Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Elara, Hilton Grand Vacations - Center Strip {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elara, Hilton Grand Vacations - Center Strip {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I didn't know any HGVC had a lounge.
HHV does. It's in the Grand Waikikian tower for early arrivals and people with flights later than checkout time. It has showers and computers and printers.

The other properties have lounges, too; but they only have couches, chairs, TV, tables, and sometimes a pool or ping pong table. No snacks or other amenities.

Last edited by linsj; Apr 2, 2012 at 9:43 am
Old Apr 2, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by linsj
HHV does. It's in the Grand Waikikian tower for early arrivals and people with flights later than checkout time. It has showers and computers and printers.
Hopefully they get it at Elara then. That would be great with all the Redeyes out of LAS. Be great for using the pool as well if they have showers.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
Thumbs down

"There's only ONE garbage can, and its TINY (the one in the bathroom)."

I thought this was odd too. The suite was huge and had one tiny plastic waste basket by the potty. I improvised with a plastic bag hanging in the door handle. It looks out of place given the mod/sleek look. Oh well, I hope Elara gets it right. This property has great potential.

I called DDesk today re: my missing credit for my stay here 12 days ago. DDesk manually entered the points and stay credit. I did not get Q1 bonus points and the ddesk rep insists that My Way bonus is 1000 pts and not 2000. I told him at HHonors website, under My Way, it says 2000 points for HGVC brand. Also, according to DDesk, even though this property is not in the opt out list for Q1 promo, they were not a Hilton property yet last Jan 1 at the beginning of the promo period so they were not on the opt out list. Nobody could tell me if they will be participating in future Q promos. I hate it when somebody pulls out a technicality on me like that.

Those who stayed there last Q1, did you get Q1 bonus points? I didnt.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by LedgeT
I'm not sure what you were expecting but Diamond benefits at HGVCs are 2000 bonus points and two bottles of water per stay.
Yeah. I didn't get the two bottles of water. That's what I meant. I should have clarified my posting. My bad.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by warreng24
Yeah. I didn't get the two bottles of water. That's what I meant. I should have clarified my posting. My bad.
I had to prompt the FD clerk at check-in and he promptly provided them... Maybe just part of the "learning" pains of switching to HH?

FYI, the water bottles were the DL plane sized kind - nothing to write home about.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pocahontas
I called DDesk today re: my missing credit for my stay here 12 days ago. DDesk manually entered the points and stay credit. I did not get Q1 bonus points and the ddesk rep insists that My Way bonus is 1000 pts and not 2000. I told him at HHonors website, under My Way, it says 2000 points for HGVC brand. Also, according to DDesk, even though this property is not in the opt out list for Q1 promo, they were not a Hilton property yet last Jan 1 at the beginning of the promo period so they were not on the opt out list. Nobody could tell me if they will be participating in future Q promos. I hate it when somebody pulls out a technicality on me like that.
Those who stayed there last Q1, did you get Q1 bonus points? I didnt.
I had to e-mail to get mine to post. Via e-mail, the DD stated that MyWay bonus was 1,000. I was already fighting to get the stay (due to one night being consecutive with another HH property) so I just let it go as I didn't want to risk getting the stay yanked completely.

The Q1 1,000 points per night automatically posted; however, my 5,000 for being over a weekend did not. The DD added those as a "service center adjustment" in the amount of 5,000 points. The "1,000 MyWay Points" were also added as a 1,000 "service center adjustment".

Everything else posted normally... Here's how it shook out:
SERVICE CENTER ADJUSTMENT 1,000
SERVICE CENTER ADJUSTMENT 5,000
Base Points - Hilton Grand Vacations Central Strip 16,160

50% BONUS ON BASE POINTS - Hilton Grand Vacations Central Strip 8,080

DIAMOND VIP BONUS - 50% 2011 - Hilton Grand Vacations Central Strip 8,080

2012 Q1 SYSTEMWIDE OFFER - 1K POINTS - Hilton Grand Vacations Central Strip 4,000

2012 Q1 DELTA AIRLINES OFFER - Hilton Grand Vacations Central Strip 2,012
Old Apr 3, 2012, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I had to prompt the FD clerk at check-in and he promptly provided them... Maybe just part of the "learning" pains of switching to HH?

FYI, the water bottles were the DL plane sized kind - nothing to write home about.
At the HGVC Flamingo, they had the same plane-sized bottles BUT they give you as many as you want, as often as you want and it is not restricted to HHonors elites.

(Incidentally, the one bedroom suites also have full kitchens as well as clothes washers and dryers.)
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Looking to book this HGVC in June solely for the purpose of earning nights(and points I suppose) to go for diamond, rather than staying at my usual MGM or MGM signature(mlife)... Looking at the 2 or 3 bedroom suite, but the 3 bedroom costs double the 2 bedroom... would be better off booking 2, 2 bedroom suites. I also have been reading that some 2 bedroom suites are actually a 1 bedroom suite with a 1 bedroom studio attached, and some are actually a 2 bedroom penthouse? Also been hearing that all the 3 and 4 bedroom suites are either a 2bedroom penthouse + 1 bedroom studio or a 2bedroom penthouse + 2x1 bedroom studios... My sources are all from PH Tower days, 2012.

If this is true.... the prices are a scam. It would be huge savings just to book a 2 bedroom suite and a 1 bedroom studio, the hotel charges you $300 extra just so you have the guaranteed attachment of the rooms. Wow

I am still looking forward to the property as it is smoke free as well!
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
I had to e-mail to get mine to post. Via e-mail, the DD stated that MyWay bonus was 1,000. I was already fighting to get the stay (due to one night being consecutive with another HH property) so I just let it go as I didn't want to risk getting the stay yanked completely.
Yeah my stay at Elara hasn't posted either. I had to call the Diamond Desk. TWICE. To get it sorted out. And I still didn't get the 2,000 bonus points. Too tired to call again about the 2,000 points. I try an email.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:47 am

I received an email today offering double HH points at Elara. I have never stayed at a HGVC property before so I'm wondering if participating in this offer would require me to sit through a sales presentation or if it's just a straight up hotel offer.

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by kenbo
I received an email today offering double HH points at Elara. I have never stayed at a HGVC property before so I'm wondering if participating in this offer would require me to sit through a sales presentation or if it's just a straight up hotel offer.

Thanks!
It's probably a regular hotel offer. I would make sure that is in addition to the double points you get as part of the q2 promo bonus. If you have to sit through a time share presentation and only get double points, the time share is REALLY screwing the people
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:07 pm

It's probably a regular hotel offer. I would make sure that is in addition to the double points you get as part of the q2 promo bonus. If you have to sit through a time share presentation and only get double points, the time share is REALLY screwing the people
Thanks. I read the T&C and don't see any mention of a sales presentation. That would have to be disclosed, wouldn't it?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I read the T&C and don't see any mention of a sales presentation. That would have to be disclosed, wouldn't it?
Yes. I just got that email for double points through 9/30/12. I wonder if you still get the q2 double points in addition to the double points from this offer. If so triple points is a good deal.

I am in Vegas next weekend and the HGVC beside the LVH is a lot cheaper than Elara so I am just going to stay there. I know the Elara is probably a nice property and right on the strip, but the Elara is over $170 a night and the Convention center is only $95 a night so isn't worth the difference for as little time as I will be in the room.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks!
One other problem I just found is this is a special rate code. If you click on the link to check for availability and enter the dates, if you are an AAA member and a corporate code if you have one, it brings back all the rates and for the weekend I checked it was $170 for AAA rate and $189 for the double points. $19 plus the extra tax isn't worth 1,890 HH points IMO.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 8:06 am

One other problem I just found is this is a special rate code. If you click on the link to check for availability and enter the dates, if you are an AAA member and a corporate code if you have one, it brings back all the rates and for the weekend I checked it was $170 for AAA rate and $189 for the double points. $19 plus the extra tax isn't worth 1,890 HH points IMO.
I noticed that too. On the dates I checked, the difference was about $40 for the Double Points vs. AAA. Bah!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.