Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

On the honors website, how do you know when granted Gold for the following year?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On the honors website, how do you know when granted Gold for the following year?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold, United Gold, BA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond

I am currently Gold and every time i am on the www3.hilton.com page i can see that it says that i have x more nights, y more stays, and z more base points to remain Gold.

However, recently it now tells me
"45 more nights, 22 more stays, or 67,000 more base points" to reach Diamond.

Does this mean that the system thinks that i have already reached Gold for 2013?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
No - it is based on your current status this year. If you got the status not through stays (i.e., it will not be good for next year), you will still see the countdown to Diamond.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
No - it is based on your current status this year. If you got the status not through stays (i.e., it will not be good for next year), you will still see the countdown to Diamond.
what do you mean by got the status not through stays?
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by bludevil
One can get status through credit card spending.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by truequant
I am currently Gold and every time i am on the www3.hilton.com page i can see that it says that i have x more nights, y more stays, and z more base points to remain Gold.

However, recently it now tells me
"45 more nights, 22 more stays, or 67,000 more base points" to reach Diamond.

Does this mean that the system thinks that i have already reached Gold for 2013?
No. You must call to verify whether status has been extended through the following year.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OB one
One can get status through credit card spending.
???

If you get it through spending, it's only valid for the current year and not the next one? I thought it was regular qualification rules. (Just asking to understand, there is no Hilton CC in my country...)
Old Jun 10, 2012, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Richelieu
???

If you get it through spending, it's only valid for the current year and not the next one? I thought it was regular qualification rules. (Just asking to understand, there is no Hilton CC in my country...)
It is valid for the next year too into April of the year following that, like regular rules. Hilton does not do a very good job at posting the dates of expiration of status imho. In the Surpass thread, some posters reported one year of status, some two. It almost seems like there are no rules and Hilton has done little to clarify the actual rules, again, imho, but in general if you spend enough on the Surpass AMEX ($20,000 gets you gold, $40,000 gets diamond) in 2012, your status will be good for all of 2013 and into the first months of 2014, but some posters report being mailed cards saying status expires in 2015, thus giving two years of status.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
OK, thanks for clarifying!
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by Richelieu
OK, thanks for clarifying!
Sometimes it gets a little confusing --

Right now I've got one stay or 23 nights to the next quantum level, but my next stay will not be for more than one night !

Bob H
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:30 am

According to Amex over the phone a few weeks ago, status starts when the requirement is met and expires at the end of the following calendar year, unless you requalify. That means if you attained status in June, 2012, it is supposed to last until the end of December, 2013.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bludevil
You can get status through:

Normal stays/night/base points
Fast track stays or nights (depending on the offer)
Credit cards
Comped (lower) status through other partners sometimes
Soft landing (very occasionally, I got it once a few years ago but most people don't get it these days)

Furhtermore, with some of these other methods of getting status, the status period may depend on the timing of when you earn status (in a different timing than normal earning!)
Old Jun 11, 2012, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tizzette
According to Amex over the phone a few weeks ago, status starts when the requirement is met and expires at the end of the following calendar year, unless you requalify. That means if you attained status in June, 2012, it is supposed to last until the end of December, 2013.
And that is what they say, but my wife spent $40,000 on the Surpass card in 2010 and her diamond status was good for 2011, 2012, and will expire 2013.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by OB one
And that is what they say, but my wife spent $40,000 on the Surpass card in 2010 and her diamond status was good for 2011, 2012, and will expire 2013.
Did you know in advance that your status was going to last longer? If it was possible to find out, one might choose to focus credit card spending somewhere else.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Tizzette
There are actually two "years" to track, one is the earning year which runs from Jan 1 to Dec 31. Points/spend during this period counts to status. So if you don't make status by the end of Dec it all starts over in Jan. The other is the benefit year that runs through Mar. So even if you don't make status this year, you are granted status through Mar so you have a chance to make status again and still have the benefits while you do it.

So actually, if you earn status this year it is good until the end of Mar 2014! So you can stop earning status until Jan 2014 and rush to keep status until 2016!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.