FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   ROOMSAVER.COM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/129784-roomsaver-com.html)

HK-UMICH Jan 23, 2001 7:16 am

Where to find Room Saver Coupon?

as Subject.. it that by hotel or by the vistor center? Any website hosting Hilton family coupons?

THANKS!

RoarAhead Jan 23, 2001 7:18 am

Try roomsaver.com....

bfllover Mar 7, 2001 3:03 am

to craz---How did you get the $34.50 rate??

You posted you used the roomsaver.com coupon and 50% off club rate--but they always state only one discount on the coupons??enlighten me ,please!!!

craz Mar 7, 2001 8:45 am

sorry for the confusion. the $34.50 was 1/2 of $69 for a HamptonInn in New Mexico,it was listed in my Entertainment 50% OFF Hotels booklet. I paid $39.95 in Flagstaff,AZ which as of 3/1 is $44.95.

I didnt get 2 discounts per stay.But with most people paying the 69 while others paid 59 cause of a 'AAA' or senior discount,I did OK. Also all I got as a price from HH was 55 at both locations.

craz Feb 11, 2002 5:43 pm

becareful with ROOMSAVER.COM

tried to check in to the Hampton Inn@King of Prussia,Pa on sunday night.The night mgr said ONLY coupons from the book are accepted, not a printed coupon.Told her it was from RS.COM, and its just as good.She didnt budge, nor was she willing to sign my coupon that at the time I was checking in rooms were aviable.
So I called HI res and the rep thought she was nuts and told me to leave a message for customer service to back myself up, did so and checked in at $119 for the night.
At check out I asked by name for the mgr that the HI rep gave me sun night, turns out he hasnt been around for over 5 years.Spoke to the mgr who said I didnt get the $59 rate since it wasnt aviable, and the $119 rate stands.
I told him 1)the night mgr called a person called....., if no rooms were aviable she should have said so, why did she call ..., 2)call HI customer service they know all about it, I was willing to pay the $59 rate till he started to play games till he realized everything I said was TRUE,(also went down after check-in to get a toothbrush and paste, the mgr said 'NOW WHAT', then that the stuff was locked up in a room down the hall and that she was busy(talking on the phone to a friend), and come back at 6am Ill get it then, I left didnt she think people brush their teeth B4 going to sleep.

the day mgr was going to charge me $59 only after hassling me and trying to get the rate to stick at $119. I told him he didnt need to do me any favors and reduce the rate to $59, since after the way both he and the night mgr treated the whole episode, I was now totally disatisfied with the hotel and expected the room to be w/o charge at all.
And so the room was w/o charge in the end.

The point is even though the internet coupons are suppose to work they may not.so if thats all you have try as I did to get the person checking you in to sign that when you presented the coupon there was room at that rate, if they refuse as by me call HI res and ask for customer service if closed leave a message, this is to protect yourself.
My intent was not to get the room for free ONLY to pay the coupon rate of $59 instead of the $119 rate.Thats why I documented everything.Why not go else where, Im a Diamond and wanted the double miles and stay credit, which Ill still earn even though the stay turned out free.

upgrader Jun 22, 2002 4:28 pm

Credit for RoomSaver, etc.?

Other than losing the 1,000 (or 2,500 under the 50K promo)online reservation points, is there any disadvantage to using services like RoomSaver to save some money at a Hilton property? Do you still get points as with any stay, upgrades if available, etc.? I've noticed some significant savings with some of the coupons available with these services (recognizing the restrictive days of the week, mostly no reservations allowed, no holidays and the like) but am wary of losing the usual benefits? Have FTers been treated differently when using these coupons? Thanks.

Steve B Jun 23, 2002 10:51 am

I've always gotten credit for roomsaver stays and the discount more than makes up for the loss of the online booking bonus. For instance, the lowest online weekend rate for the Andover Mass Hampton Inn is 81.00 but the roomsaver coupon gets you the room for 49.00.

dldkjones Jun 24, 2002 2:23 pm

I have received full points and miles for 2 stays at the same hotel when using the roomsaver coupon which saved a minimum of $34 per night each stay.

gw14 Jun 24, 2002 7:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve B:
I've always gotten credit for roomsaver stays and the discount more than makes up for the loss of the online booking bonus. For instance, the lowest online weekend rate for the Andover Mass Hampton Inn is 81.00 but the roomsaver coupon gets you the room for 49.00. </font>
Couldn't find any coupon for the Hampton Inn in Andover on roomsaver.com, is it in the magazine only??

Steve B Jun 27, 2002 1:55 pm

The "Andover" Hampton Inn is actually a couple of hundred yards from the Andover line. It has a much less fashionable Lawrence address....which is the town you have to click on to get the coupon.

kempis Jun 28, 2002 5:15 am

Have I understood it correctly if you cant prebook anything with roomsaver? You just print the paper and hop the hotel has room left or?

jabez Jun 28, 2002 6:01 am

You should get credit with any coupon that you give to clerk at check in.I haven't used one in awhile,but they can be great savings. Generally,these hotels do a lot of business with the driving travelers.

Steve B Jun 28, 2002 7:30 am

Kempis....If you just show up at the front desk you're at kind of a disadvantage. They're more likely to say that "we're over 75% capacity so you can't use that coupon." They know you're not likely to turn around and walk out. I just call ahead. Once in awhile the desk clerk will say that you can't prebook so I ask "well, how does it look as of now?" and they always say something like "it looks good."
Last week I booked ahead at a Hampton that didn't use roomsaver coupons and when I got to the front desk I managed to get a lower business rate. I got the lower rate AND the 2500 Hilton bonus. I wonder what would happen if you booked online and then handed them the coupon?

upgrader Jun 28, 2002 8:08 am

Some of the roomsaver coupons say that you can book them using plan code P1 or by asking for code PRB when making reservations. Anyone ever done this and got the 2,500 points for online booking. I'm guessing this means you can enter P1 in an online booking and that the PRB code is for call in reservations. Anyone know?

WebTraveler Mar 7, 2003 7:38 pm

ROOMSAVER.COM

Do we get Honors points for stays using Roomsaver.com rates?

Do Gold VIPs get free breakfast?

RDY3238 Mar 7, 2003 10:19 pm

I got points and miles with a Roomsavers coupon at the pdx D/T D/Tree. No Gold breakfast.

Steve B Mar 8, 2003 2:09 pm

I have used roomsaver coupons dozens of times and always gotten points.

yesletsski Mar 8, 2003 2:27 pm

We got points, miles and breakfast on a roomsaver rate at the BWI HGI. Great hotel.

WebTraveler Mar 8, 2003 6:16 pm

Great. Looks like it is hit and miss. We are putting in some wood floors in the house and because of the stains and the toxic chemicals we need to stay out of the house for a few days.

There is a Hilton Garden Inn around the corner that looks like it will be a decent fit for these two nights. I found a Roomsaver.Com deal for $49. Much better than the regular rate. I'll try to get breakfast out of it, but if not, then oh well.

Thanks all for your help

MRKEY Mar 8, 2003 6:26 pm

I received HH pts & mile using roomsaver.com...great way to get cheaper stays...cadaver~ there must be availablity at check in time..present coupon printed from roomsaver.com

A tip I learned from Jan_Az http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif Thanks again Jan!

------------------
MRKEY

TTT103 Mar 9, 2003 12:23 pm

This thread resulted in me taking a look at Roomsaver.com. I could not figure out how one goes about booking a room. Once you print a coupon can you make an advanced reservation, or is it only available for walk-in's? If you can make an advance reservation, must you call the hotel directly?

SkiAdcock Mar 9, 2003 1:06 pm

I'm w/ tt103. Because of this thread I looked at roomsaver.com and also a bit confused. I don't do walk-ups at any hotels, whether leisure or bizness, so if it has to be that way probably wouldn't do me much good. But if you reserve at a higher rate, do you just show up & ask if they can apply the coupon instead? Does availability mean at the hotel in general, or is it like airlines where only a certain amount of rooms are available at the discounted rate? And ditto the question on whether you have to book through hotel or can you go through online or 800#.

RDY3238 Mar 9, 2003 1:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Once you print a coupon can you make an advanced reservation, or is it only available for walk-in's? If you can make an advance reservation, must you call the hotel directly? </font>
Print the coupon, and call ahead. I called a few days ahead to scope out general availability, although you are only supposed to try to confirm on day of stay. FOH desk clerks I have spoken to have never remarked on any rules particularly.

CMW Mar 9, 2003 6:29 pm

What if you were interested in several nights? Or is it one night only? Or must you take it day by day once you are there?

honu Mar 10, 2003 5:07 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WebTraveler:
Great. There is a Hilton Garden Inn around the corner that looks like it will be a decent fit for these two nights. I found a Roomsaver.Com deal for $49. Much better than the regular rate. I'll try to get breakfast out of it, but if not, then oh well.

Thanks all for your help
</font>
WebTraveler, if it's the Hilton Garden Inn in Lake Oswego, I think the coupon used to state that no HHonors points were available with the $49 rate.

OTOH, I've used roomsavers coupons with other HH properties in OR and WA, and got b'fast (HH Gold) and points (with one DT only after submitting the folio to HH CS).

[This message has been edited by honu (edited 03-10-2003).]

RDY3238 Mar 10, 2003 11:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMW:
What if you were interested in several nights? Or is it one night only? Or must you take it day by day once you are there?</font>
Day by day is the rule, but it never hurts to ask the duty Manager - If they have lots of empty rooms, why not?

Steve B Mar 11, 2003 7:18 am

We just drove cross country and back and the only availability problem was in Harrisburg where a huge outdoor convention was going on. These days I don't think availability is a problem. Calling ahead when you get into town, rather than just appearing at the front desk, is the way to go.

[This message has been edited by Steve B (edited 03-11-2003).]

craz Mar 11, 2003 9:37 am

its the only way I go. MOST props will NOT allow you to make a res in advance even that same day(night).

If they get about 80% full they usually will NOT honor the coupon except if its late at night and they arent the only ones in town.

Ive ALWAYS got my HH credit and SPGs also.

Ive checked-in where the person B4 me just paid close to $100 more than me. Also most props will take 1 coupon per night with a limit of 1 room per person but then again each prop will bend the rules when its in their benefit and they are loaded with rooms. Ive had some even book me when I was on the phone to make sure they didnt lose it.

the best way to go is call at least a day ahead and just ask how the rooms look for tommorrow night, they usually will tell you if you have a good shot at it ( like the airlines when we call to see what it looks like for the load factor to see if a bump or a row to sleep in will be in thge cards),

SkiAdcock Mar 11, 2003 2:10 pm

Sounds like too many restrictions to me - basically a walk-up and only for one night unless you can convince them otherwise. For me personally (realize everyone is different), I'm not into flying somewhere & not having a room lined up & hoping they're less than 80% booked etc especially since most of the time I don't have a car rental to go from hotel to hotel.

I did mention it to my sister who is a park ranger who goes to this one town sometimes (driving) & who it probably would work out for, and the property she stays at has a coupon.

Thanks for the input & explanation of how it works. Appreciate it. Cheers.

WebTraveler Mar 11, 2003 8:17 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by honu:
WebTraveler, if it's the Hilton Garden Inn in Lake Oswego, I think the coupon used to state that no HHonors points were available with the $49 rate.

OTOH, I've used roomsavers coupons with other HH properties in OR and WA, and got b'fast (HH Gold) and points (with one DT only after submitting the folio to HH CS).

[This message has been edited by honu (edited 03-10-2003).]
</font>
Honu: Yes it is the one in LO. But the coupon has a series of limitations, but says nothing about the lack of Honors points.

"Based upon availability. Must show this coupon upon check-in. Not valid with other discounts, on holidays, or during special events. Not valid with advance reservations made at a higher rate."

So I am going to try it. One of the nights we'll be staying is a Friday night. The lowest rate available drops considerably on Friday and Saturday nights, so I doubt I'll have a problem with our "second" night. If so, I see the Fairfield Inn right across the street has a similar cheap rate and I'll just do that. The thing is in this immediate area there are so many of hotels in this price segment.

RDY3238 Mar 11, 2003 8:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Honu: Yes it is the one in Lake Oswego</font>
Drove right past it today - have some customers in Mtn Pk there.

honu Mar 12, 2003 8:34 pm

Web Traveler, I checked the coupon again, and the language about ineligibility for HH points is gone (was there last year). There shouldn't be any problem then. If it doesn't post by itself, you can always call HHonors two weeks later...
I agree with you, on Fr. and Sa. most hotels will be happy to have paying customers even at lower rates and you might be able to confirm two nights when you first check in.

[email protected] Mar 12, 2003 10:06 pm

i am planning a trip to orlando hilton inn on 3/18 and would like to know how i can use this coupon i got from roomsavers.com for $54
while my reservation rate is $109..

basically i am asking do any of you know how i can get the front desk clerk to give me the rate on the coupon with-out any problems

WebTraveler Mar 12, 2003 10:10 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by honu:
Web Traveler, I checked the coupon again, and the language about ineligibility for HH points is gone (was there last year). There shouldn't be any problem then. If it doesn't post by itself, you can always call HHonors two weeks later...
I agree with you, on Fr. and Sa. most hotels will be happy to have paying customers even at lower rates and you might be able to confirm two nights when you first check in.
</font>
Glad to get that sorted out! Hopefully I'll be able to swing the breakfast...I'll let you guys know....we're still a couple weeks away.

craz Mar 13, 2003 9:50 am

happens31, you CAN NOT use the RS coupon with prior res!!

I was in MCO last night and most places were booked( spring training and a really big convention going on) then again didnt start to find a place till around 6pm. Got into a Hamp Inn by x64, at $49 for the night and since they own the Homeword Suites next door (2 min walk) was able to go over and use their hot tub, NO Ham has a hot tub in MCO.

a couple of the HGIs I tried said they were booked but they would take a res with the coupon rate on the phone ON the day of the stay( NOT B4). So what you have to do is if you arent flexible with the hotel you're stuck, you can always call another place that takes the coupon and then cancel your res, but get your cancellation policy down pat, hate to have to pay for 2 hotels for the same night.

Steve B Mar 13, 2003 11:26 am

Right. You have to cancel your current reservation and make another one in the area at a hotel that allows a cancellation up until 6:00PM on the date of arrival. You can also call up the Hilton a couple days before arriving and ask how full they are for the day you arrive. These days the answer will probably be "not very" but if they say the ARE pretty full then make another reservation if you must stay there.

RDY3238 May 4, 2003 6:59 pm

Roomsaver.com restricts HH points

I was looking for cheap paid stays for fast track. My local Hilton Gdn Inn posted this -

$59.00
3/01/03 thru 6/30/03
+Tax
HHonors Points not available with this rate.
1-2 per room

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

Edited to add - The Doubletree has no such posted restriction

[This message has been edited by RDY3238 (edited 05-04-2003).]

WebTraveler May 5, 2003 6:51 pm

If this is the Lake Oswego Garden Inn then that is new. I stayed there a month or so ago while we had some work done on the home. They told me at check in I wouldn't get credit, but I did. I was comfortable I was going to get credit because it is not listed as one of the DQ rates in the member guide.

But the price also went up $10, it was $49.

I did get the gold breakfast coupons, which they said I would get, just not the points.

In my opinion, a super property. I'd recommend it to anyone. Clean, in great shape, nice staff, close to all sorts of restaurants in the area.

Too bad on the points....?!? I did see that they had a regular 21-day advance rate for $62 when I looked at it. Heck, if they still had the $62 rate I'd pay that if I was sure I was coming, to get the points....and Honors stay credit.

This is the latest in Hilton's nickel and dime of their program. Very disappointing to say the least.

RDY3238 May 5, 2003 7:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WebTraveler:
If this is the Lake Oswego Garden Inn then that is new. I was comfortable I was going to get credit because it is not listed as one of the DQ rates in the member guide.
This is the latest in Hilton's nickel and dime of their program. Very disappointing to say the least.
</font>
Yes LOGI. Other Hilton family properties do not have the posted restriction.
DQ rates? Currently the Beaverton Hilton Garden Inn is not showing up in Roomsaver.com so its hard to know if this is across the board or just an isolated property.

WebTraveler May 6, 2003 8:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RDY3238:
[B]
DQ rates? [B]</font>
disqualifying