Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Any Weekend, Anywhere Sale

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Any Weekend, Anywhere Sale

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:47 am
Suspended

Thanks guys for all the inputs!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
Unfortunately, this is a niche promotion geared towards people spending their own money to stay at Hilton properties.

15% off a $150.00 per night room is $22.50. ($50.00 for 2 nights) If your plans are firm, this is a great way to earn double stay credits on a non-refundable rate without having to switch hotels. Yes, it’s worth losing the extra points because you can take that $50.00 that you saved and purchase 4,000 points on the HHonors site, which is probably more than you would earn on a stay at this rate.

Business travelers, in most case, can’t do this. Therefore it isn’t nearly as attractive. I’d much rather pay a little extra on my company’s dime, earn points for both nights, earn the same amount of stays and have the ability to cancel my reservation if something came up.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Price discrimination at its finest.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:11 pm

It is basically 'pay in advance' and you get to save some money.
Not sure how that's price discrimination. if you have plans that will not change and wish to take the chance your plans won't change, you can book it and save money.

Otherwise, wait till later or book the BAR or your corporate rate (if applicable) and you get the benefits of getting to cancel if needed.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
It is absolutely price discrimination, of the third degree. It offers the same service at a different price to different segments of the market, and in this case is offering a favourable price to customers who do not require flexibility and want to stay on weekends.

Note that price discrimination has a particular economic definition. Please google it if you are not familiar.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by stifle
It is absolutely price discrimination, of the third degree. It offers the same service at a different price to different segments of the market, and in this case is offering a favourable price to customers who do not require flexibility and want to stay on weekends.

Note that price discrimination has a particular economic definition. Please google it if you are not familiar.
If you have a look at some hotels, they are offering the rate everyday. I have booked across europe and the rates are offered anyday.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 2:56 pm
cjd

This offer was supposed to finish 31 January 2013. Just found that it's still available in Asia. Available at hotels in Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand. My mistake, just noticed that for Asia hotels, the offer is due to finish 14 Feb 2013, even though the Hhonors website states that the offer has finished.

Last edited by cjd; Feb 10, 2013 at 3:02 pm
Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by cjd
This offer was supposed to finish 31 January 2013. Just found that it's still available in Asia. Available at hotels in Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand. My mistake, just noticed that for Asia hotels, the offer is due to finish 14 Feb 2013, even though the Hhonors website states that the offer has finished.
That's right, it's stated in the fine print of the offer page. Here's the link if you're doing any bookings in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.