Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Dubai {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Wasn't really a fan, no upgrade so to speak of, lounge access. Pool was closed for a private function. This was my first stay at a Conrad and not sure if I would ever go back.

Rooms of course are modern, staff seemed a little lost , this will change as time goes on.

Diamond member here
Old Dec 29, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
How is the pool and gym? Is this an ok place for a leisure weekend or just for business? Thanks

Last edited by kyushuman; Dec 29, 2013 at 10:37 am
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
At the Conrad Dubai now. It's a nice hotel. However, I'm upset that there's no Pay-Per-View, because I want to watch Machete Kills.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, USAir Chairman, Marriott Gold
Conrad Dubai

Anyone have any experiences with the Conrad Dubai? Heading there in the near future. Selected it over the Waldorf Astoria Dubai. Never stayed in a Conrad. Is there an executive lounge?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
This text is copy/paste from the Conrad/Hilton website. So I guess there is an Executive Lounge ....

1 KING EXECUTIVE WITH LOUNGE ACCESS
Executive Lounge access, 42-inch LCD TV, WiFi, Nespresso® coffee machine, bath and shower
Stay in this modern king guest room and you can enjoy a full complimentary breakfast each morning and refreshments served throughout the day in the 24th floor Executive Lounge.
Features of the room include a king-sized bed, a 42-inch LCD TV, and a Nespresso® coffee machine. WiFi access is available in the room for a fee, or you can enjoy complimentary WiFi access in the Executive Lounge.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Gold
Had a very quick 1-night stay there recently. Didn't have time to see much of what the hotel has to offer but the room was excellent and the Executive Lounge is enormous and quite nice. Location wasn't great for me but being literally right next to a metro stop was a bonus.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
The Conrad Dubai is a great hotel, nice lounge and new rooms.
When I visited the hotel there were more staff then guests, super service.
Pool is nice and Metro is at Lobby Entrance.^

You can see my review pictures and video here:

http://blog.hiltonhotelfans.eu/conrad-dubai/
Old May 4, 2014, 7:00 am

Conrad Dubai

a very nice hotel, you can check my mini review on tripadvisor
I stayed 2 weeks there ,very near to train station and pretty good service

Last edited by karthi525; May 4, 2014 at 9:00 am
Old May 4, 2014, 11:42 am

We spent a few days at this property for New Year. Although crowded for the period, the service was excellent. We were in an executive suite, very spacious and with a stunning view.
As Diamonds we received free breakfast, newspaper and other facilities we could not use due to the short stay.
Lounge is beautiful, very spacious with helpful staff. They serve the great TWG Tea.
We didn't try the pool but the location was great, with tropical vegetation, even if located at the 4th floor. It has no beach, unlike Waldorf on the Palm or Hilton Jumeira. So it depends what you are looking for.
The main restaurant is italian, with a huge choice for breakfast, and chef cooking in front of you. Good also for dinner.
It is just 10min ride from the airport so very convenient also for a short stay. It is perfect if you want to visit the city because the metro in just in front of the hotel.
We've been in Dubai several times now, in different periods, and we will surely return.
Old May 4, 2014, 12:28 pm
cjd

Stayed last week for 3 nights. Booked a corner room as diamond and got the room we booked. We were given access to the executive lounge on 24th floor and we were taken up there on arrival to check in. Corner room on 33rd floor was very big and had all modern features including electrically operated day and night curtains. Complimentary wifi worked no problem. Large bathroom with separate bath, double wash basins and good size walk-in shower. Given choice of either breakfast in lounge or Ballaros restaurant on the 4th floor. Tried both, Exec lounge was good and a lot quieter than restaurant, but obviously much greater choice in restaurant. Good size Exec lounge serves afternoon tea and Happy Hour is from 6 to 8pm with wines, prosecco sparkling wine, beers and spirits available as well as several hot food items. Pool and surrounding area are on the 4th floor and enjoyed a swim on 2 days. The pool area and sunbeds were very busy on their weekend, Friday and Saturday but a lot quieter on Sunday. Had a nice meal in the Marco Pierre White Grill restaurant one night. Overall an enjoyable stay and would definitely go back as all the staff we came across were excellent, so friendly and helpful.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:22 am

One of the best hotel experiences I have had.

Just came back from staying at the Conrad Dubai for 7 nights. I am a diamond member since 2006 and have experiences with many Four Seasons, Ritz-Carltons and Waldorfs hotel. The facilities and rooms at the Conrad Dubai were on par with any of those hotels. Where it separated itself was the service and attention to the needs of the client. Also, the executive lounge was one of the best, if not the best I have attended. I kept thinking I wanted to highlight some of the people we came across but in truth everyone from check-in (in the executive lounge) to daily room service to executive lounge personnel to spa personnel to restaurant personnel were all excellent. Restaurants Michael Pierre White, Izel and Ballaro were worthy of a visit. Did not get to the other restaurants.
Old May 8, 2014, 6:37 am

I had a sadly negative experience at this property just after Christmas last year.

My main issues :

a) Security guard tried to make me use the service entrance rather than permitting me to enter via the lobby.
b) Doorman who simply stood and watched me unload suitcases from the car rather than assisting.
c) Porters who misplaced my luggage in the lobby - eventually found that the doorman had "accidently" taken it back outside and left it standing in the driveway where it was struck and run over by a taxi - fortunately no significant damage.
d) One indifferent and moody staff member in the Executive Lounge (others there were exceptionally friendly though and the lounge itself is very well appointed).
e) Having to constantly share the elevators with carts of luggage - I'd rather not be squeezed into a corner of the elevator when staying in a 5* hotel - they should have proper service elevators for luggage.
f) Bedroom windows caked with dirt spoiling the otherwise great views.
g) Front desk staff who refused to give me the GM's contact details when requested, saying that I should not "bother" him by contacting directly - rather to pass my complaints to them to forward.

To his credit, the new GM (Andreas Jersabeck) found out about my dissatisfaction through another source (possibly one of the other front desk staff) and proactively emailed me a few days after I had checked out to apologise for the issues I had encountered. He said that he had personally reviewed the CCTV footage of my arrival experience and would ensure that the staff were appropriately retrained to ensure something like that never happened again.

So a poor experience, but the GM's proactive and constructive approach to fixing it will probably have me giving them another chance.

The property itself is very well appointed. Ballaro restaurant was quite exceptional as well.
Old May 8, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: UA WN Delta Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
I had a sadly negative experience at this property just after Christmas last year.

My main issues :

a) Security guard tried to make me use the service entrance rather than permitting me to enter via the lobby.
b) Doorman who simply stood and watched me unload suitcases from the car rather than assisting.
c) Porters who misplaced my luggage in the lobby - eventually found that the doorman had "accidently" taken it back outside and left it standing in the driveway where it was struck and run over by a taxi - fortunately no significant damage.
d) One indifferent and moody staff member in the Executive Lounge (others there were exceptionally friendly though and the lounge itself is very well appointed).
e) Having to constantly share the elevators with carts of luggage - I'd rather not be squeezed into a corner of the elevator when staying in a 5* hotel - they should have proper service elevators for luggage.
g) Front desk staff who refused to give me the GM's contact details when requested, saying that I should not "bother" him by contacting directly - rather to pass my complaints to them to forward.

To his credit, the new GM (Andreas Jersabeck) found out about my dissatisfaction through another source (possibly one of the other front desk staff) and proactively emailed me a few days after I had checked out to apologise for the issues I had encountered. He said that he had personally reviewed the CCTV footage of my arrival experience and would ensure that the staff were appropriately retrained to ensure something like that never happened again.

So a poor experience, but the GM's proactive and constructive approach to fixing it will probably have me giving them another chance.

The property itself is very well appointed. Ballaro restaurant was quite exceptional as well.
Thanks for the feedback. I had a similar experience but the GM never reached out to me.
Old May 8, 2014, 9:57 am

That is unfortunate. It seems they improved greatly from the time they opened 7 months ago (4Q2013). As for the windows, every building in Dubai has that problem given the desert climate.

Originally Posted by B747-437B

My main issues :

Old May 8, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum & Hilton Diamond
Conrad Dubai is one of the best Hilton chain hotels. My opinion is based on four stays from dec'13 to check-out today. Executive lounge stuff is absolutely amazing, but evening snacks are sometimes quite limited :/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.