FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   [email protected] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/129506-flyertalk-hilton-com.html)

Adam Burke Aug 9, 2001 3:36 pm

[email protected]

Hello all. First of all, thank you again for giving us the opportunity to participate in this forum. We continue to find FlyerTalk an extremely useful resource in establishing an ongoing dialogue with our members, and in helping us to identify areas in need of improvement. As I've frequently said, our Service Center team in Dallas deserves all the credit for quickly and effectively addressing the concerns raised in this forum.

While we certainly continue to monitor the boards here at the corporate office, we realized that the vast majority of issues raised on FlyerTalk have been ones that are directly addressed by the Service Center. So, to expedite how your inquiries are processed, we've established a DEDICATED E-MAIL ADDRESS for FlyerTalkers. This e-mail address goes directly to the Service Center in Dallas, and will be monitored daily to ensure that your requests are handled in the most efficient manner possible.

The e-mail address is "[email protected]" and is available for your immediate use.

Many thanks for the continuing opportunity to address any questions or concerns you may have, and for your continued business!

Best regards,

Adam Burke
Vice President, Marketing -- North America
Hilton HHonors Worldwide

dominick Aug 9, 2001 3:39 pm

WOW!

DOC 2 BE Aug 9, 2001 3:40 pm

Thanx Adam! The new e-mail is much appreciated!

MIKESILV Aug 9, 2001 3:58 pm

Great news thanks again for your help.
mike

Andrew Yiu Aug 9, 2001 4:00 pm

Many thanks for this Adam!! Have you also considered having someone on the board full time like Starwood Lurker on the Starwood forum?

cgachuck Aug 9, 2001 4:08 pm

ADAM --

Wow! Thanks so much! What a wonderful thing for us FT folks, but even better for ya'll at HHonors.

You might even want to consider some sort of regular "focus group" type gatherings for discussions from FT HHonors members. We could of course give very honest opinions and great suggestions.

doc Aug 9, 2001 4:11 pm

Excellent idea, Adam! Thanks VERY much! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

rcs85551 Aug 9, 2001 4:37 pm

Another good idea regarding good customer service. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Lokahi Aug 9, 2001 5:04 pm

Mahalo plenty, Mr. Burke. It's gratifying to know that there's a direct channel open to deal with issues and concerns.

One observation, though...I've learned a lot from threads here that began with a problem and worked their way toward some solution or workaround. So I hope that this email option won't reduce the amount of good and valuable information that appears here in the future.

seawolf Aug 9, 2001 5:11 pm

thanks.

BTW, do Diamonds have a dedicated reservation line yet?

BlondeBomber Aug 9, 2001 5:17 pm

Thanks Adam. Flyertalk is the reason I started staying at Hiltons again.

After a bad experience at the Palms Springs Hilton in the 80s, I avoided Hiltons until I started reading this forum this year.

I have now enjoyed many stays in 2001 and have been quite impressed overall with the service, room quality and overall value for money paid.

Eugene Aug 9, 2001 5:30 pm

Adam -- Many, many thanks!

irelandsnow Aug 9, 2001 5:43 pm

we too, THANK YOU!

RoadWeary Aug 9, 2001 5:59 pm

Wow - Thats great news, yet another reason Hilton is my first choice of hotels.

Danial Aug 9, 2001 6:03 pm

Thanks Mr Adam Burke and Hilton for personal touch support given to we all FlyerTalkers, and not forgotten, please relay my personal thanks to Ms Kristy Hall, and Ms Stacy Strickland for their astounding support, and of course you too Mr Adam.

hoops100 Aug 9, 2001 6:18 pm

Thanks. Great idea!

ClassicalGal Aug 9, 2001 6:53 pm

Wow! How cool is that? Thanks!

hfly Aug 9, 2001 7:05 pm

Great idea Adam.

Empress, I may be wrong, but I believe that Starwood got the idea to do that by watching Adam here on the Hilton board.

outoftown Aug 9, 2001 7:06 pm

It's nice to see more proof of Hilton's extraordinary focus on customer service. I look forward to my 5th year as a Diamond.

tinkybelle Aug 9, 2001 7:38 pm

Adam.
That is great.
good to know you think we are worth the effort-although I usually have little to complain about at Hilton-except that the site is a little slow at the moment.

------------------
Hyatt /Hilton Diamond

Dudemon Aug 9, 2001 7:53 pm

Adam, Its commitment to service like this that keeps most of our aggregate problems in the area of Where's my free breakfast and What, Hampton only gives me 100 miles?!

I look forward to making Diamond in 7 more stays!

fscher Aug 9, 2001 7:58 pm

This is too good to be true!
I knew Flyertalk had clout, but this rocks!

drtravels Aug 9, 2001 8:02 pm

Thanks Adam! Hilton should give you an expense paid week at the Hilton of your choice http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

freeupgrade Aug 9, 2001 9:03 pm

Adam,

Thanks. Great idea. I look forward to Night # 60 and DIAMOND with Hlton mext Thursday 8/16 and many stays beyond.

freeupgrade

AndrewM Aug 9, 2001 10:32 pm

Thanks Adam!

AndrewM

shadow Aug 9, 2001 11:03 pm

Thank you Adam, what a great service you've offered us! You may be a candidate for another OMNI award...

Teeejay Aug 9, 2001 11:12 pm

Thanks Adam!

MileBoy Aug 10, 2001 1:10 am

Adam:

Thanks a bunch.

PGHflyer Aug 10, 2001 6:01 am

Thanks - a great show of valuing our business.

DaveM Aug 10, 2001 8:45 am

Thanks Adam!

200 ngts/ 200 legs/year Aug 10, 2001 8:57 am

Thanks Adam

also Hilton should note that the reason that I started staying (in big numbers of nights) again with Hilton was this board. Now approaching Diamond.

mrthrifty Aug 10, 2001 9:19 am

I've already got a great story due to using the email address Adam's provided for us Flyertalk members.

I was having problems getting 7000 Mypoints to transfer to Hilton and was wanting to use them next week in Denver.

After emailing Hilton about the problem and asking them what they could do to expedite the transfer, I received an email stating that they would credit 7000 Hilton points to my account for my immediate use and would contact Mypoints regarding the issue.

Now THAT is what I call outstanding service. Customers don't get such wonderful treatment as often anymore.

shadow Aug 10, 2001 9:35 am

Let me tag onto the post by mrthrifty above....

I documented on 2 other threads the problem I've had with the BY2TM/EWRDC promos & whether I should be Gold until 4/03 or not.
After seeing this thread I sent an e-mail and got the following response in LESS THAN 8 HOURS.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Dear Mr. Shadow

The expiration dates are generally determined based on the upgrade code placed
on your account and the time of year the upgrade occurs. This may be linked to
those who were initially issued Gold cards with the 2003 expiration date.

In any event, you are well on your way already this year with 9 stays 23 nights,
therefore, I have overridden your 2002 Gold VIP tier expiration date to reflect
an expiration of 4/2003. You will receive an updated membership card in 7-10
business days.

Best regards,

Kristy Hall
Assistant Director, Program Operations
Hilton HHonors Worldwide</font>
I can only say again...thank you Adam Burke!

chexfan Aug 10, 2001 9:56 am

well... just to add another thanks to Adam and the whole HHonors staff.

PG Aug 10, 2001 10:08 am

Thanks Adam.

Larrude Aug 10, 2001 11:34 am

Adam - thank you very much, for this, for past help from many of us.

Shadow - I did not get a response similar to yours - mine was - well you seem to be on your way, but if you don't qualify write us again later in the year and we will then consider weather to extend you to April 2003 or not.

MoreMilesPlease Aug 10, 2001 12:22 pm

Thanks Adam http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

thezipper Aug 10, 2001 12:46 pm

I e-mailed Adam yesterday morning, got a reply back from him at 8PM last night! This type of attention to customer service is keeping me at Hilton, plus a special e-mail address for us FlyerTalk folks. WOW! Kudos to you and the rest of your staff.

Just to add, Adam called me today and got everything straightened out with a problem I was facing. He told me it would be resolved today, and it is! Thanks Adam!!

[This message has been edited by thezipper (edited 08-13-2001).]

toadman Aug 10, 2001 2:20 pm

For those of us fortunate to have found or been steered to FlyerTalk and to have an individual such as Adam looking after us is wonderful!

Thanks Adam!

PremEx Aug 10, 2001 7:04 pm

Thank You Adam! Hopefully if my future stays at Hilton and it's affiliated properties, and the timely and accurate posting of my points to my HHonors account, continue to be as good as they have been for me in the past, I will never find myself needing to use that E-Mail address!

But glad it's there "just in case" and it's presence indicates you and your company's commitment to fine Customer Service! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif