Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unusually friendly?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Unusually friendly?

I've stayed at a couple of Hilton properties recently and does it seem to anyone else that they have been much more friendly lately?

Tonight one was a quick one nighter in a Hampton and the guy at the front desk went as far as to shake my hand. Can't remember anything like that except at a resort. Not even sure then.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; My Mom's Favorite Kid
Originally Posted by BadTime
I've stayed at a couple of Hilton properties recently and does it seem to anyone else that they have been much more friendly lately?

Tonight one was a quick one nighter in a Hampton and the guy at the front desk went as far as to shake my hand. Can't remember anything like that except at a resort. Not even sure then.
Sounds like a property I stay at in Illinois. They even like to advertise their "Hamptonality" on the sign. But to be fair that property has been overly friendly for the year that I have been staying there.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:54 pm

Programs: Diamond Hilton, Titanium Marriott, Delta DM, President Circle Herz, NIGHTS IN OWN BED 2022 28
Between the Diamind new benefits in this its a step in the right direction
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
I stayed at a few HGI's in California recently. I don't stay in hotels often, but I thought they were extra friendly. Just simple things, like making a point to look me in the eye and say something every time I walked past the front desk.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:06 am

I checked into a Hilton Garden Inn this week and the agent at the front desk smiled at me. Kinda freaked me out.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
I stayed at a few HGI's in California recently. I don't stay in hotels often, but I thought they were extra friendly. Just simple things, like making a point to look me in the eye and say something every time I walked past the front desk.
In my last 4 stays, definite positive change. More conversation, more thanks for staying with us. Little things make a big difference.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I checked into a Hilton Garden Inn this week and the agent at the front desk smiled at me. Kinda freaked me out.
That sardonic comment made me laugh out loud. ^
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Fredd
That sardonic comment made me laugh out loud. ^
Hopefully Hilton isn't as freaky as the super nice Wells Fargo tellers I seem to not be able to escape from. Just my deposit please...
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by BadTime

Your observations are correct and there is some reason for the friendly behavior of (some) Hilton staff members.

Hilton run a worldwide competition. Not sure which staff members are included.

All I know is that the HHonors representative/responsible person from that hotel with the highest customer satisfaction scores (from on-line questionnaires) gets a bonus of 10,000 $ @:-)
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:41 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:49 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:54 pm

10k? I don't think so... that's more than some of these employee's make.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
Source?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got my wires crossed. CEO Light & Warmth award comes with a $10k bonus but that's based on colleague nominations.

Was told by an HHonors responsible in a Hilton hotel in January this year. Was asked to fill-in all the questions with 9 and 10. When I asked for the reason, I was explained. Maybe this competition is not for the whole Hilton group? No idea, didn't ask more question.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:15 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:49 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Delta Platinum, American Platinum, Air Canada 25K
DT Farmers Branch Dallas last week

Have not been to a more friendly property. Staff was amazingly helpful, made lots of eye contact and smiled. Maybe it was just Texas/southern and I have spent too much time on the west coast lately

Edited to add:
Their shuttle took me to a business location where I conducted a 4 hour trainning session. When I was done, the driver was waiting for me outside the lobby and wisked me off to the airport for my next flight. I met with some clients in the lobby the night before and informed the front desk staff of my whereabouts when they arrived. The rep gopt out from behind the desk to show them where I was seated. The can-do attitude of the front desk and staff was just surprising considering the other properties that I have held meetings at.

Last edited by cullen24; Jan 28, 2012 at 9:13 pm
Old Jan 28, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
Friendly service is great, but it shouldn't be just about smiling and putting on a "show". It should also be about being attentive and caring for the customer like they're being valued. I haven't stayed in a property these days, but I always appreciate those agents that are both friendly AND caring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.