Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Award from Silver VIP account, also GOLD VIP on trip

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2003, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum

Here is my question. I ordered and booked the ALON award under my SILVER VIP account. My wife has GOLD VIP status and is also on the trip. Can we use her status to get the benefits of breakfast,upgrades, lounge,etc?
If so, would I need to note her on the reservation or call the hotel,etc??

Thanks!!
Old Sep 22, 2003, 1:13 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond. CO Gold
I don't know if Hilton will let you do that or not. However, have you thought of joining with your wife into a mutual fund account? She could join her account with yours and you would at least both have Gold status at this point instead of only one of you. Also, if you two together have enough nights, stays, or points you could have earned Diamond status.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Good option.. I will try it... otherwise I may call the hotel and see if I can switch the name on the reservation to her's and her Status...

We will see.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, A Advantage, HHonors, Marriott Rewards
We just got back from our ALON stay, using points from my account. Since I was downgraded to silver before our trip, and my husband is still gold, I called Hilton Honors, had the reservation switched to my husband's name (being certain that I gave my husband's Hhonors #) and enjoyed a spectacular room upgrade and free breakfast every day. Also, my husband earned over 5000 points for our final hotel tab. Whatever you do, DON'T COMBINE ACCOUNTS-there are too many benefits with separate ones. Hope this helps.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:41 pm

What are the benefits of seperate accounts? With the Mutual Fund it is much easier to go for Gold or Diamond status.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:21 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mommaroo:
We just got back from our ALON stay, using points from my account. Since I was downgraded to silver before our trip, and my husband is still gold, I called Hilton Honors, had the reservation switched to my husband's name (being certain that I gave my husband's Hhonors #) and enjoyed a spectacular room upgrade and free breakfast every day. Also, my husband earned over 5000 points for our final hotel tab. Whatever you do, DON'T COMBINE ACCOUNTS-there are too many benefits with separate ones. Hope this helps.</font>

Just did that... I called and they switched it to my wife's GOLD account... so I may try and switch it back at checkout.. who knows.... either way, at least we have breakfast every day!!!

Thanks .... glad to see it was a good stay!
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tazmania:
What are the benefits of seperate accounts? With the Mutual Fund it is much easier to go for Gold or Diamond status. </font>
Now that points for profile updates are gone, I'm not sure what tangible benefits remain for separate accounts.

Mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.