Search

Conrad Dubai {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Travellingberry
Please that it worked for you. Unfortunately it's not working for me this time for another stay in December I have again booked through BAH (tried on line chat and email but they are unable to locate this time). Unsure whether to try and contact BAH and confirm or take a gamble and hope everything is ok when we arrive.

Hi

Did you give hh chat the hotel confirmation reference provided by BA holidays? If you print off the voucher copy the reference should be towards the bottom?
that and my arrival date enabled the hh agent to find it

Regards

Tbs
Old Nov 22, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hi, I did but unfortunately after a few failed attempts still no joy.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:57 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I stayed at the Conrad for four nights as a Gold with an Impresario rate and was very pleased. We got upgraded to an Executive room on one of the highest floor with a nice view, as requested. Room was spacious and in a good condition. Welcome amenity provided upon and arrival and later during the stay another plate of sweets.

Breakfast in the restaurant had a nice selection with good quality. Despite what previous posters commented, I was actually very pleased with the Executive Lounge food. Both the selection and quality were excellent, considering it's not a very exclusive lounge concept as in some other hotels. During afternoon tea, selection are some dessert glasses, canapés, cookies and nuts. In addition, during happy hour, there is a range of appetizers, salads, cheeseboard/charcuterie and varying fried items and a hot meat dish. Service in the lounge was very friendly, though the reception there does not seem to be manned constantly so check-out had to be done at the reception. For what it's worth, food outlets in Dubai are back to self-service buffets.

I was also quite surprised with the prices of the hotel's restaurants. Both the Italian restaurant and the pool bar had very reasonable prices for a five-star hotel. Coupled with the 25% discount for Gold/Diamond members, this easily beat going outside for a quick bite (also since the options are limited to fast food chains close by the hotel). Quality was perfectly fine, though the service at the pool bar was very slow.

Apart from the reception and lounge, I had few interactions with staff so cannot comment much on the service. Though I did notice that the lounge receptionist was far more accommodating with my late check-out request than the reception.

Pool area is very nicely done for a city hotel, though depending on the leisure occupancy it is a bit small.

Only downside to the hotel is that they charge for the Conrad collectible stuffed animal and that sunbed reservation is unfortunately a common practice.
We just completed a 2 night stay here and had a similar experience to KL, booked lowest level King size room and was upgraded to Executive King on the 45th floor. One thing is the staff do not all know what the food is in the lounge, with labels listing the food being switched between similar items, not a good thing if you are allergic to seafood. Otherwise very good breakfast in restaurant (they also have pork sausages and bacon), and enjoyable afternoon tea and evening reception. This is only the second hotel where I have gone to an afternoon tea, the other being the Hilton Kuching a few years ago.

We purchased the Conrad Camel, 80 AED.

Next stop - Conrad Bangkok, 1 day ASQ Test and Go, plus 5 additional nights.

Last edited by tobegold; Nov 23, 2021 at 6:08 am
Old Nov 26, 2021, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Did you give hh chat the hotel confirmation reference provided by BA holidays? If you print off the voucher copy the reference should be towards the bottom?
that and my arrival date enabled the hh agent to find it

Regards

Tbs
Hi, I did but they were not able to find the reservation. I did have a pleasant surprise though as I emailed BAH and received a phone call yesterday advising they had confirmed the booking and gave me the confirmation number. Did the on line chat with Hilton and all sorted, my upgrade options though were for the Royale Suite at an extra £700ish a night which unfortunately will have to give a miss
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Am here now after a hour delay on the ba flight.
42aed taxi from the airport

Room on the 42nd floor large well maintained and well appointed . Welcome letter and small box of 4 stuffed dates

Bathroom does not have a door between the bathroom sink and wc and bidet

Staff looked like they were putting up the frame for a lobby Christmas tree.

Will post more tomorrow as it is 0220 local and time for bed.

Regards

Tbs
Abidjan, residentx and Schwann like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 28, 2021 at 3:37 pm
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Day 1 experience

Hi

the Christmas tree in the lobby and garlands are up went up between 2am and 9am
breakfast in the restaurant was very good with huge choices including juices in bottles.

Breakfast selection in el was good and had a few hot items.

Missed afternoon tea in the el from 1300 to 1500 as I was at the expo but had a coffee and soft drinks.

Pool was quite quite but in the shade. Water was warm but feels a bit cool when stepping out dye to the breeze.

Now at happy hour.
El packed with all tables taken ( lack of single tables so there are a number of pairs seating in the seats set for 4

An el staff member pulled out a small table and borrowed a chair after about 5 mins looking fir a table.
No sparkling wine so tried a white wine. I am not normally a white wine person as I prefer red but the wine was very goof. Pours were generous and the staff were proactive in offering top ups. I stopped after 2 glasses as will be working out later.
will try the red tomorrow.
lounge a lot quieter after 715pm so will try a later time tomorrow. Food constantly replenished.

Cold ops ie ham corn turkey wraps are very good and amongst the best I have experienced.

Hot options are reasonable inc chicken bryiani with saffron rice but saving room to try the 5 desserts served in individual pots.

Soft drinks are self service with alcohol provided by the staff. Staff always willing to fill a glass with ice for the soft drinks.

Room windows are a little dirty at close range but can see out without too much problem.

from my room I can see the old queen Elizabeth 2 docked with other cruise ships docked

Regards
tbs

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 29, 2021 at 9:25 am
Old Nov 29, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Was the breakfast restaurant a zoo with way way way too many people?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwann
Was the breakfast restaurant a zoo with way way way too many people?

hi

At 0800 It was very civilised maybe 25% full with loads of room and good service on coffee refilled and milk for cereal and clearing the used dishes away.. some people sitting outside
Went up to check the el a few people there and grabbed a watermelon juice
This was today Monday.. Fridays and the weekend might be a different story.

Will provide daily updates during the week with the last one on Friday.

I can some music noise from downstairs I think but the ac drowns it out
regards
Tbs
tinyburst, Abidjan and Schwann like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
hi

At 0800 It was very civilised maybe 25% full with loads of room and good service on coffee refilled and milk for cereal and clearing the used dishes away.. some people sitting outside
Went up to check the el a few people there and grabbed a watermelon juice
This was today Monday.. Fridays and the weekend might be a different story.

Will provide daily updates during the week with the last one on Friday.

I can some music noise from downstairs I think but the ac drowns it out
regards
Tbs
0800 sounds well before the hoards... I was a later riser, so suppose I have myself to blame!

The music thing affected me too... it's like a dull thudding right? Think we discussed it in the thread earlier this year.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwann
0800 sounds well before the hoards... I was a later riser, so suppose I have myself to blame!

The music thing affected me too... it's like a dull thudding right? Think we discussed it in the thread earlier this year.

hi

Yes that's right.a dull thud. .I think it stopped around midnight though.

regards

Tbs
breakfast today maybe slightly busier at 33%

dubai frame and zabel park ( small replica of osaka Castle are excellent.

Burj khalifa and dubai mall and the lake are beautiful but a long way even on the travelators from the metro saw the fountains being tested.

Now having afternoon tea _ I probably would not make a special trip back
it has small turkey wraps some small canapes on bread coffe mouse in small chocolate cups a marmalade and sponge cubes In a cup and fresh cookies in a bag.

Coffee and soft drinks available.
so busy typing that I forgot the time and the staff removed the snacks at 3pm prompt. Managed to grab a cookie
Am reasonably full will hit the pool then down to the burj kahlifa for sunset and the 6pm fountain show maybe if it is not too busy as they have social distancing markers and back to the lounge for evening snacks before finishing at 8pm

Gym says 24hrs but currently closes at 10pm. Staff says they are currently opening it up social distancing I effect so not all treadmills are available.

lounge a lot quieter at 1940

Some minor changes to the cold items and 2 same chicken biryani and rice as last nice.

Desserts changed slightly but still good variety.
Red wine a pilot noir is quite nice but preferred the white chardonnay from last night.

Offerings clearesd promptly at 2000 and by 2005 there is nothing left.

Christmas tree in lobby now illuminated
There was a lighting ceremony at 1800.

Fountains at the dubai mall and burj khalifa are beautiful ( very bellagioish) but to Arabic music
burj khalifa also sparking on the lakeside like a flashing Christmas tree lights

Seats in the lounge are very comfy esp after 2 glasses of wine s they gave me one for the Road as I i had come in just before 8pm. Could almost fall asleep but better have a light work out

Turndown service provided tonight
Bed duvet corner turned down
slippers by side of bed
Water by side of bed
coffee capsules refilled and coffe cup relaced
Trash csn emptied
Used bath towel removed
Curtains drawn
No bedside chocolates
4x500ml water bottles provided daily
4 sanitising wipes provided daiky and sanitising stations around the hotel including elevators

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Nov 30, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Old Dec 3, 2021, 12:39 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Don’t think it has been mentioned here yet, but there is a new restaurant called Raihn.

Its a steakhouse modelled after Nusr-et, but it’s better. This is going to sound potentially unbelievable but I think it’s the best restaurant out of over 100 I’ve been to in Dubai.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

just finishing my stay here and relaxing by the pool. Pool starts getting sun at 1000 and by 1600 only part of the grassy sun deck gets the lounge.

Going to work out then have evening snacks at 1930 then pack and leaave for the airport at 2300 for an 0215 flight.

Staff at the el were excellent and yesterday just missed afternoon tea as I came back from expo but they managed to get a few snacks on a plate..
last night just missed evening snacks as the queues for the metro back from the burj khalifa was long ie took 1hr from dubai mall back to the conrad but they nanaged to find a cookie.

Saw some fireworks in the distance in the national colours at 9am asctou looked sideways from the lounge windows.
trIed the udon noodles from kimpo and it was very good if a little spicy as expected.

Queues for breakfast were outside the restaurant this morning at 10am but quieter at 8am with no queues but was the busiest day of the week.

Lounge was packed at 730pm but a lounge attendant cleaned atable as soon as it was vacated jso only had to wait a couple of minutes
Just seen some beautiful fireworks by the shore directly in line of sight of the el
regards

Tbs
Kentish Steve likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Dec 3, 2021 at 9:51 am
Old Dec 3, 2021, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Forgot something

Hi

Now in the ba lounge and just remembered I had completely forgotten about asking for the camels

Would chase bought 3 as stocking filers. Fiddlesticks

Anyway got plenty of expo 2020 souvenirs and presents

Regards

Tbs
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hi

Now in the ba lounge and just remembered I had completely forgotten about asking for the camels
Thanks for the updates! We're staying here for 4 nights in Feb. What camels are you talking about?

Also, why didn't you just take a taxi back from the Burj Khalifa instead of the metro? We're a family of 4 going for the first time in Feb and people are saying it's cheaper to just take a taxi considering we're 4 people vs taking the metro. I'm not sure if people are allowed in the front of taxi's so we might have to squeeze 4 of us in the back.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Smile

Stuffed animals.

Originally Posted by haner
What camels are you talking about?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.