Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Birthday Surprises for Diamond Members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M

Did anyone ever receive a birthday surprise, spending his birthday at a HHonors property? If so, how did you inform them it was your birthday? Do you think a comment like "Would very much appreciate a late late checkout, as it's my xxth birthday ;-)" would get me a cake? Or maybe even a late late check-out? :-)
Old May 16, 2012, 3:59 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I asked for a late checkout last year at la quinta resort and spa and told them it was because it was the wife's birthday(it really was) we got a late check-out and placed in suite.(we do go to this property about 5 time a year)
Old May 16, 2012, 4:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

Most international properties look at your passport as part of check in. I've gotten cakes at both the Moorea Hilton and the Colombo Hilton thanks to that. At the Colombo Hilton, word obviously was passed amongst the staff. An attendant in the executive lounge insisted on giving me a second cake.

At Le Meridien Vienna (Starwood) I was given a bunch of helium balloons tied to a small box with an individual piece of their wonderful Impertial Torte. There was a strip of black paper with lettering in white wishing me a happy birthday from the staff. Sadly, this was on check out (my birthday morning) and the balloons had to be jetizoned as I was enroute to the airport.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
I once put a small note in the reservation that it was my Mom's birthday, and we needed 2 beds (not the king, which was the cheapest room to book), we arrived very late at night to a room filled with streamers and roses. My Mom cried she was so happy, I actually was so tired I did not even see it when I walked into the room. If you send an email before your trip, I am sure they will leave you a little surprise if you are looking for a specific surprise, then I would nicely mention it as a request.

Any way, Happy Birthday!
Old May 16, 2012, 7:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by DannyDarko
If so, how did you inform them it was your birthday?
The hat, wear the pointed hat with the little elastic around the chin, that will let them know without you mentioning it.
Old May 17, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1 .6 MM,Ethiad Gold,Virgin Silver,Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond,SPG Gold,BA Blue (ish)
As long as when they wish me Happy Birthday they say that I don't look that old

Had cake,champers at Conrad Bangkok and various Hiltons around the world - though nothing EVER at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square (and a regular there but this hotel is tight with everything !)
Old May 17, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Other than 1)hotel sees your birthdate on you passport or 2)you put in a comment about this being a birthday stay, how would a hotel figure out that you will be staying there on your birthday???
Old May 17, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Hilton Millennium in Seoul had a birthday cake waiting for me. Not sure how they knew but it was a nice touch.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
I have been lucky enough to once receive a fruit plate. Other occasions I have received a card. I usually make a note about celebrating my birthday in the reservation in the hopes of an improved upgrade.
Old May 17, 2012, 1:08 pm

I've noted a landmark anniversary on a reservation and gotten a nice room. I can't say it was nicer than I otherwise would have gotten, but I like to think it was.

Once, on a Starwood stay, I was given the grandest of rooms I've ever had or seen on my birthday. Turns out it was just a coincidence. (I was a 100+/day per year guest at that hotel, it was a really low occupancy Sunday night, and it was the only significant upgrade I ever had.)
Old May 17, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
Birthday stay at the Chicago Waldorf - put a note on the reservation it was my birthday and they had a box of chocolates in the room for me with a card.
Old May 17, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
The Hilton in Cologne gave me a very nice, and sizeable, chocolate cake last year - still not certain how they worked out it was my birthday, I may have put it in the comments box. Certainly was appreciated and generated a very nice tripadvisor review.
Old May 17, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by DannyDarko
Did anyone ever receive a birthday surprise, spending his birthday at a HHonors property? If so, how did you inform them it was your birthday? Do you think a comment like "Would very much appreciate a late late checkout, as it's my xxth birthday ;-)" would get me a cake? Or maybe even a late late check-out? :-)
How is it a surprise is you ask for it?!
Old May 17, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: WJ Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Accor Platinum
At The Boulders (W=A) in Arizona, I received a note from the guest services manager along with two beverages at the lobby bar. I thought it was a nice touch! I had mentioned to the concierge it was my birthday when I was planning my stay. (And FWIW, I absolutely enjoyed every minute of that stay!)
Old May 18, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: Yes please
Hilton Dubrovnik last year; a very nice chocolate cake delivered to my room,
Hilton Malta this year; nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.