FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   ROOMSAVER.COM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/129784-roomsaver-com.html)

RDY3238 Mar 7, 2003 10:19 pm

I got points and miles with a Roomsavers coupon at the pdx D/T D/Tree. No Gold breakfast.

Steve B Mar 8, 2003 2:09 pm

I have used roomsaver coupons dozens of times and always gotten points.

yesletsski Mar 8, 2003 2:27 pm

We got points, miles and breakfast on a roomsaver rate at the BWI HGI. Great hotel.

WebTraveler Mar 8, 2003 6:16 pm

Great. Looks like it is hit and miss. We are putting in some wood floors in the house and because of the stains and the toxic chemicals we need to stay out of the house for a few days.

There is a Hilton Garden Inn around the corner that looks like it will be a decent fit for these two nights. I found a Roomsaver.Com deal for $49. Much better than the regular rate. I'll try to get breakfast out of it, but if not, then oh well.

Thanks all for your help

MRKEY Mar 8, 2003 6:26 pm

I received HH pts & mile using roomsaver.com...great way to get cheaper stays...cadaver~ there must be availablity at check in time..present coupon printed from roomsaver.com

A tip I learned from Jan_Az http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif Thanks again Jan!

------------------
MRKEY

TTT103 Mar 9, 2003 12:23 pm

This thread resulted in me taking a look at Roomsaver.com. I could not figure out how one goes about booking a room. Once you print a coupon can you make an advanced reservation, or is it only available for walk-in's? If you can make an advance reservation, must you call the hotel directly?

SkiAdcock Mar 9, 2003 1:06 pm

I'm w/ tt103. Because of this thread I looked at roomsaver.com and also a bit confused. I don't do walk-ups at any hotels, whether leisure or bizness, so if it has to be that way probably wouldn't do me much good. But if you reserve at a higher rate, do you just show up & ask if they can apply the coupon instead? Does availability mean at the hotel in general, or is it like airlines where only a certain amount of rooms are available at the discounted rate? And ditto the question on whether you have to book through hotel or can you go through online or 800#.

RDY3238 Mar 9, 2003 1:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Once you print a coupon can you make an advanced reservation, or is it only available for walk-in's? If you can make an advance reservation, must you call the hotel directly? </font>
Print the coupon, and call ahead. I called a few days ahead to scope out general availability, although you are only supposed to try to confirm on day of stay. FOH desk clerks I have spoken to have never remarked on any rules particularly.

CMW Mar 9, 2003 6:29 pm

What if you were interested in several nights? Or is it one night only? Or must you take it day by day once you are there?

honu Mar 10, 2003 5:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WebTraveler:
Great. There is a Hilton Garden Inn around the corner that looks like it will be a decent fit for these two nights. I found a Roomsaver.Com deal for $49. Much better than the regular rate. I'll try to get breakfast out of it, but if not, then oh well.

Thanks all for your help
</font>
WebTraveler, if it's the Hilton Garden Inn in Lake Oswego, I think the coupon used to state that no HHonors points were available with the $49 rate.

OTOH, I've used roomsavers coupons with other HH properties in OR and WA, and got b'fast (HH Gold) and points (with one DT only after submitting the folio to HH CS).

[This message has been edited by honu (edited 03-10-2003).]

RDY3238 Mar 10, 2003 11:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMW:
What if you were interested in several nights? Or is it one night only? Or must you take it day by day once you are there?</font>
Day by day is the rule, but it never hurts to ask the duty Manager - If they have lots of empty rooms, why not?

Steve B Mar 11, 2003 7:18 am

We just drove cross country and back and the only availability problem was in Harrisburg where a huge outdoor convention was going on. These days I don't think availability is a problem. Calling ahead when you get into town, rather than just appearing at the front desk, is the way to go.

[This message has been edited by Steve B (edited 03-11-2003).]

craz Mar 11, 2003 9:37 am

its the only way I go. MOST props will NOT allow you to make a res in advance even that same day(night).

If they get about 80% full they usually will NOT honor the coupon except if its late at night and they arent the only ones in town.

Ive ALWAYS got my HH credit and SPGs also.

Ive checked-in where the person B4 me just paid close to $100 more than me. Also most props will take 1 coupon per night with a limit of 1 room per person but then again each prop will bend the rules when its in their benefit and they are loaded with rooms. Ive had some even book me when I was on the phone to make sure they didnt lose it.

the best way to go is call at least a day ahead and just ask how the rooms look for tommorrow night, they usually will tell you if you have a good shot at it ( like the airlines when we call to see what it looks like for the load factor to see if a bump or a row to sleep in will be in thge cards),

SkiAdcock Mar 11, 2003 2:10 pm

Sounds like too many restrictions to me - basically a walk-up and only for one night unless you can convince them otherwise. For me personally (realize everyone is different), I'm not into flying somewhere & not having a room lined up & hoping they're less than 80% booked etc especially since most of the time I don't have a car rental to go from hotel to hotel.

I did mention it to my sister who is a park ranger who goes to this one town sometimes (driving) & who it probably would work out for, and the property she stays at has a coupon.

Thanks for the input & explanation of how it works. Appreciate it. Cheers.

WebTraveler Mar 11, 2003 8:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by honu:
WebTraveler, if it's the Hilton Garden Inn in Lake Oswego, I think the coupon used to state that no HHonors points were available with the $49 rate.

OTOH, I've used roomsavers coupons with other HH properties in OR and WA, and got b'fast (HH Gold) and points (with one DT only after submitting the folio to HH CS).

[This message has been edited by honu (edited 03-10-2003).]
</font>
Honu: Yes it is the one in LO. But the coupon has a series of limitations, but says nothing about the lack of Honors points.

"Based upon availability. Must show this coupon upon check-in. Not valid with other discounts, on holidays, or during special events. Not valid with advance reservations made at a higher rate."

So I am going to try it. One of the nights we'll be staying is a Friday night. The lowest rate available drops considerably on Friday and Saturday nights, so I doubt I'll have a problem with our "second" night. If so, I see the Fairfield Inn right across the street has a similar cheap rate and I'll just do that. The thing is in this immediate area there are so many of hotels in this price segment.