Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Pasadena {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 1:52 pm

Does anyone have a direct email address for the Hilton Pasadena? I'm trying to get my HHonors number added to a booking made by my employer, but don't fancy making an international phone call from my UK mobile.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
[email protected] is address for front desk manager.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I'm diamond with hilton and hyatt, but it doesn't seem to benefit me here. Reading the dated posts, this place sounds like a dump, they aren't accommodating and they upcharge the breakfast benefit, costing me for an omelette. That's a peeve. Any alternative suggestions?

Am headed to a convention at Pasadena center. Flying into BUR. I'm sure cost of living is higher here than DC, but seems like this area is short on supply. Not seeing a lot of places nearby.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by eddieflyer
I'm diamond with hilton and hyatt, but it doesn't seem to benefit me here. Reading the dated posts, this place sounds like a dump, they aren't accommodating and they upcharge the breakfast benefit, costing me for an omelette. That's a peeve. Any alternative suggestions?

Am headed to a convention at Pasadena center. Flying into BUR. I'm sure cost of living is higher here than DC, but seems like this area is short on supply. Not seeing a lot of places nearby.
That's why this place does what it does (as well as the Sheraton Pasadena) - they own the Pasadena Convention Center hotel business. They know that they have a captive market. If you are willing to drive (as well as ultimately pay to park or park and walk) or go to and from on the Metro Gold Line, there are many other HHonors, Gold Passport or even Marriott Rewards properties in the vicinity.

David
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:04 pm

I would suggest the San Gabriel Hilton. Nice property, good breakfast, often good rates. If you like Asian cuisine (most namely every provincial/regional style of Chinese imaginable) you will also be in heaven in that area.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
I stayed here recently for a wedding. The rooms are a dump as others have noted. The lounge chair was missing from our room - just a huge empty space. The a/c units are insanely loud, like a train coming through the room every time it turns on. The renovations are underway though, so this problem should be resolved soon. Besides the conditions of the room we had a great stay. The service was good as was the diamond breakfast, which is a full buffet and no need to deal with vouchers. The host had a list and alerted the server that our breakfast was complementary. We also found the food served in the (dated) bar area to be of good quality and reasonably priced. Valet always brought the car promptly. Good redemption value at 40,000 points/night for $250.00 rooms.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Any recent experiences? It looks like they are more than halfway through the room upgrade timeline, though not sure if there are any renovated rooms available.

I'm newly Diamond and want to stay in this general area or downtown. It doesn't sound like this is the best place to enjoy your Diamond benefits, but maybe things are getting better?

My stay would be 2 weeks from now.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
My suggestion is to call the hotel and see which floors are done. I stayed there in February and it was fine, even with somewhat dated rooms. Service was always good and the breakfast very nicely done.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
I stayed here last week and I received a room on the top floor. It was newly renovated and I was very pleased with it. The front desk agent said that the top floor (14th, I think) had just been reopened a week or so before. The room look is very clean, somewhat in the style of Hiltons that I've stayed at in New Zealand or in Melbourne (apparently leaving the chain). There were a lot of electrical outlets and USB ports for charging electronics.

My only complaint with the renovation is that the room had very little drawer space for storing clothes. There was a set of drawers between the double beds, but that was all.

As others have noted, as a Diamond, I received full buffet breakfast in the restaurant. Service was excellent and the food options were good.

There is still a lot of refurbishment going on at this hotel. The lobby area is under construction. I didn't notice any noise, but I wasn't in my room during working hours. Presumably other floors are getting refurbished as well.

Last edited by jefftiger; Apr 26, 2017 at 3:51 am
Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any recent updates? Are the renovations complete?

I'm trying to decide between this and the Hilton San Gabriel for a free weekend night cert for my wife on a visit to Huntington Gardens, and the distances are similar. She is a Diamond via Aspire card.

Ease of parking is a consideration, cost of parking also, but secondary.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan

I'm trying to decide between this and the Hilton San Gabriel for a free weekend night cert for my wife on a visit to Huntington Gardens, and the distances are similar. She is a Diamond via Aspire card.

Was there last week; renovations complete.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 7:26 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan

Consider the Doubletree - Arcadia/Monrovia. Closer to a boutique hotel versus what you usually see as a Doubletree, excellent breakfast, and free parking.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Craig6z
Consider the Doubletree - Arcadia/Monrovia. Closer to a boutique hotel versus what you usually see as a Doubletree, excellent breakfast, and free parking.
I agree. This is my first-choice in the area. Plenty of "stuff" nearby too: grocery stores, shops, restaurants. They aren't as trendy/unique/upscale as Pasadena, but they are functional. Good public transit too, for those traveling without cars.
Craig6z likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
Arcadia is a good option and I know all the Hilton properties there pretty well and they are all within walking distance of a ton of restaurats. Hilton Garden Inn there is top notch as is the Hampton. Embassy Suites is overdue for a thorough renovation. Doubletree Monrovia is ok.
THANK YOU. You just saved me a lot of research. I was kind of getting that impression from TripAdvisor, but this cements what I'm seeing.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:22 am

ES Arcadia has now been renovated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.