Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in China {CHN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in China {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by moa999
DT Hangzhou East also newish with amazing foyer and super high ceilings. Exec lounge looked good but checked in late. A bit further out, but again literally next to Metro station (Jinshahu Exit B1) and about half hour to West Lake.
Do you (or anyone else) know about the Hampton Inn, Hangzhou Binjiang? It looks closer to the city (Google maps puts it around 20 minutes and the Doubletree at 40 minutes), but it doesn't look like there is much around it. It is almost 1km from the nearest metro station (could be a bit inconvenient if it is raining).
The prices between the two are very similar, especially if I wanted to book a suite (both around US$150/night). The DT has the lounge. Is there anything (food-wise) near the DT?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:59 am

anyone have experience with HILTON NINGBO DONGQIAN LAKE RESORT?

I only have hilton honor gold, what are the chances for upgrades? Do i get the full breakfast buffet or just continental breakfast for free at this property? Planning a 2 night stay with family.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:32 am
Suspended

8 Days In China. Where to go?

We have about 8 days and are thinking of where to go (we have the return of the CX mistake fare to Hanoi). Was thinking of hitting up China for the week and wanted to get some input if possible?

We would go end of November and the first week of December. The wife and I have already done Beijing and Shanghai, so we would be looking to check out some other cities.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to which cities to check out, and any preferences to WA's, Conrads or regular Hiltons (some of the Hiltons look just as stunning as the WA's/Conrads)? Maybe do 3 nights in two different cities?

Or...maybe it will be way too cold to visit that time of the year?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
I had a great experience and suite upgrade at Hilton Xian. Would recommend and the Terracotta Warriors are superb.
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Was going to suggest Beijing since I've had some great treatment there but scratch that if you've already been. I know it's not mainland China but if you're looking for good hotels the Conrad in Macao has great reviews and seems like the closest thing to a suite upgrade at any Hilton property. The Conrad in Hong Kong is a bit older but very nice and has a great lounge. Weather will be much better than the mainland as well.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by earlyriser
I had a great experience and suite upgrade at Hilton Xian. Would recommend and the Terracotta Warriors are superb.
I also had a nice time and a good upgrade at the Hilton Xi’an, and loved the city but the Terracota warriors, in August was not a good experience, too hot and far too many visitors.

We liked very much the water cities near Shanghai and the Hiltons in Suzhou and Hangzhou treated us well. Also you could add easily Nanjing
earlyriser likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:23 pm

Just something very strange about these threads where people want to visit vast countries with some of the world's great civilizations...and plan it around the footprint of Western chain hotels.

How about asking a question like "What do I want to see before I die?" and then figuring out a way to make it happen?
moondog likes this.

Last edited by arlflyer; Aug 3, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Just something very strange about these threads where people want to visit vast countries with some of the world's great civilizations...and plan it around the footprint of Western chain hotels.

How about asking a question like "What do I want to see before I die?" and then figuring out a way to make it happen?
This is a Hilton Hotels forum and the OP is probably looking to add to his stash of Hilton points / stays. For a hotel neutral discussion, the China section of FT's Destinations forum would perhaps be the place to go
strickerj and earlyriser like this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by arlflyer

My thoughts, exactly. Sure, most second tier and some third tier cities have Hiltons, but the idea of crafting a vacation around them seems a bit strange to me.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by puchong
This is a Hilton Hotels forum and the OP is probably looking to add to his stash of Hilton points / stays. For a hotel neutral discussion, the China section of FT's Destinations forum would perhaps be the place to go
Exactly that!
strickerj likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by moondog
My thoughts, exactly. Sure, most second tier and some third tier cities have Hiltons, but the idea of crafting a vacation around them seems a bit strange to me.
Did you read my thread correctly? If you had done so, you would have noticed I asked first, which cities are best to visit? I then asked which properties within those cities are worth staying at.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I did read your OP, but this is the Hilton forum, not really a great place to ask about destinations in general.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Stayed 3 nights at the Canopy Chengdu and it was one of the nicest hotels I’ve ever been to. City itself was better than I thought and who doesn’t love pandas!!
bambinomartino likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
For me Sichuan is a top destination because of the food, but there are many places worth seeing. Chengdu is a lovely city, with a very different vibe than other large Chinese cities, with a very nice Hilton. Mind you, I am a budget traveler who at the time had access to the Friends and Family program, so my standards may not be as lofty as yours.

The Leshan Giant Buddha is an easy day trip from Chengdu. Mount Emei is not too far either and definitely worth visiting. Have not been to Chongqing but have heard good things from Chinese family and friends.

The highlight of our Sichuan trip was Jiuzhaigou National Park and Huanglong Valley. If you do a Google images search you'll see some stunning photos, and those places are just as spectacular in person. We were there in October of 2016, and the Hilton Jiuzhaigou Resort was mere weeks from opening, so we could not stay there but it seems quite nice as well. Not sure if Nov/Dec is too late weather-wise, as this area is very high in the mountains. One additional treat was flying in and out of Jiuzhai Huanglong Airport at an altitude of over 11,000 feet.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:01 pm

It really depends on what you are into for traveling. You can go Xi'an-Chengdu-Guilin or Suzhou-Hangzhou-Huangshan then to south China for warmer whether.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.