Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Honors Stay More Earn More Virgin Atlantic Promo to 31 Dec 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honors Stay More Earn More Virgin Atlantic Promo to 31 Dec 2012

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I somehow ended up with 22,400 Virgin miles, done for 2012. I have a lot of $100 1 night stays early 2013, wouldn't it make sense to leave it points/fixed miles until I hit an even 25k/30k? If there is no first quarter promo do we get 500 miles per stay; $100 would only get me 500 points on points/points? Holtju2 is right for all $100 stays Virgin gets us 1000 points after the 1:2.
I don't understand the bolded sentence above. Virgin Atlantic earns 1000 miles per stay (fixed rate) at all properties, except Hampton/Homewood (which are 200 miles fixed).
Old Nov 20, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Most of mine posted today, however, there are two oddities.

I am missing one stay at an HGI and instead show a Hampton stay in South America (which certainly isn't me). And all of the bonuses show except for the 4K bonus, which coincidentally, would have been for the stay that's messed up. All other stays are as they should be. My account is short the 4K bonus and the 800 mile difference between HGI and HI. Who do I take this up with - Hilton or VS?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I would try Hilton first, to straighten out that South American mixup!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, Marriott Gold, US SP, Avis PS
Called Virgin last Tuesday, points posted yesterday to my HH account. Pretty happy overall with this promo.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by slickvik
No worries, the stay posted fine! I got the hilton points and 2000 miles posted, according to the hilton website. With 4 stays to go for my project I will get the 20,000 bonus points without a problem!

Another interesting thing is that the 1000 reasons promotion seems to work in conjunction with the virgin promotion.
I acquired HH gold status nearly a year ago doing some promotion NOT w stays and am hoping to maintain it by doing MVP fast track. Can't seem to find when my gold status expires when I login and was never given a physical card that states its expiration. I've signed up for the Virgin Atlantic flying club and changed my preferences to double dip fixed miles for this promotion.

Regarding stacking, would this current thread's promotion work with:

1000 reasons promotion
and MVP rate
and MVP fast track to gold

thanks in advance
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by zfly
I acquired HH gold status nearly a year ago doing some promotion NOT w stays and am hoping to maintain it by doing MVP fast track. Can't seem to find when my gold status expires when I login and was never given a physical card that states its expiration. I've signed up for the Virgin Atlantic flying club and changed my preferences to double dip fixed miles for this promotion.

Regarding stacking, would this current thread's promotion work with:

1000 reasons promotion
and MVP rate
and MVP fast track to gold

thanks in advance
It works with 1000 and fast track, not sure about MVP rate.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:54 am

It works with the MVP rate I can confirm.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tcollins33
Most of mine posted today, however, there are two oddities.

I am missing one stay at an HGI and instead show a Hampton stay in South America (which certainly isn't me). And all of the bonuses show except for the 4K bonus, which coincidentally, would have been for the stay that's messed up. All other stays are as they should be. My account is short the 4K bonus and the 800 mile difference between HGI and HI. Who do I take this up with - Hilton or VS?
I was also missing the 4k mile post; called VS and very nice lady with a British accent looked at it and realized I couldn't get the 5k without passing 4k; added the miles to my account within 3 days.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 7:40 am
alc

MOD: Let me know or move if you think this post should be in a different thread/forume. Thanks.

Thought to get some comments from the group here.

Due to a lack of Q4 promo in Oct, I went with this Virgin Atlantic promo instead -- as suggested by many of you here.

Now that I had been set to points and fixed miles on my HHonors account, I start wondering if it is actually better off for me to keep it to this setting with Virgin Atlantic.

Most of my stay is 1 night at a rate between CAD $110 to $120. I do stay a lot at Hilton or HGI, hence I will get 1K Virgin Atlantic for the Points & Fixed Miles. That is equivalent to 2000 HHonors points if I transfer them back to HHonors account. So, if I take points & points, the extra 50% points will not get me close to 2000 HHonors.

Am I correct on thinking that I should go with Points and Fixed Miles for those 1-night hotels that I will get 1K Virgin Atlantic miles? For all the others, I will go back to Points and Points? And I can keep my Virgin Atlantic miles in the account and only transfer when I need the points. Or actually redeem Virgin Atlantic flight within Europe (or whatever the best value -- need to go to their Virgin Atlantic forum to learn more)

Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2012, 8:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Generally speaking, if your stay is less than about $500 USD, I believe points + fixed miles to Virgin is a better deal. You get 2K points after conversion.

This is how I keep my settings, and it'll wind up being quite a bit of bonus points by the end of the year.

Neil
Old Dec 9, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Post conversion, you receive 2,000 points at FS properties, 400 at Hampton and Homewood Suites, and 200 at Home2 Suites, with the fixed miles setting. Double dip points are, of course, 5 points per dollar. So a $400 stay at a FS property would be the breakeven point. Anything above this, go with points. The number is $80 at Hampton or Homewood Suites, and $40 (essentially always) at Home2 Suites. The other factor to consider is the minimum conversion amount, which is 10,000 miles to 20,000 points.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
When do stays post to virgin atlantic account? I had a stay before Nov 4th and it posted on Nov 4th. A couple of stays after that have not posted yet.

- naroowal
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

They take about a month to post.

Neil
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:32 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by the_savman
Nice promo, however this tripped me up;

So any Advance Purchase already booked won't qualify, or so it seems.
i noticed this promo a little late. however, i've some upcoming stays at hiltons in the coming week. i've already reset my earning style to points and miles with Virgin Atlantic in the account. Do I need to rebook, or is it going to work out fine?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

There is no need to rebook.

Neil

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.