Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Do Day Rates Qualify for Points & Stay Credit?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Do Day Rates Qualify for Points & Stay Credit?"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kempis
It seems that a day rate earn stay credit so will this work for three stays

1-2/10 Staying at Hilton A

2/10 day rate at Hilton B

2-3/10 Staying at Hilton C

I need ways to get stay credits before 31st of December.
In my experience the day rate posts as an overnight stay, so you'd be duplicating B and C.

Considering you're not actually duplicating an overnight stay, you might be able to argue with HHonors to get the additional stay credit.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Duplicate
Old Sep 6, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
0 Points for Day Use at Hilton Madrid Airport

I didn't get anything at all for my day use at the Hilton Madrid Airport. Except for a rather unuseful answer to the question I send to the Diamond Desk. Is it correct that I get 0 points/miles?

Their "answer":

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
For future reference, you may verify this as well as other policies specific to eligible rates on-line by accessing the following link: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html#accrual_of_points.
If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by DannyDarko
I didn't get anything at all for my day use at the Hilton Madrid Airport. Except for a rather unuseful answer to the question I send to the Diamond Desk. Is it correct that I get 0 points/miles?

Their "answer":

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.
A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
For future reference, you may verify this as well as other policies specific to eligible rates on-line by accessing the following link: http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...rual_of_points.
If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/support/index.html
You should get points and a stay credit, you probably will not receive a night credit. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...fied-stay.html
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:45 am

I have in this year alone stayed a few day rates and got all points / stay / nights credits. They posted automatically except for one. Emailed the property and they in turn emailed Hilton (with me in the loop) who corrected the mistake. Day rates are useful for layovers / meetings etc.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
You should get points and a stay credit, you probably will not receive a night credit. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...fied-stay.html
Can you explain the bolded statement?

In the thread you referenced there is indeed this post:

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, HH counts nights and stays separately. I do believe recall reading day rates do not bump the night counter.
...but then the two following posters say they've always had stays and nights for day-rates
Old May 2, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: HH D
Question Points for DAY USE stay after 02 Apr 2018

I have reservation with DAY USE rate and another reservation for same day in another Hilton hotel.
I had stays like this in January and I was credited points and stay.
Now I see, that my reservations are shown in my account next way (first is DAY USE):
05 May 2018 - 06 May 2018 Hilton XXX
05 May 2018 - 06 May 2018 Hilton YYY

I emailed to [email protected] if there will be two stays or not and was answered.
Hi Garina,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding stay credit. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Please be advised that a "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.

In addition, we are unable to confirm the eligibility of the rate booked at this time. Please be advised that you will earn Honors points and stay credit as long as the rate booked and the settlement type of your stay is eligible. You may verify policies specific to eligible rates on-line by accessing the following link: Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions.

As always, thanks for traveling with us and please let us know if you have any other questions. You can reach us any time at [email protected].

Happy travels,
Had anyone DAY USE stay in this April? Was points and stay credited for it?

Last edited by Garina; May 2, 2018 at 9:36 am
Old May 3, 2018, 2:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Are you saying that on the previous bookings the first showed as equivalent of May 5 to May 5, rather than May 6, and you're wondering what the impact of this will be? Or has nothing changed there?

What's the significance of Apr 2?
Old May 3, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Are you saying that on the previous bookings the first showed as equivalent of May 5 to May 5, rather than May 6, and you're wondering what the impact of this will be? Or has nothing changed there?
Yes, and today all seems as before.
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
What's the significance of Apr 2?
The Hilton Honor Terms & Conditions were changed.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton day rates post as if they were an overnight stay.

Therefore you will have two stays posting as May 5 - May 6. One will be disallowed. (probably the overnight one) However if you call Hilton they ought to make a manual adjustment, as they do in most scenarios that are common sense rather than cheating the system.

Of course many of us just avoid the headaches and book a different chain for one of the stays.
Old May 3, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Hilton day rates post as if they were an overnight stay.

Therefore you will have two stays posting as May 5 - May 6. One will be disallowed. (probably the overnight one) However if you call Hilton they ought to make a manual
adjustment, as they do in most scenarios that are common sense rather than cheating the system..
Yes, I emailed to diamond desk in early April with stays like those and was answered:

Thank you for your response.

In researching your stay details, we found another already posted with similar or overlapping dates at a different hotel. A Member must be the registered, staying, paying guest in order to receive credit for a qualifying stay. As a service gesture, we are pleased to make an exception and have awarded credit for the additional booking.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Of course many of us just avoid the headaches and book a different chain for one of the stays.
I agree, and I don't want this headaches, so I have canceled first reservation. I hope, it will be possible to check-in early in second hotel.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
No base points issued on Day stay?

Just wondering if I’ve missed something here ?........ thought points tally was a little low for cash spend ( £91 , £85 for room / £6 for parking ) .
I normally estimate around 5k points per £100 spent but base points not issued?.... thought I’d run it past you guys before I contact the diamond desk....cheers.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 16, 2022, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

It has been a while since my last day stay but my points posted and I think they are still eligible for points

Regards
tbs
Old Mar 16, 2022, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Day stays are eligible for points. Contact Hilton to get it fixed.

On a side note, this may or may not mean that your credit card was authorised, but not charged...
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Thanks guys, yep credit card was charged,…….. will get into Hilton about this…..cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.