Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:01 am

confused, no availability for points booking at any 'suite' hotels. Orlando Aug 2020

Hi

Ive got enough points now to book a suite for August 23rd to 29th and had been planning to book at Doubletree suites by hilton- disney springs area.
We had looked many times and could have booked these dates for 2019 at almost anytime over the previous 8 months in any of the room types it seemed LOTS of availability.

I then looked at other suite options and did various searches for single nights... and most if not all show no availability for any rooms at all even for single nights during August(i get its busy but none of the following even a single room for a single night!?)
embassy suites international drive, embassy suites I drive 360, hampton inn and suites international drive N, Home2Suites near universal, Hampton inn and suites John Young Pkwy, Home2suites orlando south park.
ALL 0 availbility?

all of the other hotels... everything is available.

Can anyone shed any light on this? i fel like they havnt released rooms but the diamond desk said they definitely have.

Should I change my holiday plans or keep trying?

My back up is the Park Soleil king studio but at 69k points a night its more than double the doubletree(ha) and isnt a disney partner hotel!

If anyone can shed any light on this its much appreciated.

Ta
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
You’re looking at almost a year in advance. You could try calling up a property and checking directly. Unless there is an event there, it might just be they forgot to open up the inventory. The rooms are open for sale?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:51 am

Yeh I assumed it would be best to book as early as possible?
They only show the diamond room guarantee option no rooms for sale either at any of them, and I checked using a third party company they also show 0 rooms available at any of them.

But the Hilton booking agent on call said if i'm seeing the diamond guarantee that they have definitely released rooms so must be sold out?!

I think your probably right ill try calling them. With Hilton US hotels whats best number for the actual hotel as opposed to a call centre?(Im in UK) is it teh one I see in the app?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Stustaff
Yeh I assumed it would be best to book as early as possible?
They only show the diamond room guarantee option no rooms for sale either at any of them, and I checked using a third party company they also show 0 rooms available at any of them.

But the Hilton booking agent on call said if i'm seeing the diamond guarantee that they have definitely released rooms so must be sold out?!

I think your probably right ill try calling them. With Hilton US hotels whats best number for the actual hotel as opposed to a call centre?(Im in UK) is it teh one I see in the app?
I’d call a non toll free number. Using Skype or similar, the cost should be minimal, 1-2 cents per minute. Or get a google voice number, which should offer free calls.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
I think going to Orlando in August is literally hell on earth. One billion degrees.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Hi, Stustaff.

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

There probably is tour group blocking the rooms. I've seen this before in resort locations. They may open up in the future. As a backup, you could book the Parc Soleil for $102- per night right now on the "Semi-Flex" rate and cancel once you find an acceptable award reservation.

Good Luck!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:29 am

its not ideal I grant you.
But its the only time with a school kid we can do over three weeks and I dont actually dislike our routine-

7am room breakfast and go to earliest park
12- lunch table service(also known as ahhh aircon)
14:00- relax in room/pool or snooze
17:00- leave for parks
23:00- back to room.

Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:30 am

we have a 1 bed king suite at parc soleil in reserve on semi flex but that showed at $149 for us or 61,000 points.
I currently did it with points but need to decide if Im sticking with that idea.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
we have a 1 bed king suite at parc soleil in reserve on semi flex but that showed at $149 for us or 61,000 points.
I currently did it with points but need to decide if Im sticking with that idea.
I see, I made a mistake by looking at a studio not a suite. Well, good luck with this.

IME, properties that have been totally booked a year out usually open more inventory later.

Last edited by zombietooth; Sep 8, 2019 at 9:53 am
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
its not ideal I grant you.
But its the only time with a school kid we can do over three weeks and I dont actually dislike our routine-

7am room breakfast and go to earliest park
12- lunch table service(also known as ahhh aircon)
14:00- relax in room/pool or snooze
17:00- leave for parks
23:00- back to room.

Having done Disney with kiddos several times and having stayed on Disney property and at the HIlton Bonnet Creek - be prepared not to go back to the park after you finally make it to your room. When we stayed at the HBC - with a designated bus, it took about an hour of travel to get back at night. Getting to the park at rope drop is also a commitment - setting alarms for 6 a.m. or something else ungodly - maybe even earlier now that they have early early morning hours. We would stay at park until 5 or 6 and then hit a big wall. There is no way we could go back to hotel off site, nap or lay around, and then go back to park until 11 p.m. with the expectation of doing it again 8 hours later. When we stayed at the Contemporary, it was a 10 minute trip back to hotel which was a game changer for sure.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:24 pm

i fel like they havnt released rooms but the diamond desk said they definitely have.
No one you can talk to at Hilton can see actual availability at any hotel. They have no of knowing if a hotel is legitimately sold out or if they are full due to something like a group holding a block of rooms. (Someone high up at the Corporate Office like a Regional Revenue Manager probably has that power. But, you'll never be able to call and speak to that person.)

The allocation of room inventory is handled by each individual hotel. The total number of available rooms, the level of overbooking (if any), and specific rate/stay controls (like minimum night requirements) are all proprietary information that is closely guarded. It doesn't get shared with other hotels or "regular" employees at the hotel chain for a variety of reasons.

If you want the real answer as to why you don't see rooms, you'll need to contact each individual hotel.

Ive got enough points now to book a suite for August 23rd to 29th and had been planning to book at Doubletree suites by hilton- disney springs area.
This is my go-to hotel when I need to be in the area for work or for a Disney World visit. It's a well-run hotel that is good about responding to emails. Typically, you'll get an answer without hours (during "normal" business hours). If not, they respond the next business day.

Their contact information including their public email address is posted on the DoubleTree Suites page of the marketing association website for the Disney Springs Hotels:

https://disneyspringshotels.com/hote...isney-springs/

Last edited by writerguyfl; Sep 8, 2019 at 2:25 pm Reason: Fixing quotations.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 3:50 pm

Suggestion on best Hilton property in Orlando

Using a free weekend night certificate in March next year. Probably going to use it at Waldorf Astoria hotel, unless someone thinks one of the other properties is much better. I figured the higher end hotel brand is usually the best option.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 4:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 3:38 am

I love the Waldorf and Hilton Grand Vacation Tuscany Village
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by delphi
Using a free weekend night certificate in March next year. Probably going to use it at Waldorf Astoria hotel, unless someone thinks one of the other properties is much better. I figured the higher end hotel brand is usually the best option.
Waldorf is by far the best for the Hilton properties in Orlando. If you have kids, take advantage of the pool next door at the Hilton, which is a stated benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.