Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor - Diamonds to get all on-property benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
This is exactly what I've noticed/learned over the past few months (if not longer). Not sure why this happens, or how long I've been out of the loop. But it works.

Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
I find this is often the case at the end of making a booking on Hilton.com. However if I then click on the nor1 upgrade link in the email confirmation this then offers a 1-cat upgrade at zero cost - perhaps give that a go and see if anything different?!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I find this is often the case at the end of making a booking on Hilton.com. However if I then click on the nor1 upgrade link in the email confirmation this then offers a 1-cat upgrade at zero cost - perhaps give that a go and see if anything different? If one was being cynical this is a way to even get Diamonds & Golds paying for their expected upgrade, if being generous it's just more poor IT from Hilton!
I've always wondered why I have to choose my free UG, they should only make you peruse the nor1 page if you want more than your free UG.

Oh wait, I know why they make me go there...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I've always wondered why I have to choose my free UG, they should only make you peruse the nor1 page if you want more than your free UG.

Oh wait, I know why they make me go there...
I've always wondered if I check the free NOR1 upgrade, do I lose the chance of a free better upgrade at check in? The free one is the minimum upgrade (if there are rooms available) for diamond anyway, so there is really no reason to check it.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by mgoflyer
The following policy will apply at all Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ hotels with Executive Floor Lounges. Executive Floor Lounges are available only at select properties.

If you are a Gold HHonors guest, you and up to one additional registered guest will be granted complimentary access to the Executive Floor Lounge only if you receive a room upgrade to the Executive Floor or an upgrade to a room type that confers Executive Floor Lounge access benefits.
And that's why I dropped Hilton/went to Blue from Gold & increased my stays at Marriott. With Marriott, Golds automatically get lounge access regardless if they're in an exec room or floor. I don't like playing the will I/won't I guessing game, especially when on holiday.

Cheers.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And that's why I dropped Hilton/went to Blue from Gold & increased my stays at Marriott. With Marriott, Golds automatically get lounge access regardless if they're in an exec room or floor. I don't like playing the will I/won't I guessing game, especially when on holiday.

Cheers.
Aren't a lot of Marriott lounges closed on Weekends? And the thing I don't like about Marriott is you don't get breakfast at Courtyard unless your room rate is booked to include it where you do at Hilton.

If almost all your stays are at Marriott properties with lougnes then Marriott would make sense for you.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well must be IT. Now showing King Exec at £0 requested...
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Just a quick FYI - my last two stays since the changes came in didn't result in 1k MyWay points. Now that it's on the Hilton website I dropped a quick email to DD last night mentioning they seemed to be missing - 2k points added overnight
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:18 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Just a quick FYI - my last two stays since the changes came in didn't result in 1k MyWay points. Now that it's on the Hilton website I dropped a quick email to DD last night mentioning they seemed to be missing - 2k points added overnight
Nice to see that Hilton CS is prompt and attentive.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by hugolover
Well must be IT. Now showing King Exec at £0 requested...
Looks like it. Some of mine are now showing upgrades available via NOR1. Still only one category upgrade for free, so Exec rooms at some properties are still showing as a paid upgrade.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by marlee1421
Nice to see that Hilton CS is prompt and attentive.
On some things, yes - other things they just don't bother to reply!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
Looks like it. Some of mine are now showing upgrades available via NOR1. Still only one category upgrade for free, so Exec rooms at some properties are still showing as a paid upgrade.
IIRC that's how it has always appeared with NOR1, I guess the question is whether people still get suite upgrades having selected that. I've always wondered what difference selecting NOR1 one has for Gold & Diamonds. I tend to do it anyway but don't know if it has any impact.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I've almost always selected only the complimentary upgrade. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.

What I think is really not on is the concept of "guest room plus" and "deluxe room plus". Those aren't upgrades, they're hair-splitting exercises.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Few minutes ago checked in at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport. As Diamond was still offered choice between 750 extra points or complimentary breakfast, but not both. (Choosed breakfast because I have free morning tomorrow). No room upgrade because (as they said) all rooms here are the same. Asked if they are aware about new policy regarding Hilton Diamond members - yes, they generally know about that, but this policy has not yet implemented here at HGI FRA. Ah yes, also received one small 0.5 L complimentary bottle of water right at check-in counter
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by hbush
Few minutes ago checked in at Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport. As Diamond was still offered choice between 750 extra points or complimentary breakfast, but not both. (Choosed breakfast because I have free morning tomorrow). No room upgrade because (as they said) all rooms here are the same. Asked if they are aware about new policy regarding Hilton Diamond members - yes, they generally know about that, but this policy has not yet implemented here at HGI FRA. Ah yes, also received one small 0.5 L complimentary bottle of water right at check-in counter
HGI's have never provided upgrades as part of your myway (although I have had a couple properties I stay at a lot give me a corner room, etc) and it's still a choice of the breakfast or points at HGI, not both. The change only applies to a couple of the upper level brands.

I wonder if they are going enhance HGI benefits as well though if the desk clerk told you that at check in? Be nice if they did since I stay at HGI's a lot.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: Hyatt D/HHonors D/ SPG P/ Marriott P/ IHG P/ UA 1K/ AA EXP/ DL D
Originally Posted by hbush
I don't think HGI is a part of the new benefits for diamond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.