Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Boston Logan Airport {US-MA}

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2004, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Cohiba
If this hadn't been fixed, I don't think I would be giving them praise.

That's what I figured. Congrats! ^
Old May 21, 2004, 9:57 am
Original Member

This is not about the Boston Logan Hilton but rather the SW Houston Hilton (since we're talking about complaints)...I stay there on my yearly trip to Houston; this year as a HHonors Gold member they gave me the very sought-after elevator shaft room. When I checked-in the air conditioning was on and the noise was masking the elevator noise. When I returned later to go to bed and turned off the AC, you could very clearly hear the elevator...

I called downstairs to speak to the manager when I dragged myself out of bed at 7:00, not a happy camper. I told the manager what my room number was and if he could guess what my call was about based on that...he couldn't, so I told him. To my surprise he offered to knock the $9.95 high speed internet charge off my bill and take 50% off my room rate....(surprised because I did not have to ask him to reduce my room rate; he offered). A good resolution to my complaint call.
Old Sep 29, 2004, 12:28 am

Hilton Logan Airport (BOS) - Sold out Wed 9/29??

Does anyone know why the Hilton at Logan Airport in Boston is sold out Wednesday night, 9/29? Standard rooms are apparently sold out at the Ritz, Four Seasons and Hyatt Cambridge. Is something going on in Boston?
Old Sep 29, 2004, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmc123
Does anyone know why the Hilton at Logan Airport in Boston is sold out Wednesday night, 9/29? Standard rooms are apparently sold out at the Ritz, Four Seasons and Hyatt Cambridge. Is something going on in Boston?
Not sure, haven't heard about anything big. Maybe some sort of convention? Have you called the hotel directly to inquire about availability?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
So here is my Mini-Stay Report for Friday, December 10th, 2004.

I liked it (more then I like the Hyatt Harborside, which is where I am now).

One of the larger rooms I have had at a Hilton (similar to Hilton O'Hare and Hilton Anaheim). No problem getting cool or warm with the HVAC. Executive Floor is 10th (top) and given a room there as a Gold. Great bed - really nice comforter. Reminded me of the Heavenly comforter. Really mushy pillows, though.

Executive Lounge was nice, but agree not much. I showed up late (about 10pm) and they had coffees, tea, pop, mixed nuts, and chocolate chip cookies. Two large TVs and a computer with printer. Lounge attendant was friendly.

The hotel breakfast buffet was a good deal at $13.95. Good scrambled egges, bacon and sausage, oatmeal and creamed wheat, terrible Belgian waffles (but then sitting under a hot plate, I can see why), lots of breads, sandwich makings, and fruit/yogurt. Food prices were actually reasonable, but the buffet is the best bet.

Great lobby. Good shuttle service and walkable (but it's somewhat of a hike across the central parking garage). For $110 a night, I was pleased.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 7:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hilton COS has been a great stay for us...

RTWSTARALLIANCE, sounds like you had a bummer of a stay; I am truly sorry. We've stayed a number of times over the years, and really enjoyed it. The van was always there when we wanted, including pickups and dropoffs at the "T", always got nice upgrades with clean, fully functional and comfortable rooms, plus lots of friendly attention, good breakfasts in the lounge. And Tracy in the lounge has always been brilliant, though not everyone can hold a candle to her.

We'll hope your stay was an anomaly, and things haven't gone south...
Old Dec 11, 2004, 8:27 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
I also have had good experiences there. HOWEVER, each time they did add several $ for 'minibar', which was nexer used. Both times I e-mailed a complaint, and it eventually was credited. What a nuisance!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Thumbs up Boston Airport Hilton

Just wanted to post a big thumbs up for this hotel. My husband and I checked in for a two-fold reason: 1) we live on a boat in Boston Harbor and the projected weekend weather (ie blizzard, hurricane force winds, wind chill) was just too much to deal with; and 2) I was allegedly flying to Houston Sunday morning and figured if I was flying out, I'd be better off on-airport. Many of the hotel staff was stuck there from Friday afternoon on. Most of the guests were stuck on their way out. I can't say enough about how gracious the staff was under the circumstances. I was equally impressed with the guests.

While I never made it to Houston, we did have a warm weekend!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 1:59 pm

I've stayed at this property quite often and have always enjoyed my stay. Can't beat the commute to the airport in the morning
Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:20 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
I really like the Executive Lounge here - the snacks are great.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:25 pm

Logan Airport (BOS) Hilton, Paper Napkins in Full Service Restaurant

We are very infrequent Hilton guests. We frequent Marriott most frequently, and Starwood second.

On a recent stay at the Hilton Hotel (full-service) at Boston's Logan International Airport we opted to have breakfast in their restaurant (Berkshire's). We were surprised to find that in a restaurant offering a $15.00pp breakfast buffet that there were paper napkins on our table, and not cloth napkins. Is this a Hilton phenomena at their full-service hotels, or a hotel-specific thing?

At a similar price point at Marriott (airport) Hotels they offer "cook to order" omlettes as part of their "full" breakfast buffet and cloth napkins. This Hilton offered scrambled eggs and french toast on their breakfast buffet, no omlettes.

This remined me a bit of the shift from silverware to plastic cutlery in First Class on the airlines, post 9-11. I wonder if the paper napkins at Hilton are a FAA or TSA imposed requirement?

Rest assured, there is more to our lives then commenting about paper vs. cloth napkins. Our experience at this Hilton restaurant just seemed notably cheezy! Is this a Hilton thing?
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownDisneyFan
We are very infrequent Hilton guests. We frequent Marriott most frequently, and Starwood second.

On a recent stay at the Hilton Hotel (full-service) at Boston's Logan International Airport we opted to have breakfast in their restaurant (Berkshire's). We were surprised to find that in a restaurant offering a $15.00pp breakfast buffet that there were paper napkins on our table, and not cloth napkins. Is this a Hilton phenomena at their full-service hotels, or a hotel-specific thing?

At a similar price point at Marriott (airport) Hotels they offer "cook to order" omlettes as part of their "full" breakfast buffet and cloth napkins. This Hilton offered scrambled eggs and french toast on their breakfast buffet, no omlettes.

This remined me a bit of the shift from silverware to plastic cutlery in First Class on the airlines, post 9-11. I wonder if the paper napkins at Hilton are a FAA or TSA imposed requirement?

Rest assured, there is more to our lives then commenting about paper vs. cloth napkins. Our experience at this Hilton restaurant just seemed notably cheezy! Is this a Hilton thing?
And this worries you? Take a look at any newspaper and see what millions are dealing with around the world. If this is your biggest problem, and you have time to post your concerns about it, then you've got a pretty good life. I'd say "cheezy" is a more appropriate descriptor of your post than the incident you relate. People amaze me sometimes.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 6:38 pm

Programs: United 1k ; SW A+ Preferred; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Is there a sadder tale in America today?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:42 am
Uli

i dont understand why you dont take the poster seriously.

first all, there are many more important things in the world, yes ... but this is true for 100% of all questions asked/discussed in flyertalk.

if you dont want to contribute to the topic, why dont you just leave it and read something else? obviously you also have nothing more important to do .......

-------
back to topic:

this is not something that should happen in a hilton hotel. clear statement. being from europe and spoiled by hiltons in europe and asia, i can also see that many hiltons in the USA do not seem to deserve this brandname anymore. paper napkins in a four or five star hotel is a clear no-go. if they have to cut the cost down like this, in a way that the consumer actually can see, then you have the full right to assume that they have already cut down the cost to a minimum behind the scenes ... so dont expect them to spend the necessary money on cleaning, etc ...
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:09 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Paper napkins much more practical for squeezing the grease out of the sausage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.