Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites by Hilton Bogota - Rosales {COL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embassy Suites by Hilton Bogota - Rosales {COL}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2003, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Arrow Embassy Suites by Hilton Bogota - Rosales {COL}

I burned 12,000 HH points for a night here. Is it worth the points? The rate is about $110USD. I can stay at the INTER CONTINENTAL TEQUENDAMA For only $55, should I save the points and stay with the IC?

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2004, 6:27 pm

Programs: LatinPass Million Miler
ES Botota, Columbia

We have an 8 hour layover after an all-night flight in coach from RIO. We're thinking of booking a room here to relax in before our next leg to JFK. Would you recommend this hotel? Is it about a 20 min ride from the airport?
Old Aug 31, 2006, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Bumping this to see if anyone can offer up some information on the Embassy Suites Bogota.
Old May 10, 2007, 1:48 pm

Bumped again. Any information? Comments?
Old Jul 8, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
No one from flyertalk seems to have stayed here or cares to comment, which is unfortunate cos although there are several comments on tripadvisor, I tend not to value the quality of posts on that site.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Ok, I'll update since no-one has been able to provide any info.

Embassy Suites Rosales is in a great area of Bogota, with some fantastic restaurants within one block of the hotel (we recommend Criterion and Raphael, although reservations will be required).

The hotel itself is an older building, on a busier sidestreet close to the main artery of Calle 7. This does mean that the single glazed rooms at the front can be very noisy - I had to do a room change after one night of no sleep. Staff are aware of the problem, and the change was made very easily.

It's an 8 story hotel, built around a central atrium, complete with waterfall. For good or ill, this does mean the atrium smells quite strongly of fumes - for those suites with an internal lounge, this is a bit of a problem. OTOH, Bogota also is quite polluted, so in some ways, it becomes less noticeable.

Suites were nicely appointed, but a little bit brown. No air con, and we were there over some lovely weather. Opening windows means more noise (unless on rear of hotel). Good range of TV channels, limited mini bar but generally, nice, comfortable rooms with most things you'd need and a calculator too!

The swimming pool is 8 blocks away (we hadn't noticed this in the blurb). There is a small gym in the basement, with sauna. You can book massages, but may need to use reception to translate for you.

Staff generally are extremely helpful and welcoming - both reception and the concierge in helping us sort out hotel cars (slightly more expensive than taxis, but taxis etc are so cheap it's really minimal) and restaurant staff, who by the end of our trip remembered both our room numbers, and our drink preferences from the managers receptions (well worth attending, don't think i've ever seen such large measures and the canapes were great).

Nice place to stay, major drawback being the noise. I'd go back there quite happily.

Probably worth noting however that there is a new Hilton being constructed 2-3 blocks away, actually on Calle 7 - I hope they have double glazing!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
A nice place

Jenbel, thanks. Based on your comments, we booked two stays in the past couple of weeks and I can report that we were highly pleased with the offerings.

First of all, a slight correction -- the hotel is located close to Carrera 7, not Calle 7. It is near the corner of Carerra 7 and Calle 70, and in the middle of a small area that offers a number of high-end restaurants.

The staff was pleasant and very helpful. I didn't notice any odors from the atrium -- perhaps this is something that they have addressed. Our rooms had almost everything that we would have expected from a great hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Having stayed both in the front and the back, I agree that the rooms in back are much quieter.

And it's the first time we've been served crab cakes during a manager's reception!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does the hotel still lack air conditioning?

About how long is the drive between the airport and here? Roughly how much does a taxi cost?
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:46 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does the hotel still lack air conditioning?

About how long is the drive between the airport and here? Roughly how much does a taxi cost?
Taxi approx US$25 each way you collect a voucher from the Airport Taxi booth but pay the Driver Direct...If I recall.

There was a portable unit in the Bedroom part of the suite when I stayed there a few weeks ago.

Great evening Manager Reception with live Music and as other people have advised lots of Restaurants just yards away. Try Harry's across the street-up 50 feet. http://www.harrysasson.com/harrys.html

Hotel Number 6 of over 100 on Trip Advisor says it all..Excellent Value IMHO for Category 2 redemption.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

I looked into the Hilton forum at just the right time. I was aware of the Marriott, Starwood, IC/Holiday Inn and Sofitel properties, but not this one - and this one is certainly the bargain of the bunch while still sounding like a great place to stay.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello,

stayed in this property aprox 6 weeks ago.

The rooms had A/A but as far as I remember, very noisy.

Taxi from the aiport was less than 20 USD, and on the way back, if you take a classic taxi(not hotel taxi), it costs less than 15 USD. I considered normal taxis totally safe, and while I do not use them in Mexico, I saw not problem in Bogota.

Cannot remember how much I paid but I would say over 200 USD so for 12500 points it is a very good deal.

Close the to ES they are building a Hilton so choices will be wider in Bogota.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Roads to the airport are under construction, so it could be congested depending upon what times you are traveling. Signs at the hotel advised counting on delays -- we encountered no problems, although we were traveling outside of the 9 to 5 timeframe.

At the airport, pick up a voucher from the official taxi booth -- they will print out a ticket showing exactly what you should pay. As we expected, our drivers asked for more after we arrived but we just walked away without any incidents. During the evening we paid about 20000 COP ($10 US) and during the day we paid 18000 COP from the airport, using the vouchers. From the hotel we once paid 14000 COP ($7 US) although the driver wasn't using the meter and I think it should have been a bit higher.

It was a bargain IMO -- we only paid $132 per night, using Hilton's website. FYI, we received free bottles of water and candy bars during our paid stay, but nothing when we stayed at a later date using a Reward Cert.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Anyone happen to have an email contact for this property? I have an extremely early arrival into Bogota friday morning (before 5am), and I'm hoping to ask for as early a check-in as possible - I've always found that emailing directly helps more than just requesting it on the reservation.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 5:42 pm

Embassy Suites Bogota-Rosales insurance fee for reward stay?

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Bogota-Rosales over the holidays on a reward stay. On check-out I noticed a 10,000 peso/day charge that the front desk said was 'insurance'. I asked what this was for but the only response was 'insurance'. I was in a hurry to leave and make my flight so I didn't further inquire what this was about.

Has anyone else had this kind of charge before?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by ikobi
I stayed at the Embassy Suites Bogota-Rosales over the holidays on a reward stay. On check-out I noticed a 10,000 peso/day charge that the front desk said was 'insurance'. I asked what this was for but the only response was 'insurance'. I was in a hurry to leave and make my flight so I didn't further inquire what this was about.

Has anyone else had this kind of charge before?
i made a small stink and had it removed. ymmv.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.