Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:35 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Another option might be the Swan or Dolphin hotels. You can use SPG points to stay there and they are walking distance to a couple of parks and the Disney Boardwalk area. I think they are 10K points/night (or 40K for a 5 night stay.) If you don't have the points, live in the US, and don't already have a couple of Starwood Amex's, you could try that route. Their location is great, the hotels are great and you get to use the real Disney bus system. I do believe you could get 2 Amex's each with a 25K bonus which would be more than enough for your room.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by TTT103
I do have HHonors Gold, and will likely fall short of Platinum by the time I go.
I've stayed at the Hilton LBV 4-5 times in the past 18 months as Gold. You will get lounge access to get your continental breakfast. They have always been sticklers about only giving a 1 category room upgrade. Although not documented on the website, they do discount the resort fee for Gold and Platinum. I think it's a $10 discount...but don't quote me on that.

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Unfortunately, the Disney buses that will pick you up at Downtown Disney will only take you to other Disney hotels. So if you want to go to one of the parks that way, you have to take a bus to a Disney hotel and then wait for a park bus to come to that hotel and then take it.
For Epcot, you can use the Swan/Dolphin/Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach bus from Downtown Disney Marketplace. It's a bit of a hike, but you can walk from any of those resorts to Epcot via the International Gateway entrance.

For Magic Kingdom, you can take Disney transportation from Downtown Disney to Disney's Contemporary Resort. It's a short walk to the Magic Kingdom. That's always quicker because it avoids the need for the monorail or ferry from the Ticket/Transportation Center. (Although, for first time visitors, the ferry ride is pretty neat.)

For Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom, I've found that the Downtown Disney bus is the quickest.

Originally Posted by ScrodmanFL
Also, have you compared rates to the new(er) Hilton at Bonnet Creek?
Shuttle service from this hotel and the adjacent Waldorf is not good. It varies from every 30 minutes to every 2 hours, depending on the destination. They publish their shuttle times here:

http://www.bonnetshuttle.com

Originally Posted by TTT103
I've never stayed at any of WDW's budget properties and was wondering for those who have, if there are any opinions between staying at the Hilton versus the All Stars. Pricing is coming out about the same.
I used to be a trainer at the Disney Reservations Center. One of my tasks was to give property tours to new Cast Members. The All Star properties are motel-quality rooms with extensive theming. They are very small and lack things like closet-doors. Since the resorts are so large, the walk from your room to anywhere can seem endless.

The Hilton LBV is an average hotel...but, it is a hotel and not a motel. The rooms are good-sized. The furnishing are nice but generic. Hands down, the Hilton's location is superior to the All Stars because you are across the street from dozens of shops and restaurants.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:08 am

I am overwhelmed by the responses and all the good information.

While I also thought about redeeming Starpoints for either the Swan or Dolphin, it's just me going, and would rather not use the points, as the rates at the Hilton and All Stars are low. With that said, you've given me enough information to give the Hilton a shot. While the WDW transportation might be notches up from the Hilton, I'm up at the crack of dawn anyway, so have no problem hopping on the first shuttle to the parks and playing with WDW transportation for the balance of the day. In addition, I'm concerned that the All Stars might be a highly themed Motel 6.

Again, thanks to all of you for your insight. I really appreciate the assistance.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:59 am

Orlando Downtown Disney Hilton?

I am lowly blue, but will hit Gold soon.

Often stay at the Hilton in the Downtown Disney area. Booked a standard room for just one night tomorrow. In the past they have always upgraded my room there to higher floor/view/larger room without having to ask.

Received my room assignment this morning via email. It's on the executive floor. Not sure if that translates to much of anything specifically for me being blue, unless the rooms are bigger/nicer.

Curious, does Hilton do a voucher or coupon for breakfast if eligible? If so, that would save me from embarrassing myself asking at check-in

TIA
Old May 14, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Per T&C's, if you're upgraded to the EL floor, you automatically get access to the lounge. Unless you don't like the breakfast offerings there, no need to request breakfast vouchers.

Originally Posted by keishashadow
I am lowly blue, but will hit Gold soon.

Often stay at the Hilton in the Downtown Disney area. Booked a standard room for just one night tomorrow. In the past they have always upgraded my room there to higher floor/view/larger room without having to ask.

Received my room assignment this morning via email. It's on the executive floor. Not sure if that translates to much of anything specifically for me being blue, unless the rooms are bigger/nicer.

Curious, does Hilton do a voucher or coupon for breakfast if eligible? If so, that would save me from embarrassing myself asking at check-in

TIA
Old May 14, 2015, 11:38 am

Even as a Diamond, I didn't ask nor did I receive any breakfast vouchers. The lounge which you should have access to (since you have been upgraded) was more than sufficient for a quick breakfast before heading to the parks.
Old May 14, 2015, 12:23 pm

/\ thanks, will mosey on down to lounge on floor. worst thing they can do is turn me away.

Wondering if they 'card' at the lounge. I lost my honors card, any idea if i should print copy of it?
Old May 14, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
IIRC, if you have lounge access, your room key will unlock the door. No one is 'carded'. You may want to ask at check in to ensure your key will get you in the lounge.
Old May 14, 2015, 7:20 pm

thanks again
Old May 14, 2015, 8:12 pm

If I remember correctly, none of the floors are designated as an executive level. As Smaug indicted, the lounge is only accessible via key-card. The fact that your room shares the floor with the lounge isn't going to matter. Blue or Silver HHonors members shouldn't expect to get lounge access or free breakfast at this property.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Well it looks like this hotel is loosing a major benefit. No more Extra Magic Hours for stays past 31DEC.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trave...625-story.html

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Four Seasons opening?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Probably not. Hotels have to pay for the Disney benefits, such as extra magic hours. As a matter of fact, Four Seasons did not pay when they first opened. That may have changed since, but as of last fall, they had not.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Probably not. Hotels have to pay for the Disney benefits, such as extra magic hours. As a matter of fact, Four Seasons did not pay when they first opened. That may have changed since, but as of last fall, they had not.
Neither did the Waldorf and the new Hilton. However there are also rumors that Disney is getting rid of EMH overall (not just for non-Disney hotels) that I learned recently learned so it could be that as well.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:18 am

I've read some of those thoughts as well. Check out 3 Possible Futures of Extra Magic Hours at Walt Disney World
Old Jul 14, 2015, 5:46 pm

I was at WDW last week and also heard that Disney may be discontinuing or modifying EMH in the future. I'm not certain if the announcement by the Hilton has any relation, or if they simply decided that the economics no longer make sense for them.

What I will say is that the Hilton is showing its age, and rates were a fraction of what they were years ago. With that said, I was extremely pleased with my stay last week. As a Gold member, I was upgraded to a parlor room and was given access to the executive lounge. They did not discount the resort fee as others mentioned, but given what my rate was, I have no complaints.

Although a nice stay, I spent the prior week at the Hilton Orlando, which was many notches above the Hilton LBV in many ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.