Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Should a Diamond take over Reg Reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat

Hi we have a family gathering on Oahu. My brother and his wife made a reservation at the HGVC for a 2 BR gardenview lagoon suite. They are regular HHonors members.

Should I (or could I) as a Diamond take over the reservation to get my Diamond benefits?

How would I do this? Simply switch credentials at check in or should I call the Diamond desk beforehand and take over the reservation. Is that possible or would I have them cancel and then rebook?

I don't see any downside to this and there is no problem sharing costs.

Jim
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:29 am

If your family members agree and you are attending you can call to change to primary name on the reservation to yours and add your diamond number.

You can add them as additional guest, in case they are checking in at a separate time. If they are wanting they own credit they can place their name and their hhonors account number on their room when the arrive at the hotel.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
If you are staying in the suite or another suite at the same hotel it shouldn't be a problem to have you added to the reservation and add your Hhonors number. To get points and stay credit you will need to pay the entire bill(s) and have your bro pay you back.

If you are not staying in the suite or at the hotel, then what you are asking is against the terms and conditions that Hilton sets out.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Oh, I'm there! Wouldn't miss it.

Gotta shepherd my cranky Dad!

No worries on costs / sharing.

Jim
Old Feb 7, 2012, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Called the Diamond Desk and they switched the reservation to me without any fuss.

As someone pointed out, they do require the telephone # from the original booking for verification.

Thanks All and Aloha

PS HHV is -sold out- for school break. The Doubletree and Embassy Suites have a limited selection of rooms for awards. Oh, and Hotwire currently has the BEST rates on car rentals for HNL; 75% off even Costco Travel Rates. Booked a full size for about $230, nine days and it came out Alamo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.