Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HH Diamond- Might Have to Jump- SPG or Hyatt?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

Been a loyal HHonors Diamond for 6 years now. As it looks like the Hilton ADT is going to leave the fold, I'm challenged on what to do. I've stayed at the ADT for 3 years in a row, and didn't expect to have the change my ways, but now I'm considering having to jump to either SPG or Hyatt so I can have an enjoyable stay in Paris (and elsewhere) when I want.

As a Diamond, I have come to enjoy the benefits of upgrades, extra points, free internet etc., but especially the lounge access. Neither SPG or Hyatt really spells out the lounge access benefit very clearly and I've tried to do my research on FT! Also, I have almost always earned my Diamond tier due to Base Points, not stays or nights, so keeping the top tier at either of the two other options is going to be a challenge.

Any advice from those who have SPG or Hyatt in addition to HH Diamond would really be appreciated. I can't believe it's come to this
Old Aug 14, 2012, 6:05 pm

At the highest level, you get access to the lounges at Starwood and Hyatt Hotels.

Personally, I tend to think the quality of the breakfast and evening snacks is much better at the Hyatt properties with lounges. The SPG lounges are typically at the Sheraton properties, but a few Westins have them as well. In general, most of the Sheratons I've stayed at have very basic breakfasts and pretty weak evening snacks. I like the free sofa drinks and water, so it's not all bad.

You get free internet at that level too at both hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.