Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Bologna {ITA} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2008, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt

Will be staying at the HGI in Bologna and arriving Bologna by train. Tried to look up contact email for HGI but could not find it. Does anyone know how to get to the hotel from the Bologna central station using local transportation or the email address for the hotel? Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
wow nice to know there's now a new HGI in Bologna. Try www.viamichelin.com for a better map. HGI does seem a bit far out to be convienient. One option, where I usually stay is the Best Western Hotel Maggiore, its a small basic but very clean hotel in a great location. 3 min cab from main rail station, has a supermarket around the corner..also a great bistro next to the supermarket. Has a very good breakfast spread. They also let you use their bicycles for free. only 3/4 of a mile to the centro. cheers
Old May 11, 2010, 8:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Hilton Garden Inn BLQ

A new HGI has just opened in San Lazzaro di Savena, just outside of Bologna. I snagged two nights this week for €67 per night for a very comfortable room. Was quite impressed with the service and hospitality.
Old May 11, 2010, 9:18 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by danville 1K
A new HGI has just opened in San Lazzaro di Savena, just outside of Bologna.
Always good to see a post on a new property. How was the breakfast, any parking charge, ease of parking, public transportation stop?

perhaps a mod could put "Bologna Italy" in addition to the airport code in the thread title for searching purposes@:-)

--

Last edited by Sweet Willie; May 11, 2010 at 9:26 pm
Old May 12, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by danville 1K
A new HGI has just opened in San Lazzaro di Savena, just outside of Bologna. I snagged two nights this week for €67 per night for a very comfortable room. Was quite impressed with the service and hospitality.
It opened about two years ago...

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Always good to see a post on a new property. How was the breakfast, any parking charge, ease of parking, public transportation stop?

perhaps a mod could put "Bologna Italy" in addition to the airport code in the thread title for searching purposes@:-)

--
No need, see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-bologna.html

Anyway the hotel is quite distant from the airport, so the use of BLQ is improper... maybe this thread could be merged into the old one.
Old May 12, 2010, 2:25 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aldebaran
No need, see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...n-bologna.html

Anyway the hotel is quite distant from the airport, so the use of BLQ is improper... maybe this thread could be merged into the old one.
good idea^, I assumed there wasn't another thread as the OP stated a "New HGI has just opened"
Old May 12, 2010, 2:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Sorry, I didn't go back far enough to find the other post. The hotel doesn't appear to be two years old, my error.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Hilton Garden Inn Bologna {ITA} (no longer HHonors)

I just tried to make a reservation in May for the HGI, Bologna and is shows no availability of rooms. Then I scrolled back and it shows that starting March there is no availability of rooms and continues thay way into May. Does anyone know what this means? Is there a website problem or is the HGI going away via rebranding or bankruptcy? I highly doubt it is fully book for that long of a period of time.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:42 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
With all the reported IT glitches, the first thing I would do now is call HH.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Just heard back from Hilton UK in message who said, " The hotel to which you are referring is no longer a member of the Hilton Family of hotels". Guess that answers that.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: LT Platinum Marriott/Starwood; Exec Plat AA; LT Plat AA
Bummer, that was a really nice HGI!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by ernie8575
Just heard back from Hilton UK in message who said, " The hotel to which you are referring is no longer a member of the Hilton Family of hotels". Guess that answers that.
CORRECT!
I called the hotel ... I actually liked it a lot .... soon it will be HOTEL UNAWAY with a new owner.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by USAFAN
CORRECT!
I called the hotel ... I actually liked it a lot .... soon it will be HOTEL UNAWAY with a new owner.
I called the hotel as well, since I already had previously booked reservations for early April. The reception said they would honor the booking and rate. I'll have to sort out the HH points with the DD, but at least we have a place to stay!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I called the hotel as well, since I already had previously booked reservations for early April. The reception said they would honor the booking and rate. I'll have to sort out the HH points with the DD, but at least we have a place to stay!
Great! We have stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel is really very good. We had a car and parking is free. However, when we went to Bologna we went by bus ... just in front of the hotel.

We went several times to http://www.ristorantecanet.it/
Hotel Restaurant Cane' at Dozza (Bo), between Imola and Bologna

"....Dozza is an Italian comune in the province of Bologna. Dozza is known for its festival of the painted wall, which takes place every two years. During this festival, famous national and international artists paint steady works on the walls of the houses. A local landmark is the Sforza's Castle, which hosts the regional winebar of the Emilia-Romagna....."
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by USAFAN
Great! We have stayed at this hotel several times. The hotel is really very good. We had a car and parking is free. However, when we went to Bologna we went by bus ... just in front of the hotel.

We went several times to http://www.ristorantecanet.it/
Hotel Restaurant Cane' at Dozza (Bo), between Imola and Bologna

"....Dozza is an Italian comune in the province of Bologna. Dozza is known for its festival of the painted wall, which takes place every two years. During this festival, famous national and international artists paint steady works on the walls of the houses. A local landmark is the Sforza's Castle, which hosts the regional winebar of the Emilia-Romagna....."
Thanks USAFAN. Appreciate the recommendation! We will be eating our way through Italy!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.