confirming email. Should we have to do this? Of course not...but HH essentially forces us to take these simple additional steps. No doubt we will continue to read tales of woe here from those who absolutely, positively signed up (including some who weren't targeted yet claim to have done so even before the promo went live) yet have no proof. If the bonus points matter that much to you, take some responsibility for assuring your registration.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Having to register to get the promo seems not a customer-friendly process.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Thats how it works anywhere. SPG, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by bricerutledge
Didn't Hilton have a bunch of computer issues when this promotion came out? Yeah, not real pleased about their response. I guess moral of the story is print the registration email... Didn't think that would be something that I would ever need to do.
Printing confirmation or screenprinting the page is about the only real proof one may have in whether you signed up or not.

Sorry to hear you missed out for that stay. They are definitely hardcore on this issue. Otherwise everyone would be calling to say they already signed up. So I guess they have to draw the line somewhere.

For a future note, it's a good idea to always screenprint or print your confirmation for any and all promotions you sign up for. Be sure to make it a habit (never know when you might need it).
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by kmandrew
ahhh yes! Another good screenprint.^

In fact, I screenprint showing the bar along the bottom of my computer. It shows the date and exact time of registration.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium and lifetime PLT
Can anyone please provide a link for the Q4 promo? I checked the site and did not find?

I have been staying home since June and need to hit the road now...TIA!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Exactly! For some of us, it was well-hidden. Did not scroll past the welcome screen (although some promotions did). No e-mail. You had to go into "Offers" to find it there.

I'm also one of the ones that missed out - on 20,000 points.

I was concentrating more on the Marriott stays I had this month, and you know what? If you signed up anytime before the end of the Marriott Megabonus promotion, it covered ANY stay you made during the life of the promotion, even ones that had passed.

While I do feel bitter about the Hilton one, I guess I can't do anything except accept their rules.

But doesn't make it any easier to swallow. When I read about it here, I got that sinking feeling, and hoped against hope the hotel I just checkout out of would be on the "does not participate" list. No such luck.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Deleted

Last edited by pauleeepaul; Nov 8, 2013 at 3:52 pm
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Do I have to seriously explain why they do this? It isn't that hard.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:14 pm

The question is not why you have to register at all - of course they don't want to be giving extra points to everyone, whether they care or not.

But what difference does it make whether you registered before the promo (check-out from the hotel), as long as it was with the whole timeframe?

And I still truly believe this was not readily seen...and yes, I take full responsibility for not digging...but I always watch the welcome screen before I start a reservation, I DO like to see what new offers are going by, and this one was never there.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Nov 3, 2013 at 1:59 pm
Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The only way I knew about this promo was from FT. And then when the registration became available to everyone, it was at the bottom of the list of promotions. obviously Hilton doesn't want me to sign up. Thank you FTers who posted about it ahead of time.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:27 am

Well guess what e-mail I just got TODAY!

Yup, the 2x, 3x, 4x Promotion. Almost a month after it started.

Honestly, this is simply not right.

Is there a Hilton liaison on this board like the Starwood Lurkers?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN A+ (and Sometimes CP) | Hilton Diamond | Avis Preferred | National Car Exec
The email I got for this was dated 27-Sep.

Not recalling if I had clicked it or not, I clicked, and fortunately, it says I'm already registered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.