FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Q4 Promo - 1000 Points (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1394410-q4-promo-1000-points.html)

yyz123 Oct 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Long-time reader who finally decided to register.

I respect Hilton's right to test the waters, and to determine whether a less attractive offer will continue to attract business travellers. In addition to travellers that may be bound to Hilton by their corporate standards or corporate contracts, there may also be some that don't have a choice but to do without a decent promotion if they want to get to Gold or Diamond.

When possible, I think it's important to send a message that some of us have flexibility and will exercise that flexibility in these circumstances. Having already qualified for Diamond, I'll be working on accumulating 2013 roll-over nights at Marriott this quarter. That will be a total of 9 nights in October, with another 12-15 in November and December (3/4 of my stays are Tuesday & Wednesday).

Jump Oct 10, 2012 5:25 pm

What is up with leaving Tuesday and Wednesday nights out of what is already an extremely lame promotion? Talk about adding insult to injury! I already have 95 nights with Marriott this year and I'm at 50 with Hilton with rooms booked through EOY. Unfortunately Marriotts recent promo ends on 10/31 so I'm also screwed there. I have a Marriott and Hilton across the street from each other with a crosswalk. I guess what makes the most sense is hitting Damond and then padding my Marriott rollover nights. I'll have to wait to get a definitive answer on the Delta MQM promo.

musing Oct 10, 2012 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jump (Post 19473767)
What is up with leaving Tuesday and Wednesday nights out of what is already an extremely lame promotion? Talk about adding insult to injury! I already have 95 nights with Marriott this year and I'm at 50 with Hilton with rooms booked through EOY. Unfortunately Marriotts recent promo ends on 10/31 so I'm also screwed there. I have a Marriott and Hilton across the street from each other with a crosswalk. I guess what makes the most sense is hitting Damond and then padding my Marriott rollover nights. I'll have to wait to get a definitive answer on the Delta MQM promo.

Deadline for signing up for Marriott's promo ends 10/31, but the promo runs through 1/15/13...so at least the next 6 stays for me are going to Marriott.

Jump Oct 11, 2012 7:40 am

Originally Posted by musing (Post 19474190)
Deadline for signing up for Marriott's promo ends 10/31, but the promo runs through 1/15/13...so at least the next 6 stays for me are going to Marriott.

Ahhhh, I guess I didn't read the promo information close enough. That changes everything! :D

Thanks for the info!

more4less Oct 11, 2012 8:05 am

Originally Posted by yyz123 (Post 19472634)
Long-time reader who finally decided to register.

I respect Hilton's right to test the waters, and to determine whether a less attractive offer will continue to attract business travellers. In addition to travellers that may be bound to Hilton by their corporate standards or corporate contracts, there may also be some that don't have a choice but to do without a decent promotion if they want to get to Gold or Diamond.

When possible, I think it's important to send a message that some of us have flexibility and will exercise that flexibility in these circumstances. Having already qualified for Diamond, I'll be working on accumulating 2013 roll-over nights at Marriott this quarter. That will be a total of 9 nights in October, with another 12-15 in November and December (3/4 of my stays are Tuesday & Wednesday).

Welcome to FT yyz123!

Good first post ^

felicity5 Oct 11, 2012 11:07 am

If I already have a booking at Grand Wailea in Maui is it too late to register for the VS miles promo? The link says registering must be done prior to worldwide Hilton booking. Am I out of luck?

If I can't take advantage of this are miles and miles a better option? I am always uncertaine Between the three options, miles and miles, miles and fixed points and miles and variable points as to what is the best choice.

LowRoller Oct 11, 2012 11:30 am

According to previous posts its alright to sign up now just check with the front desk at check in to make sure your VS number is listed.

Billiken Oct 12, 2012 6:44 am

Originally Posted by HeliosUK (Post 19469997)
Au revoir, HHonors Q4
Bonjour Marriott

Welcome to FT HeliosUK, or at least out of the shadows. ^

Like others have said, this is a very pathetic offer.

For me it's Bonjour Hyatt.

I've been traveling for business now for 20 years and have been HHonors Diamond for seven or eight years.
Last week I spent the most money ever for one night at a U.S. hotel (over $600).
FYI Hilton - it was the Hyatt Regency in San Francisco.

rajsbasi Oct 12, 2012 6:52 am

Its a poor promo. Zero effort Hilton Honours!

shoreline Oct 12, 2012 7:56 am

Originally Posted by bmifly (Post 19467587)
C

I think stifle is spot on here. I agree with shoreline that the front desk can't change your earning style but the ff miles programme credited is fixed based on the account settings at the time of booking. You do need the front desk to change this and they definitely are able to do so. On numerous occasions I've checked in and handed one ff card over and have been asked if I want miles to post to this account or a different ff scheme recorded with my booking.

That said once I have my five stays I'll test this, or if someone else has hit the target perhaps they could see what happens.

bmifly

how do you plan to test this? just curious.:cool:
change it on your account after booking? ask the ff agent to change it for you at the hotel then watch her do it? change it by midnight the day fo checkout on your hhonors account? hand them a different ff card at the time of check in? Specifics would be nice.:cool:

if you don't believe the T&C of the program, can't do much about that, but for others, I would advise you to read for yourself. The link was listed above. Post it the correct hhonors number on your hhonors account as your preferred ff number and make sure your earning style is set to one of the miles ways of earnings.@:-)

and, of course, if in doubt, call hhonors, don't ask the hotel staff to do anything on your hhonors account.

Sisosig Oct 12, 2012 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Billiken (Post 19482914)
Last week I spent the most money ever for one night at a U.S. hotel (over $600).
FYI Hilton - it was the Hyatt Regency in San Francisco.

Was it worth it?

Abidjan Oct 12, 2012 10:33 am

Survey saysssssssss --- No!

stifle Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am

Originally Posted by shoreline (Post 19483290)
how do you plan to test this? just curious.:cool:
change it on your account after booking? ask the ff agent to change it for you at the hotel then watch her do it? change it by midnight the day fo checkout on your hhonors account? hand them a different ff card at the time of check in? Specifics would be nice.:cool:

if you don't believe the T&C of the program, can't do much about that, but for others, I would advise you to read for yourself. The link was listed above. Post it the correct hhonors number on your hhonors account as your preferred ff number and make sure your earning style is set to one of the miles ways of earnings.@:-)

and, of course, if in doubt, call hhonors, don't ask the hotel staff to do anything on your hhonors account.

You're saying over and over that it's the T&Cs, but you (a) haven't quoted it, (b) haven't realized that many things in HHonors work differently in practice than in the T&Cs, and (c) have ignored the three or four different people who have tried to explain to you that there is a difference between the earning style and the chosen airline partner.

It is easy to test as follows: Make booking, arrive and give different FF number to FDC, and then see where the miles go.

poker9ite Oct 12, 2012 6:15 pm

This is the weakest promo I have ever seen Hilton come up with. Got myself a Platinum challenge from Marriott and will get 3 free night coupons in the process. Pretty easy challenge of 6 stays.

shoreline Oct 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by stifle (Post 19484489)
You're saying over and over that it's the T&Cs, but you (a) haven't quoted it, (b) haven't realized that many things in HHonors work differently in practice than in the T&Cs, and (c) have ignored the three or four different people who have tried to explain to you that there is a difference between the earning style and the chosen airline partner.

It is easy to test as follows: Make booking, arrive and give different FF number to FDC, and then see where the miles go.

I copied and pasted the T&C for you in post #68 (along with the link so you can read for yourself).

You quoted my post (#68) in your post #75.

you may say that many things work different. However, can you please direct me to a link and quote me another T&C that the hhonors program does not follow.

Yes you are correct! Earning style must be set properly as well as having your preferred airline partner on you hhonors account and selected.:cool:

Setting BOTH of these things (Earning style & FF partner # is EXACTLY what I have been saying.)

If you have read a single post where I have said something other than this, please point me to that post.:rolleyes:

The other point that many people here do not seem to understand, is how and when those 2 items need to be set. (as quoted above in post #68). A hotel clerk has no ability to change your hhonors account info. for FF# (unless they call hhonors, in which case, is still suppose to take your permission to change). and.....................the fact that you have up to midnight the day of check out (again, the quote from hhonors T&C in post #68 & the link provided for you to read for yourself).