Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

If you come up short for an elite level, does HH still send a challenge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond

I remember in past years if you did not requalify for Diamond or Gold HH would send you an e-mail stating something like if you stay 6 times by 4/1 you can maintain your Diamond or Gold status. I ask because it looks like I will lose my Diamond status and will drop to Silver next year - unless something else happens.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by JB123
I remember in past years if you did not requalify for Diamond or Gold HH would send you an e-mail stating something like if you stay 6 times by 4/1 you can maintain your Diamond or Gold status. I ask because it looks like I will lose my Diamond status and will drop to Silver next year - unless something else happens.
It seems the last few years this hasn't been as automatic. You may have to call in April and see if they will provide you with one. They usually won't do anything until your status drops. If you drop all the way to silver they might offer you a diamond fast track or they might only offer you a gold fast track. Since the last time this would have happened is in March/April, again your most recent experiences can be found in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newre...ply&p=21407699

See also this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...t-landing.html
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
My guess is that the rocket scientists at HH are currently starting to work on "letters of appeasement" that will go out to ex-Diamonds that seem to have disappeared into the stratosphere since the MEGA-UBER-SUPER-devaluation.

If I get one offering a Diamond challenge for 12 nights--I'll probably go for it. Otherwise I'll simply get an HH Surpass visa credit card to maintain Gold staus indefinitely. My goal: To maintain the highest possible status while I burn off one million or so HH points over the next few years...

And then I am essentially done with HH--unless my new favorites (MR, HY and CC) mimic HH's program destruction strategy.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by travelexpert
My goal: To maintain the highest possible status while I burn off one million or so HH points over the next few years...
Next few years? You either find great deals or you're burning your points at the Middleofnowhere, KS Hampton Inn.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
I received a Gold challenge from Marriott earlier this year and went for it. I easily beat the challenge requirement and Marriott has received almost all of my business since.
I have been a HH Diamond for many years but it seems no one at Hilton has missed me or many others here on FT that have left Hilton for greener pastures.
With the devaluation and lack of concern from Hilton corp, it would take a lot to win my loyalty back.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.