Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Elara, Hilton Grand Vacations - Center Strip {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elara, Hilton Grand Vacations - Center Strip {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Currently here until Sunday. Will provide a more detailed write up once I return... But, so far, so good.....
Old Mar 23, 2012, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by LedgeT
Currently here until Sunday. Will provide a more detailed write up once I return... But, so far, so good.....
Enjoy. It's a good property. The views definitely make up for any downs ^

On another note, I didn't fancy the black toilets too much though.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Enjoy. It's a good property. The views definitely make up for any downs ^

On another note, I didn't fancy the black toilets too much though.
Great stay thus far... I like the toilets being black since it's a change from the norm; however, we've had some minor plumbing issues which required "multiple flushes". Nothing to complain about, though.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
just completed a 3 nite stay, upgraded to i br suite executive floor on 56th. suite was big, kitchen, dining table for 4, washer in the bathroom. windows galore, my room is overlooking the eiffel tower of paris. great views. on the negative, they are still setting up business center but i was told they will have one. hotel is connected to miracle mile mall so easy to find a place to eat, altho the restos here tend to me low to mid range. no fancy, zagat rated restos. you have to go to city center or crystal center for the fancy dining places, which isnt far, about half a mile away on harmon street.

overall, i'd give them another shot next month. just booked my stay in april, they have a double hhonor points promo and i didnt see them in the opt out list for Q2 promo, so that means i get triple points and another 2000 hgvc my way bonus pts.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 9:01 pm

Great stay thus far... I like the toilets being black since it's a change from the norm; however, we've had some minor plumbing issues which required "multiple flushes". Nothing to complain about, though.
Hmm IIRC the water pressure in general was on the low end in Elara (then PH Towers). So it's not only you with the 'plumbing' issues!
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Pool

Can anyone tell me how good the pool is? And has anyone stayed there when it was PH during pool season?

I love using the pool in the right climate when I am in Vegas. Old LVH has a nice pool but it is usually so crowded. Prefer properties with deep pools but those are harder and harder to find.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Can anyone tell me how good the pool is? And has anyone stayed there when it was PH during pool season?

I love using the pool in the right climate when I am in Vegas. Old LVH has a nice pool but it is usually so crowded. Prefer properties with deep pools but those are harder and harder to find.
The pool is nice. It is basically adjacent to the front desk area which is on the second level of the property.

During our stay (21-25 MAR 2012) the pool wasn't overcrowded; however, if the Elara is completely full then I could foresee problems finding chairs and seats. There is a towel stand that you must flash your room key at and they will allow entry and hand you a towel.

No outside alcohol allowed at the pool (unless you sneak it in) and of course no glass. Pool area has a bar that has the typical libations -- bucket of 5 sixteen ounce Bud Lights ran $30 plus tip.

Cabanas available for rent for the day. We did not inquire about rates since we had no interest in them.

The pool area is set up in a manner that they could add lounge chairs if the demand is there; however, it would still be rather full if the property is full. I inquired at the front desk if that was the only pool or if access is granted to other (PH?) pools... No go on that idea.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by EmAAx

Never stayed at Hilton Grand Vacations. Do you earn points for incidentals?
Yes, you do. I have stayed twice so far at the HGV Flamingo and found that not could I make room charges (and get points) for what I bought in their shop but also for what I bought in many of the shops/restaurants in the Flamingo itself (but not at other Harrah's properties).

All that said, I really don't urge anyone who is a Total Rewards member to stay at a HGV unless he needs a suite. TR members can usually get very good prices (I just spent 8 nights at the Paris, was comped for five of them, charged $90 per night for the other three, and was surprised when I not only got an upgrade to a corner mini-suite but one which was in their "P" group.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:22 pm

One Other Comment

FYI, at check out this morning (25 MAR 2012), I was advised to hang on to a copy of the folio in case points do not post. The front desk agent stated that the systems are still being swapped over and that points must be manually posted after check out... So, just a heads up for anyone headed there. This may also be the reason that you can't currently book this property using HH Points.

We had a great stay! Would highly recommend and go back for sure!!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond, spg gold, mileage plus 1K, a nobody with delta skymiles
FYI, at check out this morning (25 MAR 2012), I was advised to hang on to a copy of the folio in case points do not post. The front desk agent stated that the systems are still being swapped over and that points must be manually posted after check out... So, just a heads up for anyone headed there. This may also be the reason that you can't currently book this property using HH Points.

We had a great stay! Would highly recommend and go back for sure!!
You are well advised by the person who checked you out. I checked out on 3/21 and points havent posted yet. I see the stay under My Recent Stays but no credits, points, nights or stays, have posted yet. IME, Hilton points usually post no more than 3 days after check out date. I called DDesk, was told to give it another 2-3 days. If it dont see the credits, i can see myself spending some time on the phone with DDesk to rectify matters. Fortunately, I did ask for a copy of my folio upon check out.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by pocahontas
You are well advised by the person who checked you out. I checked out on 3/21 and points havent posted yet. I see the stay under My Recent Stays but no credits, points, nights or stays, have posted yet. IME, Hilton points usually post no more than 3 days after check out date. I called DDesk, was told to give it another 2-3 days. If it dont see the credits, i can see myself spending some time on the phone with DDesk to rectify matters. Fortunately, I did ask for a copy of my folio upon check out.
Could just be the recent Hilton IT issues ... See this thread if you haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet.

Based on that thread, I'm now waiting 5-7 days for all stays to show up before I start calling and/or e-mailing. I've scanned a copy of my Elara folio to myself so I'm good to go on that aspect.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Just checked into a King Studio room.

The huge is the 10 am check out time.

ANGRY

Anyways, the room was very interesting. Lots of reds and blacks. The befuddling thing is the kitchenette. There's a mini-fridge, mini-sink, microwave with vent fan , and a full size dishwasher. Also included is a blender and a toaster.

One other irk. There's only ONE garbage can, and its TINY (the one in the bathroom).

No special benefits for Diamonds except for the free internet. I was told to call the morning of departure (after 7am) to get a late check out.

Check-in persons mentioned that Hilton is currently updating the exterior and public spaces to "Hilton Standards" and within 6 months they will begin to adjust the rooms. Also of note, mangement is currently thinking of installing an executive lounge in order to "bring the property to the normal Hilton standards that our elite guests expect." Oh boy.

Last edited by warreng24; Apr 1, 2012 at 4:43 pm
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
duplicate
Old Apr 1, 2012, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by warreng24
No special benefits for Diamonds except for the free internet. I was told to call the morning of departure (after 7am) to get a late check out.
I'm not sure what you were expecting but Diamond benefits at HGVCs are 2000 bonus points and two bottles of water per stay... Anything else provided are above any beyond.

(Didn't mention free internet since that's a given across all HH properties.)
Old Apr 1, 2012, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by warreng24
Also of note, mangement is currently thinking of installing an executive lounge in order to "bring the property to the normal Hilton standards that our elite guests expect." Oh boy.
I didn't know any HGVC had a lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.