Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton at St George's Park, Burton Upon Trent {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton at St George's Park, Burton Upon Trent {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
It appears that this is another Hilton that has permanently removed the executive lounge under the cloak of covid.
It has now disappeared from the amenities list and no longer a mention of it in the “ temporary closed “ note.
If I’m correct this would be such a shame.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:01 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by wizla
It appears that this is another Hilton that has permanently removed the executive lounge under the cloak of covid.
It has now disappeared from the amenities list and no longer a mention of it in the “ temporary closed “ note.
Yeah, lack of lounge means I won't be staying there. Joins the list with Southampton, where I have stayed a few times.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
Yeah, lack of lounge means I won't be staying there. Joins the list with Southampton, where I have stayed a few times.
Yep, same here unless I need to be in the area, like yourself along with Southampton and for me Olympia, Kensington too.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:20 pm
cjd

Was just there a week ago and as you state, the Exec Lounge is still closed. Given a nice upgrade to a suite. Was again given £30 credit towards food and drinks for our one night stay. Did ask about Exec Lounge and front desk agent seemed to think it would open again but that they currently were short of staff due to Covid absences. Not sure but will have to wait and see! Can't imagine that they'll give those credits for evermore. Shame as it was a nice lounge and one of our favourite hotels.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Was just there a week ago and as you state, the Exec Lounge is still closed. Given a nice upgrade to a suite. Was again given £30 credit towards food and drinks for our one night stay. Did ask about Exec Lounge and front desk agent seemed to think it would open again but that they currently were short of staff due to Covid absences. Not sure but will have to wait and see! Can't imagine that they'll give those credits for evermore. Shame as it was a nice lounge and one of our favourite hotels.
Oh I would happily be wrong, to be fair £30 is quite generous compensation, I guess I’m a bit miffed as the lounge completed a great stay here.
For me the hotel was the perfect retreat, arrive around 3pm,Gym then lay around in the spa for a couple of hours , get to the lounge for 6pm for some cheese and wine before a meal in the restaurant/bar…..perfect!.
There’s some nice walks around the grounds too , I always felt relaxed and slept so well.
Let’s hope the FD are correct and it does return one day soon and thanks for the info.
cjd likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Is this the England National Football team hotel?
Old Jan 13, 2022, 2:24 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Is this the England National Football team hotel?
Yes, they do their training at St Georges Park and stay in the Hilton whilst training. The hotel is surrounded by football pitches and adjacent to the hotel is the indoor training centre. As well as the mens England team, under 21's and the England ladies team train here. The hotel closes when the mens England team train here, usually prior to their games with quite strict security at the entrance to the site as well as around the hotel. They also run many training courses for youth teams as well as some from abroad.
wizla likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:51 am

UPDATE - Can confirm that the executive lounge will reopen from this Monday.

Was thinking about a little spa retreat for next weekend and noticed executive lounge missing from amenities list so phoned and checked if it’s permanently closed, they told me it’s open from Monday onwards…..great news!
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: Iberia
Is the pool/spa free for Diamonds please?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by SherlockMiles
It certainly was pre covid, in fact it was free for all hotel guests…… I’m pretty sure the spa here is part of the Hilton establishment and not run by a third party…… it’s a great spa, one of my favourites.
SherlockMiles likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:47 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by SherlockMiles
Hope this helps. This is the details about the spa and pool which the hotel emails when making reservations as a Diamond member:

The Health Club is complimentary for you to use during your stay, subject to availability and booking is required. Extra charges apply for treatments, details of all treatments can be found on our website www.healthclubandspasgp.com or call the spa direct on 01283576675.

The Health Club and Spa is located on the ground floor and open at the following times:

Adults times are:

Monday – Friday: 06:00 – 21:00

Saturday & Sunday: 06:00 – 20:00

Little ones times (0 – 16 years) are:

Monday – Friday: 09:00 – 12:00 / 14:00 – 19:00

Saturday & Sunday: 09:00 – 18:00

All children under 16 years must be supervised in the pool at all times by an adult over the age of 18 in the water. 1 adult can supervisor a maximum of two children in the water.

The gym is available to anyone over the age of 16 years and does not require a booking.

Our Health Club and Spa operates a booking system to ensure the safety of all our guests during the use of the facilities. The Booking System offers a 1 hour slot per family per day, which includes a 45 minute swim. Slots are available to book via the Health Club reception from 08:00AM which is for the current day only, by calling 4360 from your guestroom or the club directly on 01283576675. You are able to book a time slot for Adult only use from 06:00 – 08:00 from 06:00.

*Whilst we understand that Gym and/or Pool access may be one of your main reasons for booking to stay with us, please be advised that the hotel does not have the authority to overrule the health and safety rules in place. In the unfortunate event that these facilities have reached maximum capacity, our Main Reception team will be happy to assist you with finding alternative activities in the local area.
SherlockMiles likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:03 am
cjd

Following a stay at Manchester Deansgate Hilton, we had a 2 night stay here at St Georges. Hotel was very busy due to School Easter holidays and proximity to Alton Towers. Booked King Deluxe room and no upgrade available as all suites taken. Room was slightly larger than standard rooms due to being on the "bend" in the corridor. Due to visiting friends and family in the area, we only managed to get back each evening for the last 20 minutes of the Exec Lounge opening, which is from 6 to 8pm. Lounge offerings are self serve and included wines and beers, but no sparkling or spirits, so not as good as Deansgate. Each evening there were 2 hot choices and plenty of cold meats, veg and breads, which was better than Deansgate. Complimentary breakfast in the restaurant, which again was very busy and had to queue for toast and tea/coffee machines. Didn't have time to use the pool on this visit as it has to be pre-booked. Still like the hotel and will no doubt be back.
wizla likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:34 am

Arrived at 2pm …booked king guest room early this morning and upgraded at lunchtime to a king deluxe, room not ready on arrival so went for a walk around the grounds and room became available at 2-40pm via digital key.

We came here to relax and to be honest so far it’s been a little stressful.
They have a system in place where you have to book the spa in slots of one hour and this can’t be done until you have physically checked in …… then I find out all slots are full until 6am tomorrow.
Luckily because I was polite ( I’m guessing) and only want a sauna he had a word with the manager and said I can come back with my lady at 4pm and they will squeeze us in but obviously it will be busy.
I understand that rules are rules but this means we can’t relax and read a book poolside between visits to the sauna and pool without clock watching …I much prefer the old system.

Got all the way to room and digital key failed so did physical key….back I go, then I noticed no robes….back to my car I go to fetch my own ( yes I could phone down but we all know it will arrive next week ) .
Kinda feel somewhat unrelaxed and that wasn’t the objective….. luckily a cup of tea solves everything…..oh hang on no tea bags!…..oh and no diamond water too?.
Will report back!
Old Apr 8, 2023, 10:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Arrived at 2pm …booked king guest room early this morning and upgraded at lunchtime to a king deluxe, room not ready on arrival so went for a walk around the grounds and room became available at 2-40pm via digital key.

We came here to relax and to be honest so far it’s been a little stressful.
They have a system in place where you have to book the spa in slots of one hour and this can’t be done until you have physically checked in …… then I find out all slots are full until 6am tomorrow.
Luckily because I was polite ( I’m guessing) and only want a sauna he had a word with the manager and said I can come back with my lady at 4pm and they will squeeze us in but obviously it will be busy.
I understand that rules are rules but this means we can’t relax and read a book poolside between visits to the sauna and pool without clock watching …I much prefer the old system.

Got all the way to room and digital key failed so did physical key….back I go, then I noticed no robes….back to my car I go to fetch my own ( yes I could phone down but we all know it will arrive next week ) .
Kinda feel somewhat unrelaxed and that wasn’t the objective….. luckily a cup of tea solves everything…..oh hang on no tea bags!…..oh and no diamond water too?.
Will report back!
Sounds like a lot of faff.
When you mentioned digital key first thought was the poor mobile signal I got when I was last there.
Not sure whether that may be part of the problem?

Is the exec lounge/ area available?
seem to recall decent cheese board😁
Just watch out for the gluten free peroni, tasted awful!
Old Apr 8, 2023, 10:35 am

SPA - it was busy , obviously half term with lots of families so not a relaxing affair, that aside the hard product is very good indeed, gone are the foot spas but they now have heated sun loungers instead which are nice, the ice shower , ice fountain, sauna and steam room are good, sauna is particularly nice and plenty hot enough.

Now back in room preparing for evening service in the executive lounge, I forgot to mention Earlier it’s nice, Uk king size bed and quite a large room, did notice no safe.
Lovely views across the countryside.

Will report back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.