Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive floors at HGIs?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
I think it's great that FD staff can see my points balance. Several times I've received an upgrade or other amenity because of my high balance (I burn a lot of points but earn them faster); DD staff has also been extra-accommodating. In each instance they've mentioned something like "wow, I've never seen that number of points before", and then provide exemplary service.
How can you be sure it was because of your "high balance"? And what "extra-accommodating" services have been provided to you by the the DD because of your points that wouldn't be provided to all Diamonds?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by lsumegan
How can you be sure it was because of your "high balance"? And what "extra-accommodating" services have been provided to you by the the DD because of your points that wouldn't be provided to all Diamonds?
You may wish to re-read the portion of my post referencing "wow...". Benefits resulting from such comments have included suite (or better suite such as Presidential) upgrades when my reservation wasn't already upgraded, comped parking, drink chits, etc. DD has added additional points to missing/incorrect stay issues, along with other "service center adjustment" points while noting my point balance. I stay in HH properties just about every week, these balance-referenced benefits (i.e. those which have been given following a comment referencing my balance) happen about a half-dozen times a year. I suspect other very good HH customers receive similar treatment. Just let me know if you need further clarification.

Last edited by smmrfld; Jul 19, 2012 at 4:44 pm
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld
You may wish to re-read the portion of my post referencing "wow...". Benefits resulting from such comments have included suite (or better suite such as Presidential) upgrades when my reservation wasn't already upgraded, comped parking, drink chits, etc. DD has added additional points to missing/incorrect stay issues, along with other "service center adjustment" points while noting my point balance. I stay in HH properties just about every week, these balance-referenced benefits (i.e. those which have been given following a comment referencing my balance) happen about a half-dozen times a year. I suspect other very good HH customers receive similar treatment. Just let me know if you need further clarification.
Oh I understand now - you're just assuming it's because of your point balance. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by lsumegan
Oh I understand now - you're just assuming it's because of your point balance. Thanks for the clarification.
Well, no...but you seem to have other thoughts on this. Whatever.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I think I've gotten suites at several HGI. They are 2-room with a dining area/fridge and a separate bedroom area. There is no formal divider, like a door but they are distinctive areas.
The Junior Suite upgrades I've gotten at several HGIs do indeed have separate rooms with a wall and a door between.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.