Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Millenium Hilton New York Downtown {US-NY} — NO LONGER HILTON HONORS

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:02 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
more4less, the postal address of the hotel is 55 Church St., New York, New York, 10007,
Any package receipt charges can vary based on the nature/size/nurmber of package(s), and so I suggest that you call the hotel concierge: 212.312.2020.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
more4less, the postal address of the hotel is 55 Church St., New York, New York, 10007,
Any package receipt charges can vary based on the nature/size/nurmber of package(s), and so I suggest that you call the hotel concierge: 212.312.2020.
Thanks Ocn Vw 1K,
Old Mar 27, 2019, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by vindesante
We chose to stay at this Hilton because it has a VIP award of only 100,000 points for 6 nights (the only one at this point level in NYC) and it has a pool with health club. We were visiting for a combination family get together and 50th birthday celebration for my husband. I wrote to the general manager prior to our stay explaining the special occasion of our visit (and pointing out my gold status) for this award stay and was not disappointed. We were given a Jr. suite with a seperate living room with pullout sofa (perfect for our daughter), 6 breakfast coupons in lieu of executive floor use, since they do not have one at this hotel and a bottle of chilled champagne with a card wishing my husband happy 50th birthday. Our suite was on the 43rd floor and we had a great view of the harbor and Statue of Liberty and World Trade Center right across the street. Although not as convenient to midtown we did have access to no fewer than 6 subway lines right outside our door or across the street. We were most pleased with our accomodations and would recomend this 8 year young property in NY. Only one complaint, the automated mini bar made it impossible for us to store any food in our room unless we wanted to keep refilling the ice bucket
how did you get in touch with the general manager? I would like to contact the hotel as we are staying there this weekend. Thank your
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:44 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Call the hotel's general #: 212-693-2001. Ask to speak to the Front Office Manager. Assuming that they're available, you'll get the FOM or Assistant FOM. I've found that the FOM office can take care of room assignments for special requests, about 3-4 days before arrival.

It does help to have good HH elite status and there has to be the type of inventory available to take care of the requests. So requests for, say, suite upgrades around Fashion Week or some other busy time, will be quite difficult.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:12 am

I had a stay here last weekend (April 6 and 7). I wasn't upgraded as a Diamond (they were full; no rooms were available for booking when I looked on the app so fair there). Room was fine, nothing special. Room and hotel seemed a bit dated - I stayed here in 2013ish and imagine it wasn't updated since then.

Breakfast is on the third floor and is buffet (scrambled eggs, french toast/waffles, bagels, pastries, yogurt, fruit). It was edible but not fantastic. At checkin the front desk rep mentioned an upcharge for a full (?) breakfast but it wasn't mentioned at the restaurant and I was looking for something light anyway. Gratuity was not included.

I had a late departure out of NYC and asked for a late checkout; was given 1:30 and basically had to beg for 2. I really wanted 4, but said there would be a $50 charge **rolls eyes** Hotel held my bags without issue until I picked them up later in the day.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:42 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Attending the GLAAD media awards, which happen to be at this hotel. Worth staying here for a night? Is it that bad? I have a reservation at the Pen, but it might make sense to stay at the venue?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
What is "The Pen"...the Peninsula? Surely a much nicer hotel but not even in the same universe locationally.

What did you read that the Millenium Hilton is a "bad" hotel?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
I had a stay here last weekend (April 6 and 7). I wasn't upgraded as a Diamond (they were full; no rooms were available for booking when I looked on the app so fair there). Room was fine, nothing special. Room and hotel seemed a bit dated - I stayed here in 2013ish and imagine it wasn't updated since then.
Did they get rid of the cook-to-order? I thought I remembered that when I stayed there ~2yrs ago. Order was placed with server for any of the cook-to-order stuff. 2yrs ago they also had upcharge to full breakfast. However, they never charged it ( did leave additional $$ even though the vouchers at the time specifically said they included gratuity) and the server(s) even knew us and automatically brought the coffee/juice/whatever we got the previous on the 2nd/3rd days.

Unless I am mixing it up with another hotel, there was also a room-service option for the continental breakfast which was nice. Less food, but it started earlier in the morning and worked out great for the last day as I had an early flight.

I think the no AC in winter (pain with managing temp through opening windows and being way too hot on arrival) was my only problem and otherwise was great. Sad that the rooms still have not been updated, they were dated when I stayed two years ago but they said they were in process of renovating...

Last edited by B3nder; Apr 14, 2019 at 9:26 pm
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by B3nder
Did they get rid of the cook-to-order? I thought I remembered that when I stayed there ~2yrs ago. Order was placed with server for any of the cook-to-order stuff. 2yrs ago they also had upcharge to full breakfast. However, they never charged it ( did leave additional $$ even though the vouchers at the time specifically said they included gratuity) and the server(s) even knew us and automatically brought the coffee/juice/whatever we got the previous on the 2nd/3rd days.

Unless I am mixing it up with another hotel, there was also a room-service option for the continental breakfast which was nice. Less food, but it started earlier in the morning and worked out great for the last day as I had an early flight.

I think the no AC in winter (pain with managing temp through opening windows and being way too hot on arrival) was my only problem and otherwise was great. Sad that the rooms still have not been updated, they were dated when I stayed two years ago but they said they were in process of renovating...
There may have been an omelet station at the buffet counter but I can't really remember. There was definitely no mention by the wait staff of anything cooked to order. I don't remember being told of a in room option.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:59 pm

Breakfast vouchers

Originally Posted by danpeake

Breakfast is on the third floor and is buffet (scrambled eggs, french toast/waffles, bagels, pastries, yogurt, fruit). It was edible but not fantastic. At checkin the front desk rep mentioned an upcharge for a full (?) breakfast but it wasn't mentioned at the restaurant and I was looking for something light anyway. Gratuity was not included.

I had a late departure out of NYC and asked for a late checkout; was given 1:30 and basically had to beg for 2. I really wanted 4, but said there would be a $50 charge **rolls eyes** Hotel held my bags without issue until I picked them up later in the day.
Danpeake or anybody else who has stayed at this hotel recently - are breakfast vouchers given for gold/diamonds or is it being handled by direct billing to room then comped accordingly?

Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by zephear0

Danpeake or anybody else who has stayed at this hotel recently - are breakfast vouchers given for gold/diamonds or is it being handled by direct billing to room then comped accordingly?

Thanks!
The latter.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Anyone stay here the past 6 months or so (during COVID outbreak?) Any service at all? How about the neighboring shops? Pre-March, I know the area quite well, but wondering what's open now, and if the hotel makes it up for diamond guests with breakfast, etc.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 7:28 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by homegrowned
if the hotel makes it up for diamond guests with breakfast, etc.
Doubtful... the website currently says:

The following services and amenities are currently not available: Concierge, Fitness Center, Breakfast, On-site Restaurant(s), Pool, Room Service, Valet Parking.”

From other Hilton family properties I’ve stayed at recently, no breakfast really means nothing is offered, including any attempt at an alternate amenity
Old Sep 7, 2020, 8:36 pm

Programs: AC E50K, DL GM , Hyatt Glob.
Originally Posted by dw
Doubtful... the website currently says:

The following services and amenities are currently not available: Concierge, Fitness Center, Breakfast, On-site Restaurant(s), Pool, Room Service, Valet Parking.”

From other Hilton family properties I’ve stayed at recently, no breakfast really means nothing is offered, including any attempt at an alternate amenity
Ah ty. I wasn't sure if that meant - 'our facilities are closed for dining' but we've got a grab n go ready or... what you said - ty!
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:24 am
qed

Programs: American LTG, Bonvoy G, Hilton LTD
As of mid-July 2021 this hotel is still operating with no services. They claim that valet parking is operating on a limited basis - this means that you can park at a garage two blocks away and walk to the hotel. The bar and all food service remain closed. By comparison the Downtown Marriott is fully open as is much of the World Trade Center area. The new $15 Hilton breakfast credit is of course not available as it would be useless. I asked for compensation for the lack of breakfast at the front desk, the rep offered 3000 points for my 2-person 2-night stay. I said that 12000 was the minimum I would find acceptable, the rep said that they would have to contact a manager and get back to me. For what its worth (apparently very little), I'm Lifetime Diamond and my wife and I have stayed at this hotel frequently. The rooms used to have small refrigerators which are gone, making in-room breakfast even harder. Overall the property is worn down --- poor grout and caulk in the bathrooms, poor carpeting, etc. So I'm looking for a new go-to hotel option in NYC. The good news is that Hilton has watered-down Diamond so much that I don't lose very much by changing brands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.