Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
I called and was basically told to pound sand. I never get these offers.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Quote:
50,000 HHonors points are enough for two free reward nights at a Category 1-3 hotel.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha....Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I'm a HH Gold. I dropped an email to HH saying I want to participate in this promo, by return they confirmed that my account was updated accordingly.

EDIT - I followed it up, if I can continue earning points+points (as I really don't care about AAdvantage miles). The CS response was that as this is an AA promo, I should have point+miles as my earning preference.

This promo certainly earned Hilton 4 stays from me that otherwise would have gone to IC.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Aug 24, 2012 at 2:33 am
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by packetshard
Tried with Delta; rep said that she knew about other calls coming in for this promo, but didn't have the codes available for existing HHonors members and suggested I call back tomorrow.

Guess I'll report back on what happens.
This promo requires 5 stays to make Gold at Hilton.

Poke around this forum and you'll find ways to make Gold with just 4 stays (or even less if you get the right credit card....)

You'd have to give up some points, but using .005 cents per point, they're only worth about 100 net (allowing for a "free" breakfast and some extra bonus points on the fifth stay).

Bob H

Last edited by BobH; Aug 21, 2012 at 9:37 am
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BobH
This promo requires 5 stays to make Gold at Hilton.

Poke around this forum and you'll find ways to make Gold with just 4 stays (or even less if you get the right credit card....)

You'd have to give up some points, but using .005 cents per point, they're only worth about 100 net (allowing for a "free" breakfast and some extra bonus points on the fifth stay).

Bob H
Where do you see 5 stays? I see 4 for the Delta one.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I've been traveling & have 2,269 emails in my inbox. Can anyone post the subject line of the emails so I can do a search through my inbox on that to see if I received the offer? Thx!

Cheers.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:19 am
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I've been traveling & have 2,269 emails in my inbox. Can anyone post the subject line of the emails so I can do a search through my inbox on that to see if I received the offer? Thx!

Cheers.
The offer would come from your airline if you were targeted. For AA, it said: "Earn 500 Miles + Upgrade Your Stay With Hilton!"
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by lsumegan
Where do you see 5 stays? I see 4 for the Delta one.
Woops, I read one of the messages wrong -- it's gold "now" and 50k points after 4 stays.

Bob H
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by uxb
The offer would come from your airline if you were targeted. For AA, it said: "Earn 500 Miles + Upgrade Your Stay With Hilton!"
Thanks - I'll look for something like that title.

Cheers.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:28 am

I received the email but when I followed the link it asked for my AA# and then gave me an error message that the number was already in use.

Hilton customer care said they were willing to sign me up but needed a code from AA. AA said the offer was for new HHonors members only, but I read them the fine print over and over again (about existing members being able to call HHonors customer care for this upgrade). At that point they said there was something wrong with the site and I needed to email the AA Webmaster.

The Webmaster replied to my email and said to contact AA customer service (who had just suggested I contact the webmaster). Not sure how this will turn out.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: Marriott -Plat. Hilton -Diamond
Called HHonors, said that it was an extremely limited offer, and it went out to more than it should. Offered me 2500 bonus points for my next stay. Offered to fast track to Gold for with 4 stays, but since I'm already Gold,that didn't matter to me.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:35 am
Suspended

Same here. Additional information is that on next paid stay you get the 2,500 bonus points -- would not just credit account with these points.

Stay has to be made by 12/26/12 for this new promotion in lieu of the targeted promotion.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:23 pm
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Same here. Additional information is that on next paid stay you get the 2,500 bonus points -- would not just credit account with these points.

Stay has to be made by 12/26/12 for this new promotion in lieu of the targeted promotion.
*yawn* Better off making the second account.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 8:45 pm

Programs: HHonours Gold, Accor Platinum, KF, *A Gold
Do you guys know if the qualified stay mentioned in this promo include Cash + Points?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: GP plat, SPG plat
Originally Posted by opulentgroup
Do you guys know if the qualified stay mentioned in this promo include Cash + Points?
I highly doubt it, though I never actually tried to be fair. My guess is that it would have to be a regular paid stay that you would earn elite stays/nights on.

On a separate note, does anyone know whether this is stackable with the new Virgin Atlantic promotion? I know you have to do miles and points in both cases, but I'm guessing it doesn't stack since you would have to set preferences to AA/DL vs. VA. Can anyone confirm this is the case? i.e. that one would have to make 4 stays first to get the 50K points from this promotion, and then additional stays for the VA promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.