Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Italy {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Italy {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2000, 5:28 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Italy {ITA}

EARN DOUBLE WORLDPERKS BONUS MILES WITH HILTON IN ITALY

Earn double WorldPerks Bonus Miles at the Rome Cavalieri Hilton,
Hilton Rome Airport and Hilton Milan for eligible business and
leisure rate stays from April 3 to June 30, 2000. Plus, at the
Hilton Milan and Hilton Rome Airport, enjoy a free upgrade to
Executive Floor on weekends, subject to availability at time of
check-in. If you are also a member of HHonors(R), the Hilton
award-winning guest reward program, you can earn Points & MilesTM
for the same stay at over 450 hotels in 50 countries worldwide.
To enroll in HHonors or make reservations,
visit http://www.hiltonhhonors.com or call the Hilton Reservations
Worldwide office nearest you. Refer to your HHonors and WorldPerks
program membership materials for rate and other restrictions.
Old Jul 25, 2001, 3:33 pm

Transportation Between Rome Cavalieri Hilton and Hilton Sorrento Palace

I would appreciate info on these 2properties. How is Location(views)? Rooms? Executive floor? Service? Amenities? etc.
Any recommendation for alternative hotel on Amalfi coast/Capri(don't need FF points)
Any other tips (3 nights Amalfi-Capri 4 nights Rome)are greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 26, 2001, 1:15 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
It will cost you a pretty penny to get around Rome from the Cavalieri Hilton. Check if they still have a shuttle. Last time we were there it did not run on Sundays (day we arrived). Public transit is possible but very time consuming from this hotel. No restaurants, etc within walking distance. It is in a residential neighborhood. Views are great and hotel was very nice. Got a bottle of wine and basket of fruit on a govt rate! Location is the pits, though. Public transit all but halts about 11 PM in Rome so don't get caught out too late or you will be talking huge cab fare to Hilton.
Old Jul 26, 2001, 9:23 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Again, it's a lovely property, but it just is not my idea of Rome, so I'd skip the Cavalieri Hilton!
Old Jul 27, 2001, 10:45 am

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Again, it's a lovely property, but it just is not my idea of Rome, so I'd skip the Cavalieri Hilton!</font>
I agree Exactly with Doc... if you like night time strolling around Rome.. this is the hotel that PREVENTS that. My advice is find a hotel in the city.
Old Jul 28, 2001, 1:54 pm

Regarding the Amalfi coast, I would recommend that you stay in Positano or Amalfi/Ravello (not in Sorrent).

The best source for hotels/restaurants is
http://www.viamichelin.com/viamichel...oller/HomePage

BTW, Hilton has a special for 3 Hiltons: Sorrento, Roma/Airport and Milano; received (and deleted!) an e-mail regarding this today.

Old Aug 26, 2001, 7:17 am
Suspended

I'm currently in the Sorrento property. I'm very impressed so far. Automatic upgrade to the executive floor with great views of the bay. I was given a personal tour of the room and lounge. THe executive lounge is fantastic - open 16 hours with all the goodies and it's own pool. Staff has been great. I'll update at teh end of the trip.

I have to say this has been the best Hilton I've stayed at so far and the rates were very good (L175,000 w/e & L275,000 w/d). It's not a quaint Italian hotel and a bit of a hike to the town/beach but the property is great and the staff really made a positive impression on me. The executive lounge was always fully supplied with food and drink and the views from the outside seating are fantastic. The room was nice with water and fruit plates. The orange walls took a bit getting used to but large and nice.

The FCO airport Hilton was the opposite in terms of quality, lounge and staff. Quite a disappointment after Sorrento but I guess that's the difference between a "business" hotel and a "resort".

[This message has been edited by drtravels (edited 08-31-2001).]
Old Sep 21, 2001, 10:55 pm

Agree with Drtravels, the service in Sorrento Hilton was superb, Hotel is not in the center of town so there's a bit of a walk or a L25,000 taxi ride. Rooms are a bit old and not spectacular.

But the service. . . stayed there 3 nights on Point stretchers, and got access to executive lounge, which had continental breakfast, and you can even order eggs & coffee (included complimentary!!). Also we received an amenity every night (chocolates, deserts, etc.) and for our last night, they gave us a departure gift (jams, etc.). We were totally flabbergasted & absolutely impressed with the service.

We would go back to Sorrento again just for the service if nothing else.
Old Oct 28, 2001, 8:45 am

just wanted to concur with the recs on Sorrento Palace.

this is a beautiful/interesting large hotel (normally an oxymoron)! stayed 10/23, and was given a room with an absolutely AWESOME view overlooking Mt. Vesuvius/Naples across the bay, along with the town below.

the hotel is tastefully decorated, and has some interesting features (5 cascading outdoor pools, lemon tree grove, and a beautiful if not strange [similar to the one in the movie "Meet Joe Black"] indoor pool).

the hotel restaurant we ate at, simply called "Sorrento", was some of the best (and reasonably priced) food we had in italy.

the Executive Lounge was great, low-key, and trendy (nice music mix). the staff was totally friendy, especially considering how my fiance and i came in (sweaty and with backpacks after a day riding the Naples packed train and Pompeii!), and they still treated us with great respect. showed them Gold card and was also given nice tour of room and hotel.
since we also stayed on Capri, this was a great comfortable hotel to balance out the stays in smaller properties-- would definately stay here again.

PROS: best panoramic view of any place on our trip (even if you don't get the same view from your room, can still get it from ExecLounge, pool, or the restaurant which has outside seating). great staff. great restaurants/Exec Lounge. clean. modern and tastefully decorated. quiet. nice to combine with more smaller properties on trip. great value for the points/money.

CON: a 25k lira cab ride into town (don't EVEN think about walking it-- my fiance almost called off the wedding when i decided to walk back into town, downhill even, with our backpacks!).

p.s-- saw no signs of the construction that some have suggested the hotel was undergoing as part of a remodeling.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 7:01 pm

Italy hilton

I am looking to book a reservation for italy
either rome or sorrento ??

any one have feedback on either property ??

i will be traveling with my wife and two kids age 8 and 10 ?? what are the rooms like ?? which is the better property ??

etc ??

thanks
Old Dec 12, 2002, 7:05 pm

Search feature not working again?
Old Dec 12, 2002, 10:39 pm

DON RICKLES, you need the hook!

Yes, the search feature is wonderful. But, for new people not knowing which forum to search in gets quite confusing.

The sorrento Hilton has gotten some great reviews, as a matter of fact I am planning an award stay there this Easter with my husband and 2 children 13 & 11. It seems there is quite a difference in they type of room you get depending on your status. Many good reviews if you are Gold or Diamond ie. lovley view, great lounge and goodies.
Good luck!

------------------
nw elite wannabe, HHonors Gold
Old Dec 13, 2002, 6:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by isleroyal:
DON RICKLES, you need the hook!

Yes, the search feature is wonderful. But, for new people not knowing which forum to search in gets quite confusing.
</font>
My apologies - I can see how it be can confusing. The topic is "Italy hilton" - I can see how one might be tempted to search the AMTRAK forum...
Old Dec 13, 2002, 5:07 pm

don rickless,

get a life, maybe even a dog for company
Old Feb 11, 2003, 11:10 am

Best hilton in northern Italy

Nevermind, the hilton site is back up. I see that their offering in northern Italy is quite limited. Feel free to still repond if you would like to recommend a hilton near northern Italy.

[This message has been edited by johnep1 (edited 02-11-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.