Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75k, *G LT, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ptownca
Blame the "Happy Hour" law in Mass. which basically makes it illegal to give any kind of alcohol free no matter the circumstances. Not the Hilton's fault. No business of any kind can offer free drinks.
That's not the point though: the point was that there should be no reason why it is significantly more expensive in the lounge than in the on-site restaurant.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Help with Reservation Issue at Hilton Boston Logan

On October 7 I made a rewards reservation online. As soon as I made the reservation, I realized I had used the wrong date and immediately changed the reservation online. It was for one night as a Standard Room Reward using 33,000 points. I received a confirmation showing the correct date, the type of reward, and the number of points. Everything looked good and I received a couple of follow up stay reminder emails with everything correct.

At check-in I was told that I did not have a reservation. I showed the desk agent my confirmation email and number. He told me that my reservation was for the wrong date. Again, I showed him the confirmation email that showed the correct date. He told me that I did not have a reservation, but that he would book me a room for $152. It was late on a holiday, we had a very early flight, and so I said okay assuming I could sort it out later.

I contacted Hilton Honors customer service and they have responded with:

I’m very sorry for the confusion over the cancelation of your reservation. After investigation into your claims, my staff informed me that a call was placed to the hotel requesting to cancel your original reservation that was booked with points & cash. Upon confirmation through a call to Hilton Honors, the rate for confirmation #3 after your points were submitted was $152+tax. My agent reported receiving a call requesting to cancel this reservation, as our best available rate for the night of November 23rd was $152. So in fact, you were reserved to pay the same amount for the original reservation as the one M rebooked for you. The only difference being, we refunded your used points as a courtesy. As these changes were done within our cancellation period, this was not a courtesy that necessarily had to be done. Since the rate for the first reservation matched the rate for the second reservation & your points were refunded, I’ll be unable to provide any compensation as requested.

I never called the hotel. It was L who checked me in, not M. I did not want to pay with cash.

I have a reservation showing a full points stay on the correct date. When I login to my account, I see that my correct reservation was listed as a "late cancel", but I never asked for it to be canceled. Besides, I couldn't cancel a reservation that the desk agent told me didn't exist.

I am not an expert in this program, and I don't have status. Is there something that I have misunderstood? What is the best way to pursue this further?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
A change is a cancellation and then a new booking as the rate had apparently changed. But, what is odd is the reference to telephone calls and the screw up on who did what. I would write back, pointing to the discrepancies and in clear & concise terms ask for exactly what you want, e.g., no compensation, but 33K points charged and a refund of $152 to its form of payment.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
I don't recall if the rate changed when I rebooked the reservation on October 7, but my confirmation showed it would cost me 33,000 points. I did explain that I had never called the hotel. I attached a copy of my email confirmation and I requested that they reverse the charge and take my 33,000 points. Their response was to reiterate what I copied above, and end with:

Unfortunately, the hotel policy that cannot be overridden by the corporate office. Hoping for your patience and understanding on this matter.

I get that things can be wonky with online reservations especially when changes occur, but this is pretty bizarre. As a travel agency owner, if I wanted to pay with cash I would have booked an industry rate, or used my IATA.

I will try again...
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I'll be staying here in January on points as a Gold, Should I be hoping NOT to get upgraded and thus get a breakfast voucher in the resto? From what I've read of the Executive Lounge, breakfast there is not too impressive.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Definitely - even if there were to be an upcharge from continental for the restaurant breakfast, that would be well worth it over the lounge!
ptownca likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:11 pm

Does anyone have a contact that they can share with me to escalate my issue with my Hilton Honors reservation at Hilton Boston Logan? I am getting nowhere via customer support either on the phone or via email. Any assistance or insight would be appreciated.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Definitely - even if there were to be an upcharge from continental for the restaurant breakfast, that would be well worth it over the lounge!
Well, I got upgraded to the Exec Floor, so no breakfast voucher for me. I wasn't that hungry, but the offerings in the Exec Lounge were just fine by me. The place wasn't too crowded, so perhaps that made it better. I had a very good stay there all, told.
earlyriser likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have a stay here on a Friday night and I assume the lounge is still closed for my stay. Do they give any certificates for appetizers in lieu of the lounge closed in the evening or is it just breakfast in the restaurant?

I ended up using points for this stay as 53K points in lieu of $300 including tax seemed more palatable since I don't like spending a lot of money on airport hotels.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have had a few stays here when the lounge has been closed, with no evening appetizer certificate.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stayed here from 7/14 - 7/15 after a bump. I was pleased to hear that the lobby bar and restaurant are open until 12:30 AM and they do accept VDB vouchers. The front desk agent was very friendly though obviously could not recognize my Diamond status so I ended up in a handicapped room and had to pay for Wifi. The best part of the hotel is you can walk to it from Terminals A and E.

JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Checked-in just now being told that my only breakfast option was continental in the restaurant for tomorrow morning (Thursday). I asked about the lounge in a confused tone, and was told that they have closed it.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Checked-in just now being told that my only breakfast option was continental in the restaurant for tomorrow morning (Thursday). I asked about the lounge in a confused tone, and was told that they have closed it.
I was told the same thing when I checked in today as well. The front desk clerk said that it was closed permanently and being converted to more rooms.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We were given no lounge options and breakfast was available in the breakfast restaurant. Continental (everything that is cold) complimentary, add anything from the hot buffet for $10 per person. That was a nice lounge.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:48 am

The Logan Hilton is one of the properties that was spun off to Park Properties in 2017. Their properties tend to be overdue for remodeling and very much in the middle of the pack (or lower) when it comes to service. In publicly available investor and analyst briefings, Park has made it plain that adding or increasing resort fees and/or parking fees is their best short term opportunity to increase revenue. Less publicly, they are converting lounges to rooms everywhere they can. There are two rationales: 1) more room revenue; and 2) Without the option of free continental breakfast in the lounge, Diamond members,who now get $10 F&B vouchers are more likely to pay up-charges for a full breakfast.

Partial upside - while most of the properties losing their lounges for rooms are not having widespread remodeling (though they need it), at least the new rooms will be more up to date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.