FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   ROOMSAVER.COM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/129784-roomsaver-com.html)

RDY3238 Mar 11, 2003 8:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Honu: Yes it is the one in Lake Oswego</font>
Drove right past it today - have some customers in Mtn Pk there.

honu Mar 12, 2003 8:34 pm

Web Traveler, I checked the coupon again, and the language about ineligibility for HH points is gone (was there last year). There shouldn't be any problem then. If it doesn't post by itself, you can always call HHonors two weeks later...
I agree with you, on Fr. and Sa. most hotels will be happy to have paying customers even at lower rates and you might be able to confirm two nights when you first check in.

[email protected] Mar 12, 2003 10:06 pm

i am planning a trip to orlando hilton inn on 3/18 and would like to know how i can use this coupon i got from roomsavers.com for $54
while my reservation rate is $109..

basically i am asking do any of you know how i can get the front desk clerk to give me the rate on the coupon with-out any problems

WebTraveler Mar 12, 2003 10:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by honu:
Web Traveler, I checked the coupon again, and the language about ineligibility for HH points is gone (was there last year). There shouldn't be any problem then. If it doesn't post by itself, you can always call HHonors two weeks later...
I agree with you, on Fr. and Sa. most hotels will be happy to have paying customers even at lower rates and you might be able to confirm two nights when you first check in.
</font>
Glad to get that sorted out! Hopefully I'll be able to swing the breakfast...I'll let you guys know....we're still a couple weeks away.

craz Mar 13, 2003 9:50 am

happens31, you CAN NOT use the RS coupon with prior res!!

I was in MCO last night and most places were booked( spring training and a really big convention going on) then again didnt start to find a place till around 6pm. Got into a Hamp Inn by x64, at $49 for the night and since they own the Homeword Suites next door (2 min walk) was able to go over and use their hot tub, NO Ham has a hot tub in MCO.

a couple of the HGIs I tried said they were booked but they would take a res with the coupon rate on the phone ON the day of the stay( NOT B4). So what you have to do is if you arent flexible with the hotel you're stuck, you can always call another place that takes the coupon and then cancel your res, but get your cancellation policy down pat, hate to have to pay for 2 hotels for the same night.

Steve B Mar 13, 2003 11:26 am

Right. You have to cancel your current reservation and make another one in the area at a hotel that allows a cancellation up until 6:00PM on the date of arrival. You can also call up the Hilton a couple days before arriving and ask how full they are for the day you arrive. These days the answer will probably be "not very" but if they say the ARE pretty full then make another reservation if you must stay there.

RDY3238 May 4, 2003 6:59 pm

Roomsaver.com restricts HH points

I was looking for cheap paid stays for fast track. My local Hilton Gdn Inn posted this -

$59.00
3/01/03 thru 6/30/03
+Tax
HHonors Points not available with this rate.
1-2 per room

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

Edited to add - The Doubletree has no such posted restriction

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 05-04-2003).]

WebTraveler May 5, 2003 6:51 pm

If this is the Lake Oswego Garden Inn then that is new. I stayed there a month or so ago while we had some work done on the home. They told me at check in I wouldn't get credit, but I did. I was comfortable I was going to get credit because it is not listed as one of the DQ rates in the member guide.

But the price also went up $10, it was $49.

I did get the gold breakfast coupons, which they said I would get, just not the points.

In my opinion, a super property. I'd recommend it to anyone. Clean, in great shape, nice staff, close to all sorts of restaurants in the area.

Too bad on the points....?!? I did see that they had a regular 21-day advance rate for $62 when I looked at it. Heck, if they still had the $62 rate I'd pay that if I was sure I was coming, to get the points....and Honors stay credit.

This is the latest in Hilton's nickel and dime of their program. Very disappointing to say the least.

RDY3238 May 5, 2003 7:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WebTraveler:
If this is the Lake Oswego Garden Inn then that is new. I was comfortable I was going to get credit because it is not listed as one of the DQ rates in the member guide.
This is the latest in Hilton's nickel and dime of their program. Very disappointing to say the least.
</font>
Yes LOGI. Other Hilton family properties do not have the posted restriction.
DQ rates? Currently the Beaverton Hilton Garden Inn is not showing up in Roomsaver.com so its hard to know if this is across the board or just an isolated property.

WebTraveler May 6, 2003 8:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RDY3238:
[B]
DQ rates? [B]</font>
disqualifying

boggie May 29, 2003 11:18 am

I found a roomsaver.com coupon for the Hampton INN in Coventry, Rhode Island where I'd like to stay next weekend. I called Hilton Honors to ask if I would receive stay credit and/or HH points for my stay using this coupon. I told her I would be booking directly through the hotel, not a priceline type of deal. She told me it would be an ineligible rate even though the coupon makes no reference to that.

Has anyone had any recent experiences using these coupons, and did you receive stay credit? The stay credit is what I'm interested in.

MileageAddict May 29, 2003 7:54 pm

Roomsaver rate at Hilton Garden Inn Richmond is $59! I get all the perks normally offered to Diamond member without asking and points post.

------------------
Addicted to airline miles? Check out: Mileage Workshop --- "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa (1940-93)

kempis May 30, 2003 9:28 am

I sent an email to Hampton Inn Philadelphia City Center about roomsaver.com They said that these rates would NOT earn points or miles and therefore I choosed to stay at Marriott instead.

Was they right or wrong?

LLM May 30, 2003 5:45 pm

I just checked roomsaver rates for the Hilton properties at Disneyland. They are more than the AAA and website rates, at least for this weekend. And you can't even make a res?