Wiki Posts
Search

Most expensive U.S. Hampton Inn?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2003, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FL, AA, DL
Most expensive U.S. Hampton Inn?

Another thread got me wondering on this. What's the most expensive Hampton Inn in the chain?

I'm not interested in one-night anomalies, but Hamptons that are consistently (if only in season) expensively prices. The thread in question talked about the Hampton Inn in Corolla, NC where the rates run from $200 to $300 on average, somtimes dipping below $200 for advance purchase AAA or bouncing above $300 for ocean view.

Any other consistently high-priced Hamptons?
Old May 31, 2003, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ebell:
Another thread got me wondering on this. What's the most expensive Hampton Inn in the chain?

I'm not interested in one-night anomalies, but Hamptons that are consistently (if only in season) expensively prices. The thread in question talked about the Hampton Inn in Corolla, NC where the rates run from $200 to $300 on average, somtimes dipping below $200 for advance purchase AAA or bouncing above $300 for ocean view.

Any other consistently high-priced Hamptons?
</font>
Any of the Hilton Family of properties in the metropolitan areas would be around that rate I think.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 8:58 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
$200+ per night for a Hampton Inn!! That's insane. Don't think I would ever be staying there on a paid stay, but sure makes for good use of an award.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
New Orleans was running close to 3 bills during the final four
Old Jun 2, 2003, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by korea71:
Any of the Hilton Family of properties in the metropolitan areas would be around that rate I think.</font>
And you'd be wrong, because this question isn't about other Hilton Family properties, it is specific to Hampton, which is supposed to be at the low end of the family (such a low end, that you only get 100 miles per stay at Hampton with most airlines whereas you get 500 miles per stay at any other member of the family -- tho with Southwest's Rapid Rewards there is no such penalty).

The word "metropolitan" doesn't mean downtown; it includes suburbs. Hampton SUBURBAN locations in metropolitan areas are generally NOWHERE near this. And there are very few Hampton DOWNTOWN locations anywhere. But even, for example, when you do find a rare one, like Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago-Downtown, it's still only $179 for tomorrow night (for double double/nonsmoking). And immediately as you move away from the most downtown area, but still are in the city proper, like at Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport (Midway is much closer to downtown then O'Hare), it's still only $129/night for the standard rate. No more expensive for the closest Hampton to downtown San Francisco (the one near the Oakland airport) either.

There are a few places where Hilton Garden Inn is a few dollars less expensive than Hampton (but only in my experience when both are competitively priced), like where the two are side by side in Garden Grove CA (just south of Disneyland), but most places Hampton is the lowest (or tied with the lowest) priced of the Hilton Family by far. And since Hampton doesn't charge parking (at any location I've ever been to, at least) while Hilton always seems to (I do wish they would mention what the parking rate is on the website when reserving hotels!), so even when Hilton seems to be around the same price as Hampton at a few competitive locations, it's still usually cheaper at the Hampton when you factor in what Hampton gives you free that Hilton proper nickel-and-dimes you for.

[This message has been edited by Stefan Daystrom (edited 06-02-2003).]
Old Jun 2, 2003, 10:53 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Interesting that you mention side-by-side HGIs and Hampton Inns. In Charlotte/Pineville, NC, the two are right next to each other. Every time we stay there, the HGI is always about $5 less expensive than the Hampton. As a diamond member, at the HGI this includes a free continental breakfast which can be upgraded to a full breakfast for a few dollars. Can't beat it....better room, breakfast, and more miles for the same price.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The HGI in San Leandro, CA is almost always less expensive than the Hampton at the Oakland airport. The two properties are less than 10 miles apart, just off the same freeway. The HGI is much nicer!
Old Jun 2, 2003, 11:20 am

I've seen the Hampton Inn Peabody Place-Memphis get close to $200; I've always paid in the $159 neighborhood. Then again it's easily the nicest Hampton Inn I've ever been in. I don't know why it wasn't branded something else in the Hilton family.

[This message has been edited by dweebe (edited 06-02-2003).]
Old Jun 2, 2003, 11:27 am

any of the ones around San Deigo always seem to be expensive..
Old Jun 2, 2003, 11:30 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hampton in San Juan, Puerto Rico is very high.

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jun 2, 2003, 1:57 pm

We paid $169 a night at the Hampton Inn in Savannah GA. Almost choked!
Old Jun 2, 2003, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Highest rates I've ever seen for a Hampton were in Key West at around $200/nt for a "regular" stay. (i.e., Not a holiday and no Super-Bowl-type event nearby.)

I also checked the Hampton Inn in New Orleans for Mardi Gras Marathon weekend and the rates were off the hinges (also around $200/nt.), but special event gouging is a different beast altogether.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 3:25 pm

Hampton Inn Anchorage $200 or more
Old Jun 2, 2003, 10:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
I've seen $245 and up at the one in Las Vegas during big conventions. Somebody must pay these rates.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:50 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Stefan Daystrom:
And you'd be wrong.

[This message has been edited by Stefan Daystrom (edited 06-02-2003).]
</font>
So how wrong was I?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.