Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Seychelles {SYC}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Seychelles {SYC}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond VIP, Marriott Silver, Goldpoints Silver, A-Club, Priority Club Blue
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Seychelles {SYC}

Hello all,

did anyone of you also hear the rumours that there's going to be a new Hilton on Praslin island (Seychelles)? As far as I heard, they are about to buy an alsready existing hotel resort there.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I heard that another chain was planning to open on Praslin--I thought it was Four Seasons but Googled this and came up with nothing. Have not heard about Hilton opening on Praslin--which would surprise me, given that Hilton already has a porperty on the main island Mahe.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 12:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Seychelles {SYC}

I know there are posts about the individual properties, but I'd like to hear which would be better to pick, if I could only go to one. The two I know of are the Northolme Resort and the Labriz on Silhouette Island.

Would like to do a Mauritius / Seychelles / Maldives trip next year, and four nights in the Seychelles sounds nice... The Labriz resort looks a bit more "exclusive" but the Northolme resort looks beautiful out on the rocks. Has anyone been to both?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:43 pm

Programs: AAexec Paltinum , Hilton Lifetime diamond, Marriot Titanium
northehlme

my wife and i went to the hilton northeholme in aug 2010. at the time that was the only hilton in the seychelles. The hotel is very nice. try and get upgraded to an oceanfront room. The rooms and the views are amazing. The breakfast is not like any hilton i have ever been to. i wish other hiltons had their breakfast and food. We stayed at this hotel for 9 days, all on points. the hotel has a lot of activities to take you into town or sailing or .... most are free, except for the sailing, which i highly suggest, it wasnt a lot.

you can also walk or take a cab to town or a smaller beach town by the hotel where there is a great pizza place. i looked at the other hilton when it came online and i think it is away from everything.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 9:34 pm

Best Hilton in Seychelles (award stay)?

I'm looking to burn some HiltonHorrors at a beach destination before the devaluation. What is the best Hilton for that in Seychelles?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
To make a long story short, Labriz. Northolme is very nice, but Labriz is an even nicer setting with better rooms and service and far nicer (i.e., spectacular) beaches, but you can take some nice strolls and even hikes to some of those beaches. Haven't been to the Doubletree, which I'd imagine is great also, but from what I can tell it's a level below the other two.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:10 pm

Thanks TR. I read few other threads and both properties seem to have pluses and minuses. Will have to make up my mind tomorrow.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 8:25 am

Programs: OVER ENTITLED United 1K 2MM HHonors Diamond ICH Club Platinum Marriott Gold
I choose Labriz

Having done both on my honeymoon in 2011, I agree with Labriz (and it was only a category 6 when I went there). You have the whole island to yourself. It is more remote and there are more outdoor activities like hiking to do. Stunning area and stunning rooms. It is a bit harder to get to.

Northolme is still very nice. If you want to be more pampered, I would go there. The beach is tiny, and washed away one night in a storm when we were there. I was told it would return, but could take months. You can take excursions into town from Northolme for shopping, but shopping isn't at the top of my list when I travel halfway around the world.

Enjoy!!!! You'll love them both.

Sail a Nacra
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BigRedBears
Thanks TR. I read few other threads and both properties seem to have pluses and minuses. Will have to make up my mind tomorrow.
You're welcome! If you're going for more than a week, you could split your time between the two. If so, I'd recommend doing Northolme first and spending more time at Labriz.

Also, be aware that at least as of last year Labriz was offering its otherwise expensive boat transfer from the main island of Male to Silhouette for free if you stay five or more nights there.

Happy trails!
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Is the boat transfer free if you are staying on points?
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:06 am

I ended up booking 5 nights (AXON+1) at Labriz and 5 nights at Moorea. Depending on award tickets availability will choose one or another. Thanks guys!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
Is the boat transfer free if you are staying on points?
At least as of last May for us, the rules seemed to be the same regardless of whether staying on points (which is what we did) or paying $$: If your stay is five nights or more, the transfer is free. But as I might have already said, get this confirmed in writing in advance from Labriz and bring the print-out with you just in case you run into an ignorant front desk agent at Labriz (which is what we did - the only instance of bad service in our stay there, but quickly straightened out by a supervisor).

Originally Posted by BigRedBears
I ended up booking 5 nights (AXON+1) at Labriz and 5 nights at Moorea. Depending on award tickets availability will choose one or another. Thanks guys!
A great trip either way. Happy trails!
Old May 15, 2013, 9:58 am
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
At least as of last May for us, the rules seemed to be the same regardless of whether staying on points (which is what we did) or paying $$: If your stay is five nights or more, the transfer is free. But as I might have already said, get this confirmed in writing in advance from Labriz and bring the print-out with you just in case you run into an ignorant front desk agent at Labriz (which is what we did - the only instance of bad service in our stay there, but quickly straightened out by a supervisor).

A great trip either way. Happy trails!
I believe they have amended the boat transfer rules (for everyone, not just award stays). The language now states that with a 5-nights booking, you receive a complimentary roundtrip transfer but it does not apply to the arrival or departure date; that is, you still have to pay the 125EUR boat transfer regardless. You can use the complimentary boat transfer to go back to the main island during your stay free of charge.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton HHonors Hotels in Seychelles {SYC}

Hi there.

Have a deluxe poolside villa booked for 4 days at Hilton Labriz or a Oceanview Villa booked at Northolme.

My only concern with Labriz is the boat ride and how I have read some reviews where they actually got very seasick, also there is an extra price of 300 euros on top for transfers to/from Labriz from airport.

I want to go on the "safe" side and go for Northolme, however I mostly read posts here who say that if they could select either one, then it would be Labriz.

On tripadvisor labriz has a bigger ratio of negative reviews than Northolme.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The negatives with Labriz right now is that there is a 45min boat ride there which could make my wife sea sick and the fact that it is a secluded island and we wont be able to dine anywhere else other than at the Labriz, while if we were at Northolme there is bigger chance of seeing other places and restaurants?

Thanks for all the input!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Would anyone who have stayed at both properties have any input? I mean I know Labriz is a "better" place but because of the boat ride I am not sure what to do. If anyone could give me any advice or share their experience on the boat ride then that would be great.

Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.