Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zagreb {HRV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Zagreb {HRV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I stayed last year. It's a great hotel. In fact I consider this the best DT I've stayed at. Staff were friendly, hotel/rooms were great. The restaurant had good food, only issue was the staff didnt pay much attention to you during breakfast buffet.
Udoo likes this.
Old May 9, 2021, 2:28 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood/Marriott Gold, AA, DL
Any Hotel Updates?

Possibly planning on staying here in July/August. Just want to know if anyone has been lately?
Old May 9, 2021, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by awinner
Possibly planning on staying here in July/August. Just want to know if anyone has been lately?
I have stayed there in January. Back then it was lockdown in Croatia, but hotels were open. Restaurant and spa were working for guests only, gym was closed. Breakfast was buffet but the staff was doing service, table service for lunch/dinner a la carte. Staff and guests had mandatory masking except when eating/drinking. At the moment gym should be opened again. Now outdoor seating is an option so I assume that non-guests are also allowed in the restaurant.

Last edited by aleant; May 9, 2021 at 11:31 pm
Old May 9, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unless the pool is really a deal breaker for you, the Canopy wins hands down. Really nice restaurant and terrace, the rooms are quirky but not in an annoying sort of way. I’d imagine when the Years of the Mentalists pass that the amenities as part of the Canopy brand are restored.

The DT is the oldest hotel and all three are owned by the same company, I didn’t like the configuration of the suites that much with the TV wall mounted and flat, it was awkward to watch it. The bath was fine, but then the baths were nicer in the Canopy IMO.

The DT is far out of town; you can walk to the centre from the Canopy.
Old May 9, 2021, 1:58 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by awinner
I’d also recommend the Canopy. I was actually staying at the Canopy in March of last year when the hotel shut down in the middle of my stay and I was moved to the Doubletree. There isn’t too much in the vicinity of the DT so we ended up taking Ubers everywhere, whereas the Canopy is in a great location downtown. The breakfast was good at both properties, but was better at the Canopy as well. And the latter has a great bar in the lobby.
hugolover likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do the Croatia Airlines buses stop near the Canopy as well? How is the Canopy's treatment of Diamond members? Sounds like it might be superior to Westin or Sheraton. I would love to find a hotel with a club lounge though, but it sounds like Zagreb doesn't have any.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do the Croatia Airlines buses stop near the Canopy as well? How is the Canopy's treatment of Diamond members? Sounds like it might be superior to Westin or Sheraton. I would love to find a hotel with a club lounge though, but it sounds like Zagreb doesn't have any.
There are no club lounges in Zagreb.
I had actually a bad stay at the Doubletree. Many things went worse and as an excuse I got an offer with ridiculous1000 points.
To be fair: The rooms have a nice size and the breakfast is great.
From the central bus station it should be equally far to both hotels.
The Canopy however has the better location nearer to the City and the Old Town. I will choose this one in the future.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 12:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Stayed at the Canopy a few years ago, just after it had opened.
Decent location with a tram stop right outside, although it’s right outside, it didn’t interrupt sleep.

Rooms are a bit “Funky” like a Hotel Indigo.
Ours had wooden floor with a rug, bathroom was just a shower, but plenty of space around sink.

No lounge, but they did offer some kind of invite event in the restaurant with plates of nibbles in the evening.
Bar at the front was very casual and relaxed.

Used the trams extensively using day passes, think we just got a taxi from Airport organised by the Hotel.

Lobby Area

Will try and add some photos.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Stayed here for one night last week. As a diamond member, we got upgraded to a deluxe room. We loved the views from the pool on the 9th floor (entrance on the 10th floor). Breakfast was very good with lots of choices and they also had Prosecco DOC. The welcome amenity was a small bottle of red wine, fruits and macaroons. It´s not located in the city centre as many have said but taking a taxi is quick and cheap. Rate was also cheaper than the Canopy where we stayed the following day.

Deluxe room on the 8th floor

Welcome amenity

Pool with nice views

Prosecco DOC

Breakfast restaurant

Breakfast buffet

Breakfast buffet
Old Apr 24, 2023, 11:58 am

Was looking to book this location for the end of our Croatia trip (2 adults and 2 kids), but now seeing that I should look into the Canopy instead? We are booking two rooms for two nights and wondering which hotel is more family friendly? My kids are 11 and 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.