Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Blackstone's Hilton Files for $1.25 Billion IPO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA and HH

Bloomberg Article here
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: HY DIA, HI Gold, M Plat, SPG Gold, AC Plat
Makes the Hilton Honors devaluation clearer

Well that definitely makes sense now that they have cut their liabilities side of the equation with the devaluation of HHonors. Makes their balance sheet look a whole lot better for the IPO. Too bad it may hurt the public company with rooms later on.....
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
$1.25 billion IPO when it was acquired for $26 billion (including debt). It's a very small share of equity that is being floated out there
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:40 am

Misleading thread title. IPO will value company at 30billion. Don't forget, they bought it in 2007, just before all the turmoil.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope with Blackstone cashing out and piles of cash from an IPO there will be more budget for marketing/loyalty programs... So perhaps things will get better.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Misleading thread title. IPO will value company at 30billion. Don't forget, they bought it in 2007, just before all the turmoil.
No, thread title is fine. IPO is to raise $1.25b, just like the headline says. Hilton was acquired for $26b and could possibly be valued at $30b today, says Bloomberg. That's not a very good ROI for Blackstone in seven years, even given the financial crisis. No wonder they're knocking the hell out of HHonors to try to polish up the balance sheet.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:36 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by azepine00
I hope with Blackstone cashing out and piles of cash from an IPO there will be more budget for marketing/loyalty programs... So perhaps things will get better.
The linked Bloomberg article says they plan on using the proceeds to pay down debt
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
And money to hire a competent website/app programmer.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by Stripe
And money to hire a competent website/app programmer.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Dettmann1
Well that definitely makes sense now that they have cut their liabilities side of the equation with the devaluation of HHonors. Makes their balance sheet look a whole lot better for the IPO. Too bad it may hurt the public company with rooms later on.....
Has anyone ever seen the value of outstanding Hhonors points? Corporate Hilton's liability? I can't believe it moves the needle at this level.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
As a public company, such costs will be shown in the financial statement, management will be under constant pressure to show continued financial performance. Marketing/loyalty program expenses are vulnerable when the numbers come up short, as AMEX did earlier this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.