Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton Inn upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2003, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HH Gold,Mariott Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Hampton Inn upgrade

Just made Gold status via 16 stays. I am booked at a hampton that actually has a suite w/whirlpool. I was suprised, as Hamptons usually have I type of room. The question I have is I booked a standard room, if availiable, do hamptons upgrade golds? I know they give you a free treat, but wasn't sure?
Old Nov 23, 2003, 4:15 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Totally up to the property, though of course it's not supposed to be that way. I've had the suite, robes, and the box of water and cookies and free breakfast, and I've had no recognition of it what so ever.

There's even one (Sturbridge, MA) that puts the names of the golds and diamonds staying with them that night up on the little plastic letter board. It's really freaky the first time to walk in and see

Hampton Inn gives a very special welcome
to
Jack Smith
Michael Cordelli
Janice Jones

So yes, there is a chance, but it's not a given.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 6:48 am

Hilton's upgrade policy excludes Hamptons (and Embassy's and Homewood Suites) but...I have had very good luck in being upgraded (as Gold) to 1 bedroom suites at several Hampton Inns. Very nice rooms with full kitchens, separate bedroom/living room and a couple bottles of water and cookies.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 4:37 pm

I stayed at three different Hampton Inns in the San Diego area last week as a Diamond and did not receive a suite upgrade at any hotel.

As was mentioned, it is based on the hotel and is not a guaranteed benefit, so if you receive an upgrade - great! If not, don't be too disappointed.

Good luck!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
I stayed at a HI and Suites 3 times near my home for a mattress run and received an upgrade to a very large one bedroom suite all 3 times by just asking at checkin. I reckon availability is the key. Full kitchen, 2 tvs and a vcr.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.