Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport (1st one) {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2000, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE

Just booked FLL Airport Hilton for October 21 for two nights on Priceline. $39.00/night plus taxes and fees. Lowest rate available thru their website $139./night. Gee Whiz!
Old Oct 18, 2000, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Great snagging.

I really am starting to like Priceline for hotels. Did 2 tonight. Got a Marriott in Chicago for $42 and a Double Tree in Seattle for $32. I tend not to start too low, as it can take a day to book something! It seems you often get them for a third the "lowest" rate. I got Westin LAX for $50 that the hotel told me lowball was $160 same night.

Would never even consider them for air tickets though.

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Oct 18, 2000, 9:33 am

I apologize for asking a question that has surely been covered before, but do you get points/miles for hotel stays booked thru Priceline and other such wholesalers?

Old Oct 18, 2000, 10:13 am

Not unless the hotel makes a mistake and gives them to you.

The general rule is, you get points/miles if you pay the hotel directly, but not if you pay a third party.
Old Oct 18, 2000, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Ozstamps:

I don't want to pry, but how do you get Priceline reservations from Sunny Sydney?

When I tried, they would not let me use a non-US address or non-US credit card - yet another punishment for not being a US resident!

(They are said to be starting up in the UK 'soon'.)
Old Oct 18, 2000, 6:00 pm

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
Hi!

if it does not give miles/points, then does it count as a qualiflying stay for Hotel's menership status?

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2000, 7:49 pm
MolsonMiler

I do not think Priceline care where the card is issued in, as long as it is valid.

[This message has been edited by MolsonMiler (edited 10-18-2000).]

Old Oct 18, 2000, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
HK-Umich .. the official party line is "NO". Last Priceline I stayed in was Westin LAX ($50!) last month. When checking out asked the desk lady if it would count as a stay to my Gold Starwood card. "Officially NO, but let me enter that up for you right now as a valid stay" was the pleasant response when I offered her my card. So the money SPENT with Priceline did not show as points (who cares about $50!), but the 15 bucks in the bar was logged in as part of a "valid room night stay" type deal.

It clearly is dependent on (a) luck (b) your manner of asking staffer (c) phases of the moon.

Roger. if you had an email address on your profile you'd not be prying, and you'd now know. Sorry, no offence, but anyone with no email address here does not "exist" to me.

------------------

------------------
~ Glen ~
Old Oct 19, 2000, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MolsonMiller:

The problem arises when you register - you need a US address, and only US states are accepted. I thought of London, England, California 00000 but decided against it.

When I e-mailed Priceline, they said they needed a US address and a US credit card, but they would start in Europe 'soon'.

Ozstamps:

Thanks. See profile.

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 10-19-2000).]
Old Oct 20, 2000, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to update previous post:

MolsonMiller: thanks to your helpful advice, I now have a remarkably priced booking for my next visit to LAX.

ozstamps: in spite of your advice, I found a way.
Old Oct 20, 2000, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I just tried Priceline and got the same Doubletree that ozstamps booked into but staying the night before he arrives. Paid $34.58 inc. taxes and fees (bid $25) thanks to a AmEx cardholder $20/nt bonus offer. Seeing what he paid, i think i paid way too much.

Couldn't get anything in FLL for the next night but got into the MIA Wyndham for a net of $31.15

Does Priceline send a physical confirmation or is all you need the confirmation no.?

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 10-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 10-20-2000).]
Old Feb 7, 2001, 1:39 pm

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport Trip Reports and Reviews

Sunday evening, after a flight back from the Bahamas, I was due to stay one night at the Airport Hilton, Ft. Lauderdale. After picking up my luggage, I called the hotel at 9:00 pm and requested a shuttle. The operator told me that a shuttle 'was on the way' and that it would take from '0 to 30 minutes' to pick me up. After 40 minutes I called back and asked again for a shuttle. I was again told that it was 'on the way'. After 1 hour, it finally came, picked us up (by that time, there were others waiting), and drove us the 1.5 miles to the hotel (7 minutes).

My complaint is that this is poor customer service and that the hotel lied to me about the shuttle being dispatched. If I would have been told that it was going to take one hour, I would have found an alternative way.

Why stay at this airport hotel, when it takes you 1-1/2 hours to get there??

And yes I am a HiltonHonors member....
Old Feb 7, 2001, 3:55 pm
DOC 2 BE

I would have immediately asked to speak to the manager and complained. As proof, I would have showed him my tix and challenged him to call the airline/airport to see when your plane came in, so as to verify your assertion. That is outrageous for a hotel to advertise itself and its proximity to the airport and then renege on same.

I would then have requested some sort of comp from a free dinner to the entire stay. I would still perhaps write a letter of complaint.

BTW, I like the handle!

Welcome to the Board!

[This message has been edited by DOC 2 BE (edited 02-07-2001).]

Old Sep 29, 2001, 7:45 am

Hilton FLL - Room Service Scam?

Stayed at the Fort Lauderdale airport Hilton
on Thursday night. I ordered room service
as the hotel was overrun with large roving,
running, screaming packs of [unsupervised]
children while the parents were attending
Yom Kippur celebrations.

Jorge arrived with my dinner, *INSISTING*
that I must pay with cash and nothing but
cash was acceptable. When I pressed for the
usual room-charge, he began mumbling about
"computer problems," then changed his story
saying that the Front Desk had instructed
that *I* was not permitted to make room
service charges.

As I picked up the phone and called the
front desk, he left the room very, very
hastily. The front desk indicated that
there was no restriction on my account re:
room charges ...

I am guessing that this was a scam attempt.
Anyone else had this experience at FLL?

-doug
Old Sep 29, 2001, 11:51 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Sounds like a scam. Instead of putting the order through their computer, they simply prepared the food and brought it to you. If you had paid cash, the money would have gone into his pocket and those in on the deal with him.

Slimy.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.