Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sarahluv
This wikipost can be edited by signed-in members; you can minimize or maximize wikiposts by using the upper right corner [-] or [+] buttons.)

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Heathrow Airport
745 Bath Road, Cranford TW5 9QE, United Kingdom
TEL: 44-20-8564 4450 / FAX: 44-20-8897 7014

Hotel Information
. . . ● HHonorsReward Category: 4
. . . ● Check-in: 2:00 pm / Check-out: 12:00 pm
. . . ● Smoking: Non-Smoking
. . . ● Parking: Self parking: £12.50 (71 spaces available) / Valet: Not Available
. . . ● Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes / Pets allowed: No
. . . ● WiFi: Complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel
. . . ● Brasserie Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
. . . ● 10 minutes from London Heathrow (sic)
. . . ● All prices shown include relevant taxes
. . . ● Reports herein state hot breakfast included for Gold (with MyWay preferences) and Diamond members. Previously, there was a £5.00 upcharge for hot items.

Getting there from Heathrow Airport: Take National Express Hotel Hoppa bus as indicated below to / from just outside the hotel. Tickets are £4.50 one way / £8 return from the driver (£7 from automated kiosks at hotel and in airport). Up to 2 children under 15 travel free with a paying adult. Allow 20 minutes journey time for terminals 1 & 3, 25 minutes for terminal 4, and 35 minutes for terminal 5; bus serves other hotels. mandc2000 says one can also use TfL buses 81, 111 or 222 LHR (£1.50 oyster card or contactless only).

. . . ● Terminal 1 - Hotel Hoppa H7 bus, bus stop number 3
. . . ● Terminal 3 - Hotel Hoppa H7 bus, bus stop numbers 17 & 18
. . . ● Terminal 4 - Hotel Hoppa H56 bus, bus stop numbers 10 - 13
. . . ● Terminal 5 - Hotel Hoppa H56 bus, bus stop numbers 22 & 23

Last updated 31 Jan 2017
Print Wikipost

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Heathrow Airport {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 6:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Morning. Does anyone know if parking is free for Diamonds, or indeed if you can park on the streets near by for free. £12.50 a day adds up
Old May 31, 2021, 1:49 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by gav0106
Morning. Does anyone know if parking is free for Diamonds, or indeed if you can park on the streets near by for free. £12.50 a day adds up
How long are you staying?

Many surrounding streets have no parking restrictions overnight but it may be hard to find a space at certain times. If you are happy to walk a bit you should be able to find a spot which is free all day (but you may annoy a local resident if it's right outside their house).
Old May 31, 2021, 2:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by :D!
How long are you staying?

Many surrounding streets have no parking restrictions overnight but it may be hard to find a space at certain times. If you are happy to walk a bit you should be able to find a spot which is free all day (but you may annoy a local resident if it's right outside their house).
Thanks for the reply, I think 3-4 nights. I remember before you could park in street, but that was some time ago
Old Mar 24, 2022, 6:28 am

Just had another stay here. Parked nearby outside someone's house for free, they had 3 cars on their (gated) driveway and space for more, so they can't really get annoyed. It does say 30 minutes free for drop-off but couldn't be bothered to deal with the parking registration system.

Tiny room, no upgrade but hotel did seem quite full. Wall plaster almost falling apart (especially in bathroom), sink almost blocked, taps in shower damaged but functional. Water took about 5 minutes to warm up, needed 3 big flushes to flush the toilet. Cookies good and got a drink voucher for 1 beer/wine per person, but didn't have time to use it.

I remember the breakfast food was extremely oily last time I was here, but this has improved, though still fake scrambled eggs and supermarket-style pastries. Only 2 staff around who were mostly busy going in and out of the kitchen. Many people stood waiting for a while then just walked in. Only rooms with breakfast included were on the entry list, so if you did wait for the staff member, golds and diamonds needed the vouchers from reception - meaning there is no point getting a digital key. There was no menu but someone managed to order waffles.

Saw lots of people arriving via Hoppa and waiting for it to leave, even though the 105 and 111 stop right outside. Now that these aren't free, I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off having to pay for the bus vs other hotels in the former Heathrow free zone.... anyway for my date, the LHR HGIs and Hiltons were all double what I paid for here.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 5:51 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Fully agreed from pricing point - stayed here a week ago, and prices were much more tolerable compared to the other HGI's in the area. The Hilton was not too bad, but due difficulty of using public transportation I opted for this DT.
The rooms indeed are getting a bit tired, but still functional and for 1-2 nights stay for the price, it is acceptable.

Cheers!
Old Nov 19, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
I decided to give this hotel another try a while back. Just because the prices here can be really good (relatively) and it’s been a long time.

No upgrade but the outward facing room at the back over the car park was perfectly nice. There aren’t any views from anywhere as the hotel isn’t tall enough to see the runways etc.

I liked the room itself which was surprisingly quiet (maybe the hotel wasn’t busy) and the bed very comfortable. The shower is over the bath and quite meh.

1 drink voucher per day. Breakfast from 6:30am was perfectly ok, again given the lower pricing here my expectations weren’t high. Vegan hot food was nice. The sliced cut fruit was really fresh and quite delicious (pineapple and melon). Pastries were the small “Hampton” style and not good. Coffee machine and Tetley brand tea.

I decided to walk once or twice from Hounslow West which is around 1/2hr, it’s along the busy road but seemed perfectly safe. And also the 81, 222 and H98 buses stop right outside the hotel in both directions to Hounslow West station. (81 is the same bus as for Hilton T5)

I would have no problem staying again - ultimately the “issue” with this property is the location. Neither particularly easy for LHR (especially for newcomers etc to London) nor near the Tube. Plus the Pic line from Hounslow West is ok but slow and a nightmare at rush hour. [I went to an event in the Barbican Center and it took me 90 minutes via tube and bus door-to-door.]

And recently the price bubble in London seems to me to have started to burst - properties like this one become better value.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by :D!

Saw lots of people arriving via Hoppa and waiting for it to leave, even though the 105 and 111 stop right outside.
Do either of these go to/from T5? Thinking about doing a 1 nighter thats if we can get to LHR(,long story not for now) Wed be arriving and departing T5
Old Oct 8, 2023, 7:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by theroz
Do either of these go to/from T5? Thinking about doing a 1 nighter thats if we can get to LHR(,long story not for now) Wed be arriving and departing T5
No, neither of these go to T5. Those bus services go to the Central Bus Station for T2 and T3.

The way to get there is
- if the Night Bus N9 is still running, that also goes from the Tesco stop, and goes pretty fast to LHR T5, 15 minutes or so (the timetable says 20 minutes), last service is 06:45 hrs
- All westbound services go to Mondial Way where you can change on to the 423 at the same stop to T5.
- Go to Central Bus Station and get the tube for the free ride to T5 on the Piccadilly line.
I tend to do the last one, but if I use the link below and Mondial Way's version then I sometimes use the 423 if I can see a 423 is a few minutes off, it's just convenient and less walking, rather than fast. You can take the Hoppa all the way to LHR T5 but it's slow, expensive and has a poor service frequency.

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/stop/490005704W/waye-avenue
Old Oct 8, 2023, 1:00 pm

[QUOTE=corporate-wage-slave;35646792]No, neither of these go to T5. Those bus services go to the Central Bus Station for T2 and T3.

The way to get there is
- if the Night Bus N9 is still running, that also goes from the Tesco stop, and goes pretty fast to LHR T5, 15 minutes or so (the timetable says 20 minutes), last service is 06:45 hrs
- All westbound services go to Mondial Way where you can change on to the 423 at the same stop to T5.
- Go to Central Bus Station and get the tube for the free ride to T5 on the Piccadilly line.
I tend to do the last one, but if I use the link below and Mondial Way's version then I sometimes use the 423 if I can see a 423 is a few minutes off, it's just convenient and less walking, rather than fast. You can take the Hoppa all the way to LHR T5 but it's slow, expensive and has a poor service frequency.[QUOTE]

THX for the quick reply and detailed at that. After reading it we looked at each other and said way too many changes needed, so we used a free IHG cert and booked the CP T4, which should be easier especially with an after 10pm arrival into LHR and an 11am flight out both from T5. Since theres a chance BA will CX our flight into LHR we didnt want to have a rev stay that wed no show and lose the $$, here if they wont give us back the cert its not the end of things. Our BA flight for tomorrow(Mon) was CXed with Tues the best to get us to LHR but instead of a 10am arrival its now a 10pm arrival = having to overnight

Again thanks for for reply which made things alot easier for us

Last edited by theroz; Oct 8, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Old Nov 1, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Got a points stay here this week. Just one night on points and was pre upgraded four nights ahead of arrival to a king deluxe from a basic.

Will let you know how it goes
Old Nov 3, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Jumped on the Railair from Reading which now doesn't stop at Central bus station and instead only outside T2/3 and T5.

Given that I decided to jump on the hotel hoppa bus as it was easier to get to and ready to leave instead of walking to the local bus.

Only me and two others on the hoppa.

Checked in on points and was upgraded as a a gold to a king deluxe. Also given a cookie and surprisingly a voucher for a drink. Two bottles of water in the room. I didnt bother with breakfast so can't comment on that.

Aircon was a little loud but apart from that there were no other issues

Was 27000 points

The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 7:58 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Looks like you got lucky with the upgrade! Nice! Good to have a corner room and the seating area looks quite comfortable too.
Old Dec 29, 2023, 2:22 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,

Had a quick 1 night stay at this property - again one of the cheaper priced property around the area and looking for Hilton group hotels.
As usual - not too much additional comments from my previous experience.
- greeted as an Diamond at check in - although it seems like the usual textbook greeting
- front desk members - like always - not the most friendly nor most communicative.
- did get the welcome drink vouhcer
- no upgrade from room type - same level as booked
- room was ok in size - although age is showing - and worst was that there was no propert chair in the room, except one of those dining type/work type chair and seemed like it's time has come to be replaced. It was most probably had a wet spell and not cleaned properly so you see those white stain. Did not dare to touch it.
- only change from my last stay were the wall mounted toiletries.

Did not partake in breakfast. For me - as long as in general it's priced accordingly and relatively clean - am ok to continue to stay here for layovers in LHR. Transportation with the public bus (although not free anymore) is still frequent from the hotel.

Cheers!
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Stayed here again mid December - got the 111 Red Bus from Central bus station which drops outside the hotel £1.75 - fairly friendly check-in and room was ready (was an hour early) no upgrade but room was adequate
Welcome Doubletree cookie, 2 bottles of water and drinks voucher for the bar.
Had a quick meal in the restaurant around 6pm which was Ok - nothing spectacular but was OK
Breakfast starts at 6.30 and was down just before and all ready - really good selection of hot and cold - went for full english with coffee and orange juice.
Walked out the back of the hotel to get the bus £1.75 again to central bus station and walked to T3 - bus takes 10 mins ? maximum.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Transportation with the public bus (although not free anymore) is still frequent from the hotel
Actually it wasn't ever free as 2 stops outside the free zone, but hard to enforce when coming from airport

Thanks for review.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.