Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Transfers/Car Rentals/Purchases and Base Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold

Hi all,

I appologize in advance if this has been convered, but I did a search and can't find any posts covering this -

With the 15% bonus on base points, I'm going to be a couple thousand short of the 60,000 needed for gold after my next stay. My question is, do any of the following count as base points:

1) Points from car rentals

2) Points from transfers (from AA or Amex Membership Rewards)

3) Points purchased from HHonors

I've got several more stays after that, so I'll get the status anyway. I'd just like it sooner rather than later (and I'm also going to try and book an award trip).

Thanks,

Mike
Old Sep 5, 2003, 7:42 am

No to all.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks!! I knew that would be too easy, but I had to ask!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dcmike:
With the 15% bonus on base points, I'm going to be a couple thousand short of the 60,000 needed for gold after my next stay.</font>
Keep in mind that your 15% bonus does not count as base miles. Essentially, 60,000 base miles means $6,000 spent at HH properties, no bonuses count.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 10:35 am

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dcmike:
I'm going to be a couple thousand short</font>
Time for a mattress run.

You could make it fun by staying one night at your local hotel and throwing a party at the bar. Invite some friends and open a tab for the amount you need to spend to get your points. Make sure the amount is charged to your hotel room, and they will count to your base points.

Fringe benefits include not having to worry about drinking and driving, and having a convenient room to take someone to if things get "cozy".

[This message has been edited by Rut Dog (edited 09-05-2003).]
Old Sep 5, 2003, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eugene:
Keep in mind that your 15% bonus does not count as base miles. Essentially, 60,000 base miles means $6,000 spent at HH properties, no bonuses count.</font>

DOH! You're right - the email that went out was a bit deceptive...I thought it was 50% bonus base points where it is just 50% bonus on base points.

I'm a bit further off then I thought I would be! BOO!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:
Time for a mattress run.

You could make it fun by staying one night at your local hotel and throwing a party at the bar. Invite some friends and open a tab for the amount you need to spend to get your points. Make sure the amount is charged to your hotel room, and they will count to your base points.

Fringe benefits include not having to worry about drinking and driving, and having a convenient room to take someone to if things get "cozy".
</font>
Not a bad idea! Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2003, 3:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07

I agree that calling them bonus base points is awfully deceptive. You're not the first one to be caught by this.

I'm a bit further off then I thought I would be! BOO! </font>
Time to throw a BIG party.

Post the date and time on FT, and you're sure to get some takers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.