Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

50% Bonus on Base Points instead of Points and Airline Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

New offer on hilton hhonors site-50% bonus on base points instead of airline miles for March-May.
https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/50percentbonus/
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:06 pm

THANKS!!

Not as good as last years double base points from 6/1/02-12/31/02 but still great. Made an extra 150,000 points last year with the deal.

marc
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:21 pm
Suspended

I don't know. This doesn't sound too good.

I still want my 500 FFmiles. Assuming that 1000 base points per stay + 50% = 1500 base points. I can transfer 500 miles to 1000 points (when I get it up to say 5000 miles for 10000 points). That would still be more points the original way.

Nope, not signing up for that one. I'll still DOUBLE DIP. Unless, I'm going to stay at a Hampton the last week in May. ^_^

[This message has been edited by SHADO (edited 02-28-2003).]
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Do the bonus point count as base points?
Old Feb 28, 2003, 5:39 pm

My usual stay is 3 nights at $150 per night. Add telephone charges and an occassional meal and we are talking about 4600-4700 base points per stay. 50% would be around 2300 points. For me, that is better than 500 miles. I agree that each of us have to determine whether this is a good deal based on our own circumstances.

marc
Old Feb 28, 2003, 6:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fromYXU:
Do the bonus point count as base points?</font>
Methinks the answer to thy query is in the query itself.

Old Feb 28, 2003, 6:34 pm
    FlyerTalk Evangelist
    IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
    For Hampton/Scandic this seems even better -- surprised they haven't restricted those!
    Old Feb 28, 2003, 7:03 pm

points scrounger, why?

marc
    Old Feb 28, 2003, 7:07 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
    Hampton/Scandic only give 100 miles per stay, compared with 500 at all the other properties.

(Those numbers vary slightly among a few airlines. http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/points/miles.jhtml)

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 02-28-2003).]
    Old Feb 28, 2003, 7:21 pm

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
    Thanks for the post.

At least you don't have to be "targeted" for such offers like you have to for Delta.
    Old Feb 28, 2003, 7:42 pm

of course, i remember now.

thanks,
    marc
    Old Feb 28, 2003, 8:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
    And hey -- look like you can turn the bonus on and off to match your travel plans:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Members can change their earning style preference during the offer period, however, once a change has been made, the new earning style will be applied to future stays during the offer period only. No changes can be made for past stays.</font>
    Old Mar 1, 2003, 5:46 am

Email from Hilton - choose between 500 miles or 50% extra Hhonors points

Just received the following email:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
    Dear Wingnut,

Big news! Now you can decide how you want to be rewarded for your Hilton HHonors® stays!

You can choose to earn a 50% bonus on your Base points instead of Points & Miles® for your HHonors stays between March 1 and May 31, 2003. This means you'll earn your regular HHonors Base points for your stays, plus a 50% bonus on all of those Base points, instead of earning airline miles.

Choose to earn either:

--10 HHonors Base points per eligible US dollar and 500 miles*
    -or-
    --15 HHonors points per eligible US dollar and no miles**

Just visit http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/50percentbonus, enter your HHonors account number and PIN or your username and password, and select "earn 50% bonus on Base points"!

It's your choice - at more than 2,400 Hilton HHonors hotels worldwide.

Remember, Hilton HHonors is the only hotel reward program to let you Double Dip® to earn both Points & Miles at more than
    2,400 hotels worldwide including Hilton®, Conrad®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®,
    Hilton Garden Inn®, Homewood Suites by Hilton® and Scandic hotels. And now, you can choose to earn a 50% bonus on your
    HHonors Base points for each stay,instead of earning airline miles.

Visit http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/50percentbonus now to choose to earn a 50% bonus on your HHonors Base points! If you do not go
    online and select "earn 50% bonus on Base points", you will continue to earn Points & Miles for your HHonors stays.

* Or equivalent; 100 miles or equivalent at Hampton and Scandic hotels
    ** 10 Base points plus five bonus points
    </font>
    Old Mar 1, 2003, 5:54 am

It must be targeted. It won't accept my number.
    Old Mar 1, 2003, 5:56 am
    FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
    Must be targeted... I get an error message "there is an error with your account" when I register.

Mary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.