Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Properties At or Near Ski Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2002, 7:49 am
Original Poster

I noticed there is a Homewood Suites opening at the base of Mont Tremblant. I thought it might be useful to get a list going of properties near ski resorts for point earning or reward potential as we ski! (We can't always lounge at the Hilton Waikoloa on our vacations .

Ones I know of offhand

Mont Tremblant--Homewood Suites
Lake Placid-Hilton
Lake Tahoe (Heavenly)Embassy Suites
Park City Hampton Inn

I know there is the HGVC at Breckenridge, but it does not participate in HHonors.

Other to add??
I know Marriott has Hilton beat hands down here!
Old Dec 4, 2002, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Durango, CO, where most of the lodging/nightlife is located for Durango Mountain Resort (formerly Purgatory) has both a Hampton and a Doubletree.

Steamboat Springs, CO has a Hampton.
Old Dec 4, 2002, 10:07 am

There is a Homewood Suites in Midvale Utah (on the outskirts of Salt Lake City) that is about 15 miles to Snowbird Ski Resort (a few more to Alta Ski Resort). Most of the SLC Hilton Properties are within a 45 minute drive to several good ski resorts.
Old Dec 4, 2002, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Great thread, thanks for starting this. Are there any Conrads at Ski Resorts?
Old Dec 6, 2002, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
(bump) Is that all?
Old Dec 6, 2002, 12:03 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
You can add the Innsbruck (Austria) Hilton ...

Old Dec 6, 2002, 12:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
There are two Embassy Suites in Lake Tahoe. One is near Heavenly and the other is located right next to the border of CA and NV.
Old Dec 6, 2002, 12:52 pm

There is a new HGVC property in Breckenridge CO
Old Dec 18, 2002, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by francophile:
There are two Embassy Suites in Lake Tahoe. One is near Heavenly and the other is located right next to the border of CA and NV. </font>
The one near Heavenly is actually an Embassy Vacation Resorts and does not participate in the HHonors program.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 12:49 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JerryFF:
The one near Heavenly is actually an Embassy Vacation Resorts and does not participate in the HHonors program.</font>
Not quite - there is an ES there as well that does participate. I've stayed there within the last three months and it was quite nice.

Mike
Old Dec 19, 2002, 8:13 am

Coincidentally, I called last night to inquire about awards for next week at both the ES Tahoe properties. Awards were available, and they are both premium properties.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Wow--awards during Christmas week at Lake Tahoe. Maybe next year! I am getting a reward stay at the Hampton Inn in Park City next week--coupled with Delta flight awards!! Yeah! And it finally snowed!

BTW, this list of properties near ski resorts is rather pathetic isn't it? C'mon Hilton!!
Old Dec 19, 2002, 11:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by luv2go:
Wow--awards during Christmas week at Lake Tahoe. Maybe next year! I am getting a reward stay at the Hampton Inn in Park City next week--coupled with Delta flight awards!! Yeah! And it finally snowed!
</font>
Well not quite "Christmas" but I was checking for 12/27-1/1. I tried to get an award at the Park City property but there weren't any available.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 12:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">BTW, this list of properties near ski resorts is rather pathetic isn't it? C'mon Hilton!![/B]</font>
True, which is why I like Starwood a bit more. Howevever, their list also lacks in some locations.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 7:26 am

Any others?

Last edited by goingnow; Mar 9, 2010 at 7:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.