Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Undocumented Amenity - Free Parking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2004, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver

I've noticed something on my last few stays that isn't documented anywhere in the HHonors Terms & Conditions, but appears to be that norm at a few properties at least.

I've stayed at the Hilton San Diego Resort twice and the Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown once since mid-October. Both hotels have a $10 daily parking charge. When I left the SD Resort in October I noticed that they hadn't charged me the parking fee, although they had given me a parking pass for which I had to sign an acknowlegement of the fee. Checking into the downtown Hampton last week the helpful clerk mentioned that I'd get free parking in recognition of my Diamond status, and again at the SD Resort last week the parking charge never showed up on my bill.

I have been charged for parking at a Doubletree near SFO, so apparently it's not universal.

Anyone else know of other Hilton Family hotels that give a Diamond free parking? Is it too much too hope that the NYC Millenium has this perk?
Old Feb 11, 2004, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I've *never* seen this before.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pdhenry:
Is it too much too hope that the NYC Millenium has this perk?</font>
Yes!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Dia
Was charged parking at the San Diego Resort on a GLONP as a Diamond in May. Maybe a new benefit there, or inconsistent.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I paid your parking.

Feel free to pay mine on a future stay.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA, Hilton, Thrifty, National, Marriott
As a diamond at the EWR Airport Hilton, I get a sticker for my parking ticket that makes the $9 outdoor parking free. I think it must be a hotel by hotel, because I know the Chicago properties will happily charge you their outrageous parking fees, regardless of status.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 11:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
On my one stay as a Diamond at the SEA Hilton I didn't get charged for parking. I used the valet and mentioned this at the front desk when I checked in, thinking that they would add the charge to my bill. The nice young man said something like "Let me take care of that for you" with a smile on his face. I didn't get charged at all for it. Maybe the guy was just being nice or maybe it's policy there.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Silver
For all the times that I haven't received the "Hampton Touch" (which, come to think of it, includes the San Diego stay in my original post) an unexpected gift like complimentary parking now and again certainly helps make up for it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.