Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2002, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

How is the property on Lake Buena Vista? I stayed at the Hilton on the same street and was disappointed so I thought I would try this one.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 10:28 am

I have not stayed there, but it looked OK from the outside. We stayed at the ES Lake Buena Vista in Dec and loved it. Good hotel and great service. Only a few blocks from either the Hilton or Doubletree.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 8:04 pm

Stayed there for 5 days last June. As a gold, I was presented with breakfast vouchers for the entire stay at checkin without having to ask for them. The property is in good shape, decor is a little dated. Lots of bright greens/blues/oranges. Overall nice property, VERY large rooms, separate bedroom, large kitchen/dining area and large living room area.
Old Feb 25, 2002, 9:16 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
I stayed here after trying both the nearby Embassy Suites and the Hilton. As a Gold I asked for breakfast and was denied.

I had some time on my hands so I called HHonors and *they* asked the management for breakfast for me. Nope. Finally got a tired fruit basket, which I left for another guest.

My main memory of the DT was the noisy air con. I'd say there are better choices.
Rich
Old Feb 26, 2002, 5:12 am

Average, at best. Generally, my first choice is the HGVC and then the ES.
Old Mar 16, 2002, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Doubletree Suites Orlando - Highly recommend

I never have posted positive feedback, usually people post to complain. I have done that frequently, especially about the Seattle Hilton. I was so impressed by the service at the Orlando I thought I would take the time to share.

First off, the property is more family oriented than business oriented. The decor is bright and "fun". Rooms are clean and HUGE. I had a suite and it was almost 700sq ft with refrigerator, kitchen sink, dining table sofa. No high speed internet access but which hotel does?! I got about 43.3 speed on the dialup. Room cost me $120. bucks a night. What a value.

I checked in and usually I do not feel like talking to people or being chatty. The front desk girl's name was Michelle and she is from Cameroon, Africa. She was so friendly and put me on the top floor. I dont think a lot of properties reeally upgrade you, I think they just put you in better locations. She alsways refered to me as "Mr. XXXX" and she tried very hard to engage in pleasant conversation. She was so nice, I gave in and actually enjoyed talking to her.

I shortened my stay from 4 days to 2 and was given 4 coupons anyway for the FULL American breakfast. Not the continental. I never used them however I don't know why all of you make such a big deal about getting a free CONTINENTAL breakfast all the time on this board. A Continental breakfast is really nothing to get excited over, but thats another issue.

You get turn down service every night and bottle of weater every night deliverd to you.

From that point forward, whenever I would walk through the door, someone would always greet me by my name "Mr. XXXX" I can only compare it to the Ritz Carlton! It was weird but very nice.

If I was waiting for someone in the lobby and they saw that I was standing around too long, someone would come up to me and try and anticipate my need and help. "Do you need directions?" "Do you need transportation" "Is there anything you need?"

My phone went out when I checked in, somebody came up to fix it and I got a call later on by guest services to maks sure I was satisfied.

People are all friendly and smiling. Even the house keepers make an effort to say Hi when you pass them in the hall.

I stay at a lot of Hiltons and this one should give lessons to the other ones. In fact just down the street is the Orlando Hilton and I do not feel the service is good there at all.

I know good service is possible at all the HIlton properties, i just can't figure out why every expereince at every Hilton isnt more like this!

Old Mar 16, 2002, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"I shortened my stay from 4 days to 2 and was given 4 coupons anyway for the FULL American breakfast. Not the continental. I never used them however I don't know why all of you make such a big deal about getting a free CONTINENTAL breakfast all the time on this board. A Continental breakfast is really nothing to get excited over, but thats another issue."

It depends on whether you are somewhere that does a real continental breakfast or whether it's the US dire idea of what a continental breakfast is. When staying at many hotels in the UK or Europe, I rarely have the full english breakfast since the continental is so good.

The US hiltons should send some reps to the continent to see what a continental breakfast really is. It's not an American muffin and coffee

Dave
Old Mar 16, 2002, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Excuse my ignorance...there are 4 DT Suites in Orlando. Which property are we talking about here?

My wife and two kids are looking to visit DisneyWorld in November on reward stay. I'd be interested in knowing if the property you refer to has two-room suites (i.e with separate door).
Old Mar 16, 2002, 10:57 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milesmilesmiles:
Excuse my ignorance...there are 4 DT Suites in Orlando. Which property are we talking about here?

My wife and two kids are looking to visit DisneyWorld in November on reward stay. I'd be interested in knowing if the property you refer to has two-room suites (i.e with separate door).
</font>
Its the one that is shapped like a pyramid and the address is

2305 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-2811
Phone: 1-407-934-1000

There is a dorr but I cant remember if there is actualy a door that shuts closed as I travel by myself and didnt pay attention. It may be an "open" passageway. You could call them. I know the sofa folds out into a queen sized bed.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 7:15 pm

How far away is it from Disney?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:36 am

Doubletree Suites Orlando - Gold benefits?

Travelling in december (two adults, two kids), wondering what sorts of benefits to expect. Room upgrade? Breakfast?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Stayed here a few times (diamond) and wife has as well (gold) without me.

GREAT location for disney.

I wouldn't expect an upgrade at all and would book the room you want. Especially in December when there are going to be a lot of vacation travellers and the hotel will probably be pretty full and there will be diamonds to compete with as well IF they upgrade golds.

I have been upgraded before to a conference room pool view suite. My wife has never been upgraded, and I am not sure if that is because suite upgrades aren't part of the gold benefits or because the property didn't have any upgrades available. Even if you don't get upgraded, the standard suites with beds are big and will sleep all four of you comfortably.

For gold, last time my wife stayed there it was two cont. breakfast buffets per day for golds and you could upgrade to the full buffet for $5.99 a person (well worth it IMO) and you will have to pay for your kids breakfasts. For diamonds it is 2 full buffets a day. For both golds and diamonds they are very strict on enforcing it two people per day for the free breakfast.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta - PM, Hilton - Diamond, PriorityClub - Platinum
I agree with the above post. An upgrade is not likely, so if that is important to you I would suggest booking the room you desire. As a Diamond we received two free full adult breakfast coupons per day. Kids were at a discounted rate and worth it if your child eats a big brekafast.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:26 am

Any view on this property vs the Embassy Suites nearby?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by DavidK
Any view on this property vs the Embassy Suites nearby?
You can find a few comparisons in these threads:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ndo+DT+embassy
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...suites+orlando

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.